What is our biggest weakness?

Johnnybones

Our QB. He rarely does anything against good defenses. Usually he completely dissappears. I think he has shown up once all season against a good team, and it wasn't even a good game, he just showed up. He was a liability two times other times (Jags and Bears) and he couldn't do a thing until garbage time and on two fluke plays on the other game (Patriots). If we can get 200 yards 2 TDs out of him against good defenses in the playoffs, we have a very good chance of winning everything this year, provided the defensive surgance we've seen recently is not a mirage.

Our QB. He rarely does anything against good defenses. Usually he completely dissappears. I think he has shown up once all season against a good team, and it wasn't even a good game, he just showed up. He was a liability two times other times (Jags and Bears) and he couldn't do a thing until garbage time and on two fluke plays on the other game (Patriots). If we can get 200 yards 2 TDs out of him against good defenses in the playoffs, we have a very good chance of winning everything this year, provided the defensive surgance we've seen recently is not a mirage.

You are too much. Earlier in the year when our D was giving up 15 yards at a time to CRAP RB's that was Chad's fault too right? You'll NEVER give Chad credit for the fact that he calls the plays himself, is an EXTREAMLY capable game manager and played more then well enough to win 10 of the 12 games this season but you'll blaim him for everything because you have an irrational hatred of the guy. I think you Chad haters are actively rooting for the team to lose and him to play bad just to bolster your case to get him out of here. This season must really be pissing you off...

You are too much. Earlier in the year when our D was giving up 15 yards at a time to CRAP RB's that was Chad's fault too right? You'll NEVER give Chad credit for the fact that he calls the plays himself, is an EXTREAMLY capable game manager and played more then well enough to win 10 of the 12 games this season but you'll blaim him for everything because you have an irrational hatred of the guy. I think you Chad haters are actively rooting for the team to lose and him to play bad just to bolster your case to get him out of here. This season must really be pissing you off...

As John Madden said: Nobody ever won a Super Bowl with a game manager. He might be exaggerating, but the idea behind the statement is true, you should not be satisfied nor want a game manager. It doesn't matter if Chad calls the plays or a martian calls them, the important thing is the results.

Look, just because you aren't a real Jets fan and are a total loser doesn't mean the rest of us share your thoughts. I actually like striving to be the best at anything I do in life. I'm not the type of guy that is happy qualifying for a 12 man tournament. When I do something, unless I seriously have a shot at winning it all, I am not happy with my performance. Likewise, the team I root for shouldn't be happy with mediocrity. Who cares if you can beat up a bunch of teams that aren't talented and probably don't even care? You want to have a realistic shot at getting to the top. If you're not even going to try you shouldn't even bother showing up, go find something else to do that isn't competitive, go play hop skotch or something. This is football, the athletes and coaches are paid millions of dollars to perform on the field, and to win it all. Expecting my QB to average more than a 60 QB Rating against good teams is not asking too much. At the $64M price tag, he should play like a top QB.

As John Madden said: Nobody ever won a Super Bowl with a game manager. He might be exaggerating, but the idea behind the statement is true, you should not be satisfied nor want a game manager. It doesn't matter if Chad calls the plays or a martian calls them, the important thing is the results.

Look, just because you aren't a real Jets fan and are a total loser doesn't mean the rest of us share your thoughts. I actually like striving to be the best at anything I do in life. I'm not the type of guy that is happy qualifying for a 12 man tournament. When I do something, unless I seriously have a shot at winning it all, I am not happy with my performance. Likewise, the team I root for shouldn't be happy with mediocrity. Who cares if you can beat up a bunch of teams that aren't talented and probably don't even care? You want to have a realistic shot at getting to the top. If you're not even going to try you shouldn't even bother showing up, go find something else to do that isn't competitive, go play hop skotch or something. This is football, the athletes and coaches are paid millions of dollars to perform on the field, and to win it all. Expecting my QB to average more than a 60 QB Rating against good teams is not asking too much. At the $64M price tag, he should play like a top QB.

**** you you California bandwaggoner. How dare you say i'm not a real jet fan because i disagree with you about pennington. At least i root for this team to win instead of not giving our QB any credit and rooting for him to fail.

This season must really be pissing you off...

I think there are a lot of Jet fans who are upset by the way the team is playing this season. They want nothing but Chad turnovers leading to blowouts so they can say "told you so"

**** you you California bandwaggoner. How dare you say i'm not a real jet fan because i disagree with you about pennington. At least i root for this team to win instead of not giving our QB any credit and rooting for him to fail.

You are not a real fan. You are just an idiot. You want the Jets to go 10-6 every other year and just barely make the playoffs, and then lose to good teams, because the playoffs don't have ****ty defenses. Listen, since you like mediocre football so much, there's a team in Kansas City you can root for. A REAL fan wants his team to win a Super Bowl.

serph normally you and I see eye to eye, but I have to call you on the game managing QB. The Ravens did win a SB with Dilfer at QB. He clearly was just managing a game and not making mistakes. Another team that won a SB with a game managing QB was the Steelers. Rothlisberger had barely over 100 yards. Although he did play better during the season. I am not fond of Chads ability either. However, if your d is good enough and you have a good running game you can get by with a game managing QB. That being said I think QB is definately one of the areas we need to improve upon. We need another NT, LB, DB, and OG those are the areas I would focus on. Not to mention we might like to find a kicker who can get a kickoff past the 30 yard line.

I agree with some of your points, however the NFL today is a mediocre league. The SB last year was a sloppy ****ty game played by two mediocre teams that were at best badly coached and both had fairly pedestrian QB running the team.

As an old timer I hate Chad ball and yearn for a gun slinger who can not only threaten teams with his arm but is the most dangerous player on the field. Reality is the league stinks, the QB in the league stink and this schedule with our O is a wet dream for Chad Pennington. There are a ton of more talented QB's in the NFL who lose games for their teams on a regular basis. While Chad is very limited and is not going to be able to bring the team back when down or in a tough spot against better D's, he isn't going to blow games on a regular basis. The fall off in QB play after Manning, Palmer and Brady is like taking a dive off a cliff. Chad may not be great or even that good but a majority of the QB's in the NFL outright blow and Chad doesn't.

The biggest issues have of course been on defense, and early on the DL and LBs showed a lot of difficulty adjusting to the 3-4. But right now, the most glaring weakness is at CB. Each week, the CB playing on the side away from Dyson has had a big target on his back. Drew Coleman, Miller, Barrett and yesterday Poteat, have all been picked on.

You are not a real fan. You are just an idiot. You want the Jets to go 10-6 every other year and just barely make the playoffs, and then lose to good teams, because the playoffs don't have ****ty defenses. Listen, since you like mediocre football so much, there's a team in Kansas City you can root for. A REAL fan wants his team to win a Super Bowl.
Yeah and it's SUCH a guarantee that if the jets abandon trying to build this defense and take a gamble on another QB they they will win a SB rather then set themselves back another 2+ years. How did that work out for the giants? I hope you reliez that you are the exact same thing as one of the patsy trolls on this site. All you do is try to spin away any success that this team has to make yourself feel better about hating Chad and wanting him to fail. Why don't you go root for the chargers. I'm sure thats what you want to do anyway. We feel about you the way the real patsy fans feel about TX and Alk.

Yeah and it's SUCH a guarantee that if the jets abandon trying to build this defense and take a gamble on another QB they they will win a SB rather then set themselves back another 2+ years. How did that work out for the giants? I hope you reliez that you are the exact same thing as one of the patsy trolls on this site. All you do is try to spin away any success that this team has to make yourself feel better about hating Chad and wanting him to fail. Why don't you go root for the chargers. I'm sure thats what you want to do anyway. We feel about you the way the real patsy fans feel about TX and Alk.

I thought you said Schiano wasn't interested in the Miami job?

Jets Opponets and their defensive rankings;

Chicago-#2 LOSS

Oakland-#3 TBD

Jacksonville-#4 LOSS

Minnesota-#5 TBD

Miami- #6 WIN...TBD

New England-#9 LOSS...WIN

Indy-#17 LOSS

Buffalo-#20 WIN...TBD

Cleveland-#21 LOSS

Houston-#25 WIN

Detroit-#26 WIN

GB-#29 WIN

Tennessee-#32 WIN

Pennington is 2-3 vs Top 10 defenses. With 3 games left against top 10 defenses.

If you really want to build the Ravens defense, you probably can't pay the QB $64M. Probably shouldn't invest another what is it, $10M a year on the WRs. Even then, you're not going to build the Ravens defense. Vilma is not Ray Lewis, neither of our CBs are Mcallister and Starks, and our entire D-Line is pathetic compared to the Ravens. We have one piece, Rhodes, and that's it. Everything else is so clearly inferior it is sad. Vilma could be okay if everything around him was great, but we probably wouldn't be able to get a Ravens caliber D. Instead of looking to replace 9 players with Pro Bowlers, why not replace the QB with someone better?

There were alot of teams picked to go to the Superbowl this year, Miami was only one of them. Let it go already.

Oh.. trust me. It, like your season, hopes and dreams... is gone.

BTW: What ever happened to the way you used to sign all your posts... something like "LETSGOPHINZSSSS!!!!" or other such nonsense?

BZ

There were alot of teams picked to go to the Superbowl this year, Miami was only one of them. Let it go already.

You brought it up. You are like the moles in a Whack-a-Mole game. everytime you come out and post something stupid, we get to smash you back down into your hole.

Archived