If Chad takes us into...

ECURB

Hint: It has nothing to do with a QB who cant hit them down the field in stride, and has thrown as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Also, you forgot that 1 WR went to the probowl with the redskins, not with Chad Pennington throwing him the ball.

The other WR broke Torry Holts NCstate receiving records.

Coles in '02 from Penny 89 1264 14.2 5 tds

His pro-bowl year 82 1204 14.7 6 tds

Shocking difference.

The other WR caught plenty of balls from those other qbs last year, didn't he? Breaking records in college is very important. Just ask Alex Van Dyke.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So SoFla, exactly where do you rank PennyBoy in that list of QB's?

TX what exactly is your point? I agree Pennington sucks however in this league after 4 the top 10 sucks. Pennington is as good as anybody not named Carson Palmer, Brady, Manning, Brees and Rivers. The QB play in the NFL blows if it didn't Pennington wouldn't have a starting job. That said it isn't going to be easy to upgrade from him based on the trash around the league.

TX what exactly is your point? I agree Pennington sucks however in this league after 4 the top 10 sucks. Pennington is as good as anybody not named Carson Palmer, Brady, Manning, Brees and Rivers. The QB play in the NFL blows if it didn't Pennington wouldn't have a starting job. That said it isn't going to be easy to upgrade from him based on the trash around the league.

That is untrue as shown by several posts in this thread. McNabb, Bulger, McNair, Romo and VY certainly do not "suck." These guys are clearly a cut above Pennington. At best Pennington can compete with guys like Delhomme, Grossman, Carr, etc. He isn't clearly better than Delhomme though. It would be hard to rank Pennington higher than around 15.

top 10 just like I have had him rated every other time the subject comes up the past couple of years

PennyBoy is not a top 10 QB in the NFL.

12-15 at the very best.

A top 10 QB would have a much better record against good defensive teams than PennyBoy's 4-15 record.

Good one. This is fun. I love MMA, come from Brooklyn and weigh 190. I'm glad I'm in the right place! Good point, screw you Tex. ;)

Haha. 190 is a good weight. What do you cut down to for your fights? I kind of hate weight management and don't really seriously fight, so i don't have to worry about it, but a lot of my friends usually cut down to 170 or so, and some even cut down to 155 (which I think is nuts). I also think this is silly e-thugging, and I only brought it up because he was acting up. What kind of douche tries to pick fights over the internet?

PennyBoy is not a top 10 QB in the NFL.

12-15 at the very best.

A top 10 QB would have a much better record against good defensive teams than PennyBoy's 4-15 record.

A good QB would not lose at home to the lowly Jets.;)

to quote limp "trolling trolling trolling"...

I've been here longer than you, how am I "trolling"?

P.S. quoting Limp Bizkit has to be one of the gayest things I have ever seen

P.P.S jetsrule how many SN's have you created at JI, give it up man, just give it up.

so the QB has nothing to do with it...ok now that you cleared that up for me...lol

Ok, so in the case of Tony Romo, Marc Bulger, Jake Delhomme, Phillip Rivers, and Trent Green, it's because of the talent around them.

But, in the case of Chad Pennington, the QB makes the receivers.

Gotcha.

I've been here longer than you, how am I "trolling"?

P.S. quoting Limp Bizkit has to be one of the gayest things I have ever seen

P.P.S jetsrule how many SN's have you created at JI, give it up man, just give it up.

only one at ji i was adione718 and got banned...whats so gay about it ..and why are you getting so mad dude..smoke something bro...

A good QB would not lose at home to the lowly Jets.;)

Take a step back, and see the entire forrest there Machine.

Good stat from the Pats game yesterday:

In his first 100 starts in the NFL, Brady is 76-24.

That is the best of any QB in the history of the NFL since the merger in 1970.

That is untrue as shown by several posts in this thread. McNabb, Bulger, McNair, Romo and VY certainly do not "suck." These guys are clearly a cut above Pennington. At best Pennington can compete with guys like Delhomme, Grossman, Carr, etc. He isn't clearly better than Delhomme though. It would be hard to rank Pennington higher than around 15.

McNabb is done and as good as he was, he pissed his pants in the SB, I wouldn't go near him. Of course I grew up with Joe who was cool.

McNair is a solid pro, I always liked him and I was freaking dying for the Jets to draft Young only to be told by everyone on the board he was an idiot incapable of carrying a clip board for anything other than remedial math drills. Talk to me about Romo when he beats a good Defense. All the Pennington haters, like myself, always bring up this argument when talking about Chad. What D has Romo beat? In 02 Chad was Romo except better. Stop talking about the flavor of the month that’s hot and show me the guy having a drink, talking to the girls at the pool the day before the SB who isn’t going to piss his pants and is going to get it done.

Show me that guy and I'm all for dumping Chad.

Haha. 190 is a good weight. What do you cut down to for your fights? I kind of hate weight management and don't really seriously fight, so i don't have to worry about it, but a lot of my friends usually cut down to 170 or so, and some even cut down to 155 (which I think is nuts). I also think this is silly e-thugging, and I only brought it up because he was acting up. What kind of douche tries to pick fights over the internet?

Ha. I only weigh 190 cause I moved to Italy and my wife loves to cook. I should probably weigh around 178 and would have to cut to 170 or 155 if I really fought. I just do a little BJJ and boxing. May try a Muy Thai school soon, but I'm not looking forward to being kneed in the face.

I agree with Tex. Penny is around 12-15, but not at best. I'd say 10 best to maybe 18. Problem is that he is top 2-3 in some things and 45 or so in arm strength, so it makes it hard to compare.

Archived