If Chad takes us into...

ECURB

No throw is lucky you still have to make it. You're just a hater who will never give chad credit for anything good he does.

The only things I hate are stupid people. And people who drive slowly in the left lane.

I don't hate Chad, I wish him nothing but the best. I even understand that he's our best chance to win right now. But if the Jets have serious intentions to be a Super Bowl team, we'll need one of two things.

1) A better QB

2) The 2000 Ravens defense.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PFSIKH I made my comments in CAPS above. You were officially reaching on many.

Listen, deny this-If Chad Pennington put up gaudy numbers, and the Jets lost, you would be all over the man about needing to get his team to win. Instead, you spew this disingenuous dribble.

You start to come off as someone who doesn't know the game and is only here for an agenda. You are starting to sound disengenuous to your own agenda. Before it was a bout a team's record. Now you are just picking on individual parts. I will take that as you being scared. Because, that is what it sounds like.

Will Chad Pennington make it to teh SB? I doubt it. But, it is all they have right now. And to list some of teh comments abouit other QB's as you did above, only supposrts my judgement that you are here to just further an agenda. And it is not a football based agenda.

Scott,

How do you want me to grade Chad? Numbers? Potential? Current ability? That list is my opinion and naturally it is subjective. However, I stand by it because I am looking at the whole picture.

Carr - Being in Titans land, I have seen some of his games. I think he could be real good. Has his apex equalled Chad's (2002)? No, but he is 27 and has had virtually no talent around him. I would take him on his potential.

Eli - For alot of the same reasons as Carr. Potential. I saw yesterdays game and he looked good at times. Do you take a 30yo coming off of 2 surgeries or a 25yo that flashes alot of potential? Again, I am taking potential.

Losman - You might notice a re-occuring theme. I will admit this one is a bit of a stretch. If I was getting the 2002 Chad, this is a no-brainer. I am going with the erratic Bledsoe clone because he is younger then a broken down 2006 Chad and could get better.

Favre - Come on. Would the Jets be 7-5 if they had Favre? They probably be closer to a division title then they are now. You cannot say Chad is avoiding picks much better then Brett.

Green - Look at his numbers. The only thing Chad has on him is age. He produces and missed his first game in 5 years this year. he produces and stays healthy.

Vick - Again, this is more potential. Maybe he sucks as a passer and has reached his level of incomptence. Maybe he develops into a better passer, but all things being equal, his career totals look similar to Chad and he has just as many playoff wins.

Leftwich and Garrad - Yes, the P word. The 2002 Chad is not going to walk through that door. He is what he is. AGain, I will take young guys over Chad.

The bottomline as you said earlier, it is a team game. Chad might not have had the talent Brady has, but it is not like he took over an expansion team like Carr. Or a crappy team like the Titans. He is what he is. It should not be surprising he played well the last two games. They sucked. That is his motus operandi. Deny it if you want, but it is true. As far as being scared? No way. Not of Chad. I hope he stays.

Chad in a nut shell:

He will make smart calls at the line to put his team in the best position (usually) against a certain defense.

He needs to be remarkably accurate and his window is smaller than most qb's.

He makes his best plays in teh pocket when he does not need to be on the move and can throw in rhythm with timing.

A smart team will disrupt his timing and will throw his game off.

He usually puts the ball to the receiver in the position where they can best make a play.

He understands a game plan and use that plan in his decision making.

Both pluses and minuses there. He has a small margin for error. But, when he is in rhythm, he looks very good.

The only things I hate are stupid people. And people who drive slowly in the left lane.

I don't hate Chad, I wish him nothing but the best. I even understand that he's our best chance to win right now. But if the Jets have serious intentions to be a Super Bowl team, we'll need one of two things.

1) A better QB

2) The 2000 Ravens defense.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. The steelers won the bowl out of the 6th seed last year and with their QB playing probably the worst super bowl game ever. QB's alot worse then chad have won super bowls and i don't see any rings on peyton mannings fingers. the only reason brady has rings is that he plays for a great coach.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. The steelers won the bowl out of the 6th seed last year and with their QB playing probably the worst super bowl game ever. QB's alot worse then chad have won super bowls and i don't see any rings on peyton mannings fingers. the only reason brady has rings is that he plays for a great coach.

great point i think bens qb rating was 22.3 or something....and i doubt chad will be anywhere near that number...

great post MM

PFSIKH-You made a list of qbs with "potential", some unfullfilled and Brett Favre.

Do I believe the Jets would be 7-5 with Favre? I doubt it.

Have you really watched his game? He just looks for single coverage deep and wings a prayer. There is NO QBing to what he is doing. He is a chucker.

You are WAY off on Brett Favre. He seemed to stop careing 2 years ago

Scott,

How do you want me to grade Chad? Numbers? Potential? Current ability? That list is my opinion and naturally it is subjective. However, I stand by it because I am looking at the whole picture.

Carr - Being in Titans land, I have seen some of his games. I think he could be real good. Has his apex equalled Chad's (2002)? No, but he is 27 and has had virtually no talent around him. I would take him on his potential.

A top 5 WR in football, another SOLID WR and a very good young TE is no talent?

Eli - For alot of the same reasons as Carr. Potential. I saw yesterdays game and he looked good at times. Do you take a 30yo coming off of 2 surgeries or a 25yo that flashes alot of potential? Again, I am taking potential.

Losman - You might notice a re-occuring theme. I will admit this one is a bit of a stretch. If I was getting the 2002 Chad, this is a no-brainer. I am going with the erratic Bledsoe clone because he is younger then a broken down 2006 Chad and could get better.

This is patsy homerism at it's worst.

Favre - Come on. Would the Jets be 7-5 if they had Favre? They probably be closer to a division title then they are now. You cannot say Chad is avoiding picks much better then Brett.

Green - Look at his numbers. The only thing Chad has on him is age. He produces and missed his first game in 5 years this year. he produces and stays healthy.

both are fossils.

The bottomline as you said earlier, it is a team game. Chad might not have had the talent Brady has, but it is not like he took over an expansion team like Carr. Or a crappy team like the Titans. He is what he is. It should not be surprising he played well the last two games. They sucked. That is his motus operandi. Deny it if you want, but it is true. As far as being scared? No way. Not of Chad. I hope he stays.

Thanks for the props, but I humbly submit the '06 Jets should suck. A 4-10 team that lost a HOF rb, pro-bowl center, DE and CB. Rookie head coach, kiddie OC, new defensive scheme, rookies at C and LT, no true starting RB, etc, etc. Main advantages this year over last are a real coach and Chad being back.

So the 7 TDs he threw to get the Steelers to the Superbowl mean nothing?

Again, if you want to say Chad could win with a Ravens or even Buccaners D. Sure. However, the Jets do not have that good a D.

Maybe that is hole in your argument, Brady does have a great coach. However, there were several games when he needed to step up and he did. That is where Chad will fail because in 7 years he has never shown that ability.

The haters act like Pennington is surrounded by all-stars and that he's the only reason we're not undefeated.

Of course, most of them are the same idiots who KNEW there was no way he could win the starting job or even play in the NFL after his shoulder surgery.

They know nothing. Their opinions are to be disregarded.

The haters act like Pennington is surrounded by all-stars and that he's the only reason we're not undefeated.

Of course, most of them are the same idiots who KNEW there was no way he could win the starting job or even play in the NFL after his shoulder surgery.

and dont forget we where supposed to get the first overall pick in the draft next year...

Again, if you want to say Chad could win with a Ravens or even Buccaners D. Sure. However, the Jets do not have that good a D.

Maybe that is hole in your argument, Brady does have a great coach. However, there were several games when he needed to step up and he did. That is where Chad will fail because in 7 years he has never shown that ability.

Yes, in seven years Pennington never stepped up and won a game. Please bore me with some invented statistics. Give me a break. Just cause he's not Brady doesn't mean he never stepped up.

Ok...so they past 6-7 years we heard Jets fan say they have a better RB, WR and OL. You actually meant to say, "our team sucks" and thus your opinion is wrong and can be disregarded.

You guys need to wake up very quickly because you must have been sleeping the last few weeks where Jets opponents are averaging 10 ppg.

Ok...so they past 6-7 years we heard Jets fan say they have a better RB, WR and OL. You actually meant to say, "our team sucks" and thus your opinion is wrong and can be disregarded.

PFSIKH-What were your expectations of the Jets as a TEAM this year?

How did they do without Chad last year.

As was stated here, teh main differences are a new staff and Chad back. Along with much more inexperience around him.

While this does not make Chad "great", it certainly does not make him "suck" as you are telling us.

Yes, in seven years Pennington never stepped up and won a game. Please bore me with some invented statistics. Give me a break. Just cause he's not Brady doesn't mean he never stepped up.

27 -

Please enlighten us.

Seriously, his shining moments where he leads are few and far between. These moments against top teams even rarer.

Fast Forward to this year, you are looking at Baltimore, San Diego and then Indy/New England/Cinncinati to make it to the Superbowl. Where in his career has he been able to beat three teams that good in a season much less succession.

While this does not make Chad "great", it certainly does not make him "suck" as you are telling us.

I think we're arguing about our perception of Chads level.

Great

Above Average

Average

Below Average

Sucks

If he wasn't such a smart player, his arm and limitations would have him below average. I think he's an average QB.

I think we're arguing about our perception of Chads level.

Great

Above Average

Average

Below Average

Sucks

If he wasn't such a smart player, his arm and limitations would have him below average. I think he's an average QB.

I'd have to say any QB with the 2nd highest completion % total in LEAGUE HISTORY is above average-I mean come on-like him or not

I'd have to say any QB with the 2nd highest completion % total in LEAGUE HISTORY is above average-I mean come on-like him or not

It might have something to do with his throwing 75% of his passes under 10 yards.

listen nobodys a bigger fan then i`am but your baseing his completion % on 49 starts which is the equivlent of a 3 year and 1 game starter is a little misleading. Chad is, what chad is , a good to average QB.

listen nobodys a bigger fan then i`am but your baseing his completion % on 49 starts which is the equivlent of a 3 year and 1 game starter is a little misleading. Chad is, what chad is , a good to average QB.

I'm not basing it on anything The LEAGUE is basing it on QB's with at least 1500 pass attempts-which is what it takes to qualify for all time stats records

I'm not basing it on anything The LEAGUE is basing it on QB's with at least 1500 pass attempts-which is what it takes to qualify for all time stats records

WOW, based on those stats we have a better QB then the colts manning -4740 attempts comp.% 64.0. I STAND CORRECTED;) ( DON`T BELIEVE ALL THE STATS CRAP THEIR VERY MISLEADING)

WOW, based on those stats we have a better QB then the colts manning -4740 attempts comp.% 64.0. I STAND CORRECTED;) ( DON`T BELIEVE ALL THE STATS CRAP THEIR VERY MISLEADING)

well all I can say is if a guy who is rated where he is rated after qualifying then he's an ABOVE average QB at the very least-you want average I can give you 45 names off the top of my head and half of them are starting on NFL teams next Sunday

Isn't that how Tom Brady initially made his mark? Did you have a problem with that then?

Not at all. That was Brady's first season as a starter and BB and CW had him on a real short leash.

How does that situation compare to a 30-year old PennyBoy who is in his 6th season?

Not at all. That was Brady's first season as a starter and BB and CW had him on a real short leash.

How does that situation compare to a 30-year old PennyBoy who is in his 6th season?

put brady on any other team without billy and he"s garbage...he"s a product of the system...

put brady on the on any other team without billy and he"s garbage...he"s a product of the system...

Now I'm really confused today.

Just when I thought madmike was the dumbest poster on this board, jetsfanbkny come up with a gem like this.

Great recruiting job Max.;)

Archived