ECURB

What has Chad won as a QB in the NFL?

His record in

2002 was 8-4

2003 was 4-6

2004 was 8-5

2005 was 1-2

2006 is 7-5

for a total of 28-22 with a 2-2 playoff record and no Championship game appearances.

His career winning % including playoffs is .560 meaning that out of every 16 games we win around 9 games. Not good enough IMO

Hi #2!!!!;)

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His record in

2002 was 8-4

2003 was 4-6

2004 was 8-5

2005 was 1-2

2006 is 7-5

for a total of 28-22 with a 2-2 playoff record and no Championship game appearances.

His career winning % including playoffs is .560 meaning that out of every 16 games we win around 9 games. Not good enough IMO

Hey Parcells beat me to it. But do we have to change your username over here as well? The universe just doesn't seem right. lol.

His record in

2002 was 8-4

2003 was 4-6

2004 was 8-5

2005 was 1-2

2006 is 7-5

Good post #2. ;)

What do you judge a QB on?

Looks? His smile? How nice of a guy he is?

There is no perfect stat to judge QB's and i don't claim to have it. I just know that TD/INT ratio involves a HUGE element of luck. Comp% and YPA are much better (but not perfect) measures.

Was tired of debating with LGJ, JetsMike and the rest of the Pennintologists, decided I needed some new blood to debate with about Chad.

LOL..at least your the only Jetnation VIP on here..I'm envious..WTF Max???:)

I just know that TD/INT ratio involves a HUGE element of luck.

Let me make sure I understand this.

QB's that throw a lot of INT's are "unlucky" and QB's that throw a lot of TD's are "lucky" and skill, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it?

You get more ridiculous by the post.

Let me make sure I understand this.

QB's that throw a lot of INT's are "unlucky" and QB's that throw a lot of TD's are "lucky" and skill, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it?

You get more ridiculous by the post.

Should a QB who's arm gets hit and throws a pick or has a ball tipped be punished the same as a QB who makes a horrible throw? What about a QB who plays a bad defensive team and they drop picks? What about a QB who get an EASY TD because a corner falls down? Or because his WR is MUCH better then the corner? What about drops? What about differences in olines? All QB's don't play against the same schedules. There is NO WAY that TD/INT is a fair stat.

There is no perfect stat to judge QB's and i don't claim to have it. I just know that TD/INT ratio involves a HUGE element of luck. Comp% and YPA are much better (but not perfect) measures.

There is no ONE way to judge a player. You have to take all relevant stats, observations of the game, others' observations of the game all into account to juge a player in football.

This isn't baseball where if a guy gets on base at a .400 clip he is a productive player.

Hell David Carr two weeks ago completed 22 straight passes and lost the game because he didn't throw the ball downfield.

The haters act like Pennington is surrounded by all-stars and that he's the only reason we're not undefeated.

Of course, most of them are the same idiots who KNEW there was no way he could win the starting job or even play in the NFL after his shoulder surgery.

They know nothing. Their opinions are to be disregarded.

Don't sweat it, Bob.

Even a chump like PatsfanTXass has his Manson girls.

There is no ONE way to judge a player. You have to take all relevant stats, observations of the game, others' observations of the game all into account to juge a player in football.

This isn't baseball where if a guy gets on base at a .400 clip he is a productive player.

Hell David Carr two weeks ago completed 22 straight passes and lost the game because he didn't throw the ball downfield.

I agree with everything you've said in this post.

Oh yea, the TD/INT ratio is a useless stat when it comes to mesuring QB's.

Maybe we should use the QB rating stat. :eek:

You really are a dumbass.

How about a TD to Turnover stat:

• Pennington 13 TDs 16 TOs
  • Brady 20 TDs 22 TOs
  • Losman 12 TDs 22 TOs
  • Harrington 11 TDS 16 TOs

Should a QB who's arm gets hit and throws a pick or has a ball tipped be punished the same as a QB who makes a horrible throw? What about a QB who plays a bad defensive team and they drop picks? What about a QB who get an EASY TD because a corner falls down? Or because his WR is MUCH better then the corner? All QB's don't play against the same schedules. There is NO WAY that TD/INT is a fair stat.

Over a large sample size luck evens out.

Barton brought up TD/INT rations of QB's for the last couple of seasons, which severly reduces the "luck" factor and levels the playing field greatly.

How about a TD to Turnover stat:

• Pennington 13 TDs 16 TOs
  • Brady 20 TDs 22 TOs
  • Losman 12 TDs 22 TOs
  • Harrington 11 TDS 16 TOs

QB fumbles are much more due to the offensive line's play than the QB itself, TD/INT ratio is a much better way of judging a QB's performance.

If the QB doesn't get hit, he isn't going to fumble.

Dude, get real. Chad is not a top 10 QB. And its not even close.

QB fumbles are much more due to the offensive line's play than the QB itself, TD/INT ratio is a much better way of judging a QB's performance.

If the QB doesn't get hit, he isn't going to fumble.

So the Jets have a better line than NE?

Dude, get real. Chad is not a top 10 QB. And its not even close.

I dunno, It is closer than you think. There aren't many good QB's in the NFL nowadays.

Chad is probably from the 12-15 range in QB's. At least you know what you are ging to get from him week to week vs. a bad defense.

I dunno, It is closer than you think. There aren't many good QB's in the NFL nowadays.

Chad is probably from the 12-15 range in QB's. At least you know what you are ging to get from him week to week vs. a bad defense.

Ok again...who are the 12 to 15 better QBs than Chad starting week 14?

Ok again...who are the 12 to 15 better QBs than Chad starting week 14?

Manning

Brady

Palmer

Brees

Romo

Bulger

Hasselbeck

Young

Garrard

Green

Rivers

Not to mention guys that could be put on the same level as Chad like: Losman, Vick, McNair, Delhomme, Grossman, etc.

Madmike, you must take a step back and observe.

You have gotten the biggest bitch slapping in the history of NFL message boards. Just stop now.

Save yourself from further embarassment.

Are you kidding? He should keep going, I've never been more amused on a Jets message board in my life, with the possible exception of the Herm Edwards interview parodies/actual quotes.

Manning

Brady

Palmer

Brees

Romo

Bulger

Hasselbeck

Young

Garrard

Green

Rivers

Not to mention guys that could be put on the same level as Chad like: Losman, Vick, McNair, Delhomme, Grossman, etc.

give me a friggin break dude-go sign in on the I Hate Chad Thread-I won't even dignify answering each of those names witha yea or ney

and every one of those guys the anti-Chad crowd would rate higher I'm sure than they would say Chad does

No check again.

Though if I were to start a team I'd take guys like Manning, Carr, and Vick over Chad in a second due to their ages and coachable skills.

Archived