There's My Vince

The Troll

Apparently, you were the only person that acknowledged that thread from a couple weeks ago, because anytime I am in an argument with someone, they immediately pull the Vince Young card.

12 TDs, 13 INTs on the season, a completion % barely above 50. I was wrong about him being a "huge bust", but a lot of you are just as wrong for annointing him as Christ in cleats.

Apparently, you were the only person that acknowledged that thread from a couple weeks ago, because anytime I am in an argument with someone, they immediately pull the Vince Young card.

12 TDs, 13 INTs on the season, a completion % barely above 50. I was wrong about him being a "huge bust", but a lot of you are just as wrong for annointing him as Christ in cleats.

So why take that out on the rest of us? According to ecurb and madmike I'm a hater and not even a Jets fan, but I just ignore them now. I don't annoint him as Christ in cleats, I just think he deserves the ROTY this year and needs to get better passing wise. He had a bad game against a good defense, it happens.

So why take that out on the rest of us? According to ecurb and madmike I'm a hater and not even a Jets fan, but I just ignore them now. I don't annoint him as Christ in cleats, I just think he deserves the ROTY this year and needs to get better passing wise. He had a bad game against a good defense, it happens.

IMO, Maurice Jones-Drew is the rookie of the year, without question.

The lack of hype he has gotten while tearing up the league is ridiculous. Reggie Bush could take a **** and have people hailing it as the best dump ever, while MJD can score 16 TDs and be virtually ignored.

Being in Nashville, I have seen alot of Vince and he is not as bad as you make him. Granted, I am in 100% in agreement with you about the amount of unjustified praise he gets like revolutionize the position. :rolleyes:

However, like today he is also a victim of crappy receivers. He throws behind and makes other dumb mistakes, like taking a sack after getting to the 2 yard line. However, if I had a choice between his receivers and Brady's. I would take Brady's.

He is going to be a good player in this league. Not Montana by ant stretch but he will be good.

holy christ almighty. The guy is a friggin rookie and led his POS team to six straight wins using his legs, his arm, his head...give credit where it's due. For a guy who has played only a handful of NFL games, the kid has looked mature beyond his years and like it or not has prove many of his critics wrong. So he had a bad game as a rookie against a HC who eats rookies alive. Good god.:roll:

holy christ almighty. The guy is a friggin rookie and led his POS team to six straight wins using his legs, his arm, his head...give credit where it's due. For a guy who has played only a handful of NFL games, the kid has looked mature beyond his years and like it or not has prove many of his critics wrong. So he had a bad game as a rookie against a HC who eats rookies alive. Good god.:roll:

I think Fisher should get some credit to.

His team started 0-5 and had every reason to quit. However, inspired by Vince, the team played hard and never quit. Even today, they put up a great effort even after falling behind.

They are a nasty little team.

so going 8-5 on a piss poor team as a rookie starter doesn't mean squat because the Patriots beat him today

right?

Nope, apparently it's more impressive to play RB on a team that was 12-4 the prior year, and contribute to a non-playoff year.

Sperm had a great post the other day detailing the rookie reason of Vince Young.

Here is a link to it: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=393361&postcount=29

The notion that the team is winning BECAUSE of Vince Young is a joke. Maybe against Houston the second time around. And he played very well against Buffalo and got the job done against the Giants.

People were saying the same things about Michael Vick four years ago that they are saying about Young now. He has to develop into a better passer, or he will never reach the upper echelon of QBs, much less revolutionize the position. Facing a good defense today exposed Young, much like the two Jacksonville games did earlier in the year.

Sperm had a great post the other day detailing the rookie reason of Vince Young.

Here is a link to it: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=393361&postcount=29

The notion that the team is winning BECAUSE of Vince Young is a joke. Maybe against Houston the second time around. And he played very well against Buffalo and got the job done against the Giants.

People were saying the same things about Michael Vick four years ago that they are saying about Young now. He has to develop into a better passer, or he will never reach the upper echelon of QBs, much less revolutionize the position. Facing a good defense today exposed Young, much like the two Jacksonville games did earlier in the year.

Quoted for truth

Possibly.... but didn't you just go through the whole I was wrong about Vince Young thread?

Didn't Young run for a 28 yard TD today?

I remember quite a few plays where the Patsies were caught off guard, but one for example was dropped.

imagine if the Titans had a half decent defense, rather than having the worst in football

if the Titans draft him another weapon at WR and if he Lendale White can average anything more than -8 yards per carry next season I can see the Titans as a playoff team

I liked what I had seen of Young prior to today but today was the first time I had actually watched an entire game. I was very impressed. Sure, the stats didn't look pretty but this guy is going to be incredible. The play that stood out to me wasn't his 28 yd. td run. It was the second pick that he threw. Every Titans player just stood there with their thumbs in their asses. Not Young, he immediately sprinted down field and damn near chokeslammed Samuel.

Possibly.... but didn't you just go through the whole I was wrong about Vince Young thread?

It was all bull****, he just felt too much pressure or something so he had to make it, but as soon as VY had a bad game he immediately hopped onto JN to tell everyone how much VY sucks, and won't be any good. Then he hides behind his passive aggressive victim act, when nobody made him post the thread in the first place. Good old messageboard maneuvering. It's like being at work, except even stupider.

It was all bull****, he just felt too much pressure or something so he had to make it, but as soon as VY had a bad game he immediately hopped onto JN to tell everyone how much VY sucks, and won't be any good. Then he hides behind his passive aggressive victim act, when nobody made him post the thread in the first place. Good old messageboard maneuvering. It's like being at work, except even stupider.

Yes, serphnx, you are so much better than me. Maybe I can PM you and you can post it so everyone can read it? You wanna do that one?

Yes, serphnx, you are so much better than me. Maybe I can PM you and you can post it so everyone can read it? You wanna do that one?

I see you are completely incapable of refuting anything, so you try a random senseless attack. Good work troll! When have I claimed a player sucks, then made a thread to get e-props for changing my stance, and then immediately changed back the first chance I got? That's all you homey, you probably can't find another poster even, much less a post from me like that. Can you focus on an issue aside from railing on VY for once?

I see you are completely incapable of refuting anything, so you try a random senseless attack. Good work troll! When have I claimed a player sucks, then made a thread to get e-props for changing my stance, and then immediately changed back the first chance I got? That's all you homey, you probably can't find another poster even, much less a post from me like that. Can you focus on an issue aside from railing on VY for once?

The post of yours that I quoted wasn't about Vince Young, it was about me. You wanna give me a personal attack? I'm gonna give you one right back. That is the way I work.

Get off your ****ing high horse, you condescending prick.

The post of yours that I quoted wasn't about Vince Young, it was about me. You wanna give me a personal attack? I'm gonna give you one right back. That is the way I work.

Get off your ****ing high horse, you condescending prick.

It was about your take on VY, which apparently you've decided to ignore or are too dumb to understand. Nothing I said was a personal attack, it was merely a rundown of the facts as they happened, the only reason why you took it as a personal attack is because apparently you realize how stupid it makes you look. I'm not interested in message board drama like you are, I'm done responding to you and your antagonistic threads and statements. Thanks for the laughs, but I don't like picking on "special" people.

It was about your take on VY, which apparently you've decided to ignore or are too dumb to understand. Nothing I said was a personal attack, it was merely a rundown of the facts as they happened, the only reason why you took it as a personal attack is because apparently you realize how stupid it makes you look. I'm not interested in message board drama like you are, I'm done responding to you and your antagonistic threads and statements. Thanks for the laughs, but I don't like picking on "special" people.

I don't appreciate being talked down to. That post was talking down to me, and I let you know about it. Your little condescending bull**** act might work with some people, but it doesn't work with me. I see right through it.

You wanna have an actual discussion about something? That's fine with me. You wanna come at me with your holier than thou bull****, you can **** off.

I want to apologize to the mods about the direction this thread has taken. I did not intend for it to turn into a pissing contest.

Archived