Dolphins Jets prediction

crashingjet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my point is that you throw that score up no matter WHAT team the jets play. It's funny, really. Keep posting. You give us a reason to all laugh.

And what is the difference of Jets fans predicting the Jets will win every week?

Hell 95% of all Jets fans said they would beat the Bills.

95% said they would beat the Bears.

95% said they would beat the Colts.

Now that's some funny $hit.

And what is the difference of Jets fans predicting the Jets will win every week?

Hell 95% of all Jets fans said they would beat the Bills.

95% said they would beat the Bears.

95% said they would beat the Colts.

Now that's some funny $hit.

That's not funny ****... look at those games. I know that our record is our record and I know you can't really say "shoulda coulda woulda", BUT, we SHOULD have won the Bills game. Chad didn't show up. You and I have spoken about that. A good Chad is a winning Chad... but during those weeks when he doesn't show up for the game the jets lose. Call it what you want. We SHOULD have beaten the Bills... and Cleveland UGH that game burns me up. The Bear and Colts games we almost DID win so you can't say it was such a stretch to actually predict a win. Are those Jets fans ridiculous for spredicting blowouts every week? Sure. But you can't say that to predict them winning is out of line. Again, you have those Pats blinders on. It's ok. I understand. You're confused. You're a fan of a team that you're thousands of miles away from. I get it.

Let's look at you stellar year of preditions:

Jets/Phins game 1: Phins- 24 Jets- 3WRONG

Jets /Vikes Vikings: 35 Jets- 13WRONG

Jets/Pack: Packers- 35 Jets- 13WRONG

Jets/Pats game 2: Patriots 31 Jets 9WRONG

Jets/Lions: Lions- 35 Jets- 13WRONG

Jets/Bills game 1: Bills- 13 Jets- 6WRONG

Jets/Titans: Titans- 27 Jets- 3WRONG

Thank you for pointing out how asinine Tx is, but... you have WAY too much time on your hands. lol

Well done!! =D> =D>

its spelt INSANE lol

He's both asinine AND insane... but in all fareness to him he's SO far away from his true love, Tom Brady. It must be SO tough to only be able to see him on a tv each week. OH AND THE TRAVESTY of the bye week. What DOES he do?!?!?! i think the TX heat has gotten to him.

He's both asinine AND insane... but in all fareness to him he's SO far away from his true love, Tom Brady. It must be SO tough to only be able to see him on a tv each week. OH AND THE TRAVESTY of the bye week. What DOES he do?!?!?! i think the TX heat has gotten to him.

pssst..it's assinine;)

Do you seriously think Max pays me to make accurate predictions each week?

Sheesh, get a friggn' clue.

It doesn't bother me that Tex always picks against the Jets, but he sure picks the other team to score 35 a lot. Does Max really pay you for this crap, because even if you expect us to lose I'd have expected our D to get more credit.

The same defense that is ranked 28th in the NFL and gave up 31 points to Losman and the Bills two short weeks ago?

Right the defense that gives up an average of 20 points per game. Especially considering that the Dolphins are scoring under 16.5 per. The Jets D did not give up 31 points to Losman. They gave up 24, 7 came on an interception return. Anything can happen, and you could be claiming the Dolphins will score some on D, but consistently predicting the Jets will give up 35 points doesn't seem like a good bet.

asinine :P

MR writes:

What's the deal with "asinine"? I'm curious about both the development of the word (from "ass," dropping an "s" with the "-inine" ending) and the usage. "Asinine" seems to have a respectability that "ass" doesn't. It seems that saying "that's an asinine suggestion" is as confrontational but not as vulgar as "that's the kind of suggestion an ass would make."

Your question raises several issues.

We can start with the most direct one, the derivation of asinine. Asinine has two senses: 'unintelligent; stupid; silly', and 'of or like an ass [donkey]'; the word is pronounced like ASS-uh-nine.

This word does not stem directly from ass with a suffix -inine. Rather, it comes from Latin asin

TX, I respect your football knowledge and all, but you've turned into an absolute clown this season.

Saying a Joey Harrington led Dolphin team with Sammie Morris as their starting running back will put up 35 points on the board is absurd.

The Jets are a better football team than the Dolphins on both sides of the ball.

The Dolphins 23

The Jets 0

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. However, I believe you are a little too modest.

Fins win in a blowout of epic proportions. DOlphins make a statement and show that we're the best sub .500 team in the history of the NFL!!! Anyone who disagrees knows NOTHING about football.

Dolphins 49

Jets 3

7 TD's for my guys. No FG's. Won't need any attempts.

And I'm being generous with the 3 points.

Merry Christmas

asinine :P

MR writes:

What's the deal with "asinine"? I'm curious about both the development of the word (from "ass," dropping an "s" with the "-inine" ending) and the usage. "Asinine" seems to have a respectability that "ass" doesn't. It seems that saying "that's an asinine suggestion" is as confrontational but not as vulgar as "that's the kind of suggestion an ass would make."

Your question raises several issues.

We can start with the most direct one, the derivation of asinine. Asinine has two senses: 'unintelligent; stupid; silly', and 'of or like an ass [donkey]'; the word is pronounced like ASS-uh-nine.

This word does not stem directly from ass with a suffix -inine. Rather, it comes from Latin asin

The Jets are a better football team than the Dolphins on both sides of the ball.

The Phins are the #3 ranked defense (#8 against the run, #3 against the pass) in the NFL. Jason Taylor is by far the best defensive player in the NFL this year.

The Jets defense is ranked #24 in the NFL.

With all due respect Matt, how can you possibly say the Jets have a better defense than the Phins? :eek:

The Phins are the #3 ranked defense (#8 against the run, #3 against the pass) in the NFL. Jason Taylor is by far the best defensive player in the NFL this year.

The Jets defense is ranked #24 in the NFL.

With all due respect Matt, how can you possibly say the Jets have a better defense than the Phins? :eek:

How the hell can anyone argue with this guy. This guy knows his football. I'll just defer all technical questions to TX. GO GET 'EM TX!!!!!!!

.....and my bad Smizzy, my bad. At least you'll offer your hankie.

Archived