That pump and go

Thor99

No Max, I'm not talking about your sex life.

Losman sucks, as bad as Chad, but he can throw the ball 40 yards down the field. Chad can't make that throw, and his limits are a liability to this offense.

Clemens in '07

Rhodes made a horrible play on that. The CB can try and jump the route on a pump and go when he knows he has over the top support from the S. The S (Rhodes in this case) has absolutely no business doing that. His job is to defend deep no matter what. Rhodes tried to be a hero and ended up getting burned horribly. He should know better than that.

Rhodes made a horrible play on that. The CB can try and jump the route on a pump and go when he knows he has over the top support from the S. The S (Rhodes in this case) has absolutely no business doing that. His job is to defend deep no matter what. Rhodes tried to be a hero and ended up getting burned horribly. He should know better than that.

I absolutely agree with you, it was a horrible defensive play.

My point is that Chad, given the same situation, can't make that throw.

chad could hit a WR if he was that wide open. any NFL QB makes that throw.

REALLY!!! How funny you say that. Last week against GB in the 2nd half, McCariens had 3 steps on the defender and was wide open. To hit him in stride the ball needed to trave about 48-50 yds in the air. Almsot exactly like Losman's. Chad heaved a 40 yarder striaght up in the air. McCariens actually had to stop and go back to the ball before the defender actually intercepted it. Nice try Mike.

Did you freaking hear Rhodes on the postgame show on SNY?

The reporter asked him about the play, about how and why he jumped the route and Rhodes said to the effect "Well I didnt jump the route on that one actually". wow. Rhodes is a helluva player, but putting all the blame on Barrett for that one was alittle low I gotta admit.

Come on, he really doesnt. Hes have a real nice season, and improves every week. If you've watched him all season, which I doubt you have, being a Jets fan, and that makes sense, hes been really coming to form. Hes really doesnt suck.

Yes he does. Even the Texans defensive players think so, and they're pretty bad themselves. It's an embarassment in the NFL to lose to Losman.

Come on, he really doesnt. Hes have a real nice season, and improves every week. If you've watched him all season, which I doubt you have, being a Jets fan, and that makes sense, hes been really coming to form. Hes really doesnt suck.

I think you and I are the only people that realize that.

JP Losman has been more than serviceable this season. Better than I ever thought he'd be, that is for damn sure.

No Max, I'm not talking about your sex life.

Losman sucks, as bad as Chad, but he can throw the ball 40 yards down the field. Chad can't make that throw, and his limits are a liability to this offense.

Clemens in '07

:yahoo: He is obviously better than Pennington and proved that yesterday.

Did you freaking hear Rhodes on the postgame show on SNY?

The reporter asked him about the play, about how and why he jumped the route and Rhodes said to the effect "Well I didnt jump the route on that one actually". wow. Rhodes is a helluva player, but putting all the blame on Barrett for that one was alittle low I gotta admit.

DBs have to have short memories. Apparently, he had already forgotten what happened.

:P

Wow, that was insightful!

Anyway, neither guy was lights out yesterday. JP will never have major success in this league; he doesn't have it in the head. Chad will continue to disappoint as well, I am starting to believe.

He threw a 40 yard dart, in stride, to Coles?

Guess I haven't watched every game this year.

Are you saying Losman's throw was a dart? my recollection is that he hung it up there and gave his guy plenty of time to get under it and haul it in.

Wow, that was insightful!

Anyway, neither guy was lights out yesterday. JP will never have major success in this league; he doesn't have it in the head. Chad will continue to disappoint as well, I am starting to believe.

I'll forward this to Marv Levy now so he knows to draft a QB next season! Thanks for the wisdom! lol

Pennington makes the same throw that was picked to start the 2nd half against GB in that situation and it's a TD. Don't underestimate the value of dbs screwing up.

That D-back for the Packer did screw up. He was 3 steps behind the receiver. Unfortunately, when opposing defenses do screw up, Penny can't make that defense pay.

I'll forward this to Marv Levy now so he knows to draft a QB next season! Thanks for the wisdom! lol

Hey, no problem! Tell Old Marv I said Howdy! And I do mean old...Never said you should draft one, and if you, as a Bills fan, are complacent with JP; knock your socks off, brother! He has done great things thus far. I realize he has not had much time to establish a name for himself, but the NFL does not allow for much time for introductions. Dude, if you think JP will ever bring a SB Ring to Buffalo, then you have no need to discuss wisdom. He was doubted when he was drafted, was doubted when he got the starting nod, and he is still wildly doubted today. Serious question, as this is what the Jets are dealing with right now; how long of a leash do you give him? When is enough time to decide JP is not the future? You'll tell Marv....oooooh....when you forward it, cc Jim Kelly, maybe he can provide some thoughtful discussion.

Hey, no problem! Tell Old Marv I said Howdy! And I do mean old...Never said you should draft one, and if you, as a Bills fan, are complacent with JP; knock your socks off, brother! He has done great things thus far. I realize he has not had much time to establish a name for himself, but the NFL does not allow for much time for introductions. Dude, if you think JP will ever bring a SB Ring to Buffalo, then you have no need to discuss wisdom. He was doubted when he was drafted, was doubted when he got the starting nod, and he is still wildly doubted today. Serious question, as this is what the Jets are dealing with right now; how long of a leash do you give him? When is enough time to decide JP is not the future? You'll tell Marv....oooooh....when you forward it, cc Jim Kelly, maybe he can provide some thoughtful discussion.

All joking and talking trash asside for a minute. I feel JP has been doing a very good job as of late, his biggest weakness right now is knowing when to throw the ball away. He tries to make something happen when nothing's there which results in either a big sack/fumble or a pick but I think that's something that can be corrected. I think they have to stick with JP for at least next season and if he does not continue to improve like he has been, then that's the end of the leash.

Good one. Its funny because, at this age, hes still smarter and richer than you'll ever be.

Smarter may be something worth striving for, but are riches, honestly, the unit of measurement preferred in estimating self-worth? I don't really find it necessary to emulate celebraties, especially Marv Levy. To be completely honest, I would hope, when all is said and done, that I may have accomplished a little more than what his resume has to offer.

LIBILLS:

Fair enough on the Loseman leash. I do not watch every one of his snaps, but from what I have seen, I would not need another year of evaluation. That is easy to say, of course, from my standpoint, as I do not have any interest invested in the Bills organization.

Archived