Chad Answers All Doubters

SoFlaJets

Belicheck stole Parcells staff that is why he won post Parcells.

but he didn't win until Brady was qb. Pre-Brady '91-'95 Browns: 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11; '00 Pats 5-11, 0-2; Post Brady: 14-3 SB win; 9-7; 17-2 SB win; 17-2 SB win; 11-7;

9-3.

Playoffs pre-Brady 1-1 in 6 seasons; post-Brady 10-1 in 6 seasons with 3 super bowl wins.

Which came first-the chicken or the egg? I don't care who was on his staff, Belicheck didn't do much without Brady.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherry is a good poster but got sick and tired of every discussion being trolled upon with stupid one liners from our Texas native.

Jet fans have always voted Brady the best in the game but in the same breath Pennington is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be here.

I have never said a bad thing about Penny. rsherry must have had a bad day because I'm not the guy picking on Penny.

I have a thick skin. But to picked on by a bloke for posting stats that countered his stats is retarded.

I may be a Pats fans but I'm no "troll"

Bradway and Herm failed to protect Chad when he was coming back from a major shoulder surgery. Last years team sucked because the OL was neglected and fell to ruin, which is why Chad and Curtis went down and why both Herm and Bradway are gone.

I agreee with a second string QB we would be a 4 & 12 team but that argument is really pretty lame since most NFL teams would be 4 & 12 with a back up. The question is how good would the Jets be with a real franchise QB?

so if we had billy,wise,and crenel in 2002 or 2004 we would have never made the superbowl...

but he didn't win until Brady was qb. Pre-Brady '91-'95 Browns: 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11; '00 Pats 5-11, 0-2; Post Brady: 14-3 SB win; 9-7; 17-2 SB win; 17-2 SB win; 11-7;

9-3.

Playoffs pre-Brady 1-1 in 6 seasons; post-Brady 10-1 in 6 seasons with 3 super bowl wins.

Which came first-the chicken or the egg? I don't care who was on his staff, Belicheck didn't do much without Brady.

That staff was going to find someone who could manage the game. Just as Parcells has finally found Romo. Just as with the Jets Parcells and Co. went through O'Donnell and Foley before finding Vinny T and so on and so on.

27 - His Browns tenure was not as bad as it is made out to be. He took over an old 3-13 team. They won 6 or 7 games his first year and the defense got better. It was not until he made the switch from Kosar to VT that the offense got a little better. He made alot of mistakes in every aspect of coaching. However, his coaching ability was also apparent.

Bull. That's spin. He was always a talented coach, but he always seemed among the worst dealing with the press and the players. He had enough bad years with the Browns. I don't care about the move or anything else-they sucked. The Pats sucked too. They were 8-8 under Pete Carroll and he went 5-11 and was on his way to another crappy season.

That staff was going to find someone who could manage the game. Just as Parcells has finally found Romo. Just as with the Jets Parcells and Co. went through O'Donnell and Foley before finding Vinny T and so on and so on.

Riddle me this:

Why has Parcells done jack all since he left the Pats and went to the Jets & Dallas?

Maybe BB has something to do with that? Who's gameplan is in the HOF from the Giants/Bills SB? I'll give you a hint. It aint Parcells.

Riddle me this:

Why has Parcells done jack all since he left the Pats and went to the Jets & Dallas?

Maybe BB has something to do with that? Who's gameplan is in the HOF from the Giants/Bills SB? I'll give you a hint. It aint Parcells.

Parcells is about to do something this year, imho - but we will see.

For the first time in his career he went to a team with an entirely new coaching staff. You can't coach the players if you spend all your time coaching the coaches. That staff that won it all in new england was ALL Parcells. We will see how Belicheck does at building a staff.

Vinny T was a game manager? Come to your senses. The guy is a turnover factory. Vinny managed the game for them because as good coaches they made him. Romo doesn't seem like much of a game manager either. Talent does not equal managing the game. In fact of all the guys on your list O'Donnell was the best game manager. I'm going to bed now, everyone continue arguing.

Vinny T was a game manager? Come to your senses. The guy is a turnover factory. Vinny managed the game for them because as good coaches they made him. Romo doesn't seem like much of a game manager either. Talent does not equal managing the game. In fact of all the guys on your list O'Donnell was the best game manager. I'm going to bed now, everyone continue arguing.

In 1998 that is exactly what Vinny did (manage the game).

Minimize it all you want but there are lots of QB's not able to manage a game even with good coaching. But that doesn't make you great.

Parcells is about to do something this year, imho - but we will see.

For the first time in his career he went to a team with an entirely new coaching staff. You can't coach the players if you spend all your time coaching the coaches. That staff that won it all in new england was ALL Parcells. We will see how Belicheck does at building a staff.

I'm thinking BB has been ok the last season in half after losing his coordinaters.

10-6 last year and a 2nd round playoff loss.

9-3 this year so far.

BTW: The Pats didn't win it all in '96. Parcells was on the phone with the Jets during Super Bowl week and didn't fly home with the team after the game.

Can you admit that Belichick is a better coach than Parcells? You have already stated that Tom Brady is worse than Penny.

With that in mind, how did the Pats manage to win 3 Super Bowls since BB took over? As far as I know BB, Crennel, Weiss, etc don't put on the pads and play?

Is it the players or the coaches?

Bull. That's spin. He was always a talented coach, but he always seemed among the worst dealing with the press and the players. He had enough bad years with the Browns. I don't care about the move or anything else-they sucked. The Pats sucked too. They were 8-8 under Pete Carroll and he went 5-11 and was on his way to another crappy season.

27 - Why are you in here? Ain't there some Italian club open?

It is a little deeper then you make it out to be.

He did make alot of mistakes as you said. Plus, he blew some draft picks. He also took over a terrible Browns team that was old. His team got better instantly doubling their wins to 6 in his first season. By his 4th year, he won 11 games and beat Par$ells in the playoffs. His last season was nuked by Modell after he announced the move during the season. Remember, he did not have a salary cap and free agency, so unlike today, there were no quick fixes.

The fall from 8-8 to 5-11 was because the team was in cap hell. He gutted the team and was only able to sign crappy free agents.

As you said, it has always been evident he can coach. However, knocking him for lucking into Brady is foolish. Would Walsh be a genius if a 3rd round QB from Notre Dame did not turn into the greatest QB of alltime? No. I am not saying he excelled at Cleveland, but it was not exactly all lost time either.

27 - Why are you in here? Ain't there some Italian club open?

you got something against italians or did you get thrown out of an italian club and couldnt do nothing about it and your mad...why would you say something about italians? did that have anything to do with what was posted...

you got something against italians or did you get thrown out of an italian club and couldnt do nothing about it and your mad...why would you say something about italians? did that have anything to do with what was posted...

So, when does your class start it's Christmas vacation?

I'm thinking BB has been ok the last season in half after losing his coordinaters.

10-6 last year and a 2nd round playoff loss.

9-3 this year so far.

BTW: The Pats didn't win it all in '96. Parcells was on the phone with the Jets during Super Bowl week and didn't fly home with the team after the game.

Can you admit that Belichick is a better coach than Parcells? You have already stated that Tom Brady is worse than Penny.

With that in mind, how did the Pats manage to win 3 Super Bowls since BB took over? As far as I know BB, Crennel, Weiss, etc don't put on the pads and play?

Is it the players or the coaches?

Belicheck is the best defensive coordinator I have ever seen - bar none. He is also a very good HC. I will not say he is better than Parcells at this point. If BB was to win one without Parcells coaching staff I reserve the right to change that opinion.

so if we had billy,wise,and crenel in 2002 or 2004 we would have never made the superbowl...

Probably not. We had a better staff than that in 98 and Vinny played out of his mind and we didn't win a SB and those guys were on their way to being fired in NE until Bledsoe went down.

Belicheck is the best defensive coordinator I have ever seen - bar none. He is also a very good HC. I will not say he is better than Parcells at this point. If BB was to win one without Parcells coaching staff I reserve the right to change that opinion.

Nice way to twist my words.

Was Romeo the DC or Weiss the OC when Parcells won the Super Bowl?

What were their respective postions back then?

Nice way to twist my words.

Was Romeo the DC or Weiss the OC when Parcells won the Super Bowl?

What were their respective postions back then?

I think Dan Henning was with him on the Giants? Henning was Vinny's QB coach in 98 when he took us to the finals against Denver.

I think Dan Henning was with him on the Giants? Henning was Vinny's QB coach in 98 when he took us to the finals against Denver.

Excellent stuff mate.

As you know I am just trying to shoot holes in rsherrys argument about how BB is nothing without Parcells staff.

And you know what? It's like shooting fish in a barrel (No pun intended)!

Earhardt was the OC with the Giants and the Jets..it was Earhardt's Pittsburgh offense that morphed into the present day Patriot offense..

i wans"t talking about 98 i said 2002 and 2004...

Again we wouldn't have won in 02 or 04 with Parcells staff. My point was we had a better team, a better QB and a better staff in 98 and didn't win, what makes you think the 02 or 04 teams would have? The one year Chad might have had a shot to win a SB with a great staff might have been 01 if he would have been ready?

Again we wouldn't have won in 02 or 04 with Parcells staff. My point was we had a better team, a better QB and a better staff in 98 and didn't win, what makes you think the 02 or 04 teams would have? The one year Chad might have had a shot to win a SB with a great staff might have been 91 if he would have been ready?

in 2002 and 2004 we had herm he was the worst..you think belly wouldnt have thrown a pass in pittsburgh when we where on the 30 yard line...herm tried that stupid shotty ball shyt.run run run

in 2002 and 2004 we had herm he was the worst..you think belly wouldnt have thrown a pass in pittsburgh when we where on the 30 yard line...herm tried that stupid shotty ball shyt.run run run

That Pittsburgh team got burried the following week. The only reason we were remotely in that game was Ben self destructed and Bill Cowher is as dumb as Herm.

That stat should tell you how much this team has relied on Chad to win. Without Chad we go 4-12 - but I guarentee you if Chad played last year Herm would still be coaching here. Chad is a very good QB who has never had much to work with around him. he finally is getting the tools. And most of those tools are young and still learning.

So what you're saying RS is:

The 58% of the time Chad show's up and does his job is a good thing and we should be pleased with that. I can't be pleased with that. That roughs out to a 9-7 record and in the last decade 2 teams have made the play-offs with that record - and we all know who one of them was. I love the guy as everything but a Jets quarterback. Sunday's first half would have been much less successful for him if either one of those balloon's he threw were picked by the Packers and his 2nd half performance speaks for itself. The Packers threw the blitz on like there was no tomorrow and Chad looked like crap. I don't think he's taking us to any Superbowls and I as much as I would love that to happen for him and all of us - I don't see it.

But it's just my opinion.

Could you explain that to me, please?

LOL!!

Whats up Walt!!!I was rambling on a bit..but..what I was saying was..Earhardt was Parcells OC with the Giants in the mid to late 80's..he was OC with the Steelers..until he was lured away by the legendary cerebral techniques of Rich Kotite..he was CO-OC in 97 with Charlie Weis.

With that said..he came to the Jets and tutored chubby Charlie his first year on his offense..thats what I meant...I dont know if it had anything to do with thye quote though..I had a few at the time..

BTW..welcome to the site Walt!!!I love that name..and hold on to your hat!!;):)

You are absolutely correct.

It is totally absurd to mention PennyBoyWonder in the same sentence as Tom Brady.

One is a complete joke, and the other is a real NFL QB.

tx you keep saying that ecurb is comparing brady to chad he"s not but when he asked you to pick a QB based on that sheet you didnt how come..

Archived