If Chad takes us into...

ECURB

You would turn to Clemns or Ramsey now?

You know I don't feel that way. We are in a playoff hunt, and unless either of our other two QB's has been amazing in practice (particularly a rookie) you don't change QB's. That would be retarded. But if we get eliminated? Chad shouldn't see the field again in '06.

Next year I'd like to see Chad as #2; it would be difficult to find a better backup & he'll be gone for cap reasons in '08. His ceiling is just too low. With a better QB, I can't see how Coles wouldn't be having a pro-bowl season. That guy has been just awesome all year. And that's with him running almost all curl-routes so there are no 30-40 yard passes he catches for TD's to break open a game. The pro-bowl WR that Chadites love to say he doesn't have as a target is already on the team. He truly makes Chad look so much better than he really is with his catches in traffic & then bulling his way the extra 2-3 yards for a first down after first (and sometimes 2nd) contact. Cotchery is no slouch. Who knows what he's really capable of?

I'm just tired of us needing to mount a double-digit-play drive in order to get into the endzone. Against playoff teams, you simply can't figure to consectutive 3rd downs the way you can against the Packers or Lions.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know I don't feel that way. We are in a playoff hunt, and unless either of our other two QB's has been amazing in practice (particularly a rookie) you don't change QB's. That would be retarded. But if we get eliminated? Chad shouldn't see the field again in '06.

Next year I'd like to see Chad as #2; it would be difficult to find a better backup & he'll be gone for cap reasons in '08. His ceiling is just too low. With a better QB, I can't see how Coles wouldn't be having a pro-bowl season. That guy has been just awesome all year. And that's with him running almost all curl-routes so there are no 30-40 yard passes he catches for TD's to break open a game. The pro-bowl WR that Chadites love to say he doesn't have as a target is already on the team. He truly makes Chad look so much better than he really is with his catches in traffic & then bulling his way the extra 2-3 yards for a first down after first (and sometimes 2nd) contact. Cotchery is no slouch. Who knows what he's really capable of?

I'm just tired of us needing to mount a double-digit-play drive in order to get into the endzone. Against playoff teams, you simply can't figure to consectutive 3rd downs the way you can against the Packers or Lions.

I can't argue any of those points except that a QB and WR work in tandem. Chad gets them teh balls in their spot. Because those are intermediate patterns, I do not cry for Coles or Cotchery. That is their job and the function of the offense. It also does not guarantee them stardom with a gun slinger.

Success is fragile and you can't just cast it in any situation. That is too easy a game.

The point being that a SHORT PASSING GAME can win in this league.

Sure, but not an exclusively short passing game. Brady does wing the ball 30+ yards (for an actual completion, not "to stretch the D") in between his short passes.

What the hell are we talking about here? Chad does not compare to Brady. That's like saying Ryan Leaf was similar to Dan Marino b/c they both had big-time arms. One has found a way to consistently win in the playoffs and the other has not. And that's coming from someone who hates Brady's faggot ass.

Now I'm really confused today.

Just when I thought madmike was the dumbest poster on this board, jetsfanbkny come up with a gem like this.

Great recruiting job Max.;)

put him on the raiders..is he taking them to never mind the superbowl the playoffs...and if you say yes your only lieing to yourself...

Sure, but not an exclusively short passing game. Brady does wing the ball 30+ yards (for an actual completion, not "to stretch the D") in between his short passes.

What the hell are we talking about here? Chad does not compare to Brady. That's like saying Ryan Leaf was similar to Dan Marino b/c they both had big-time arms. One has found a way to consistently win in the playoffs and the other has not. And that's coming from someone who hates Brady's faggot ass.

Are you really saying that the jets are a short passing team right now?

which is why the Shanahan decision truly mystifies this fan-I mean the Broncos are in the hunt and they switch to a ROOKIE????

Shannahan does not play "just to make the playoffs".

He knew that Plummer could not take the Broncos deep into the playoffs.

Thus, the change was made.

i knew this would ruffle your feathers...lol you took the bait like a true troll...:):):)

That is pretty funny actually. He lays them down here all week. When somebody sends one his way he doesn't know what to do with it.

Ah Tx, you can't live with him.

Pass the beer nuts.

Max, I propose a Wonderlinc test upon signing up for this site.

If you are dumber than Vince Young or madmike, you don't get to post.

I think the cutoff should be right above madmike, and even then all it would achieve is to ban his posting privileges. Seriously, who is going to rank lower than madmike?

I finally agree with you about Vince Young. He scored, what, a 6? JFBKNY is maybe a 3, and madmike a 2, assuming you get a point for spelling your name correctly.

Come on Troll, you know you get 2 points for spelling your name correct.

But your above stats are still accurate.;)

Archived