Herm Opens Mouth - What Does He Say This Time:

The Gun Of Bavaria

as stupid as he sounds saying it Guns-he's right-the Chiefs did what they had to do to BE one of the 12...did you catch the "and that's the truth PFTTTTTT" part at the end?

There can be no denying there was some luck involved with the Chiefs getting in. I don't know about you, but I never thought (nor did anyone else except 49er fans maybe) the 49ers could go into Denver and win that game Sunday.

funny he experienced the same "luck" with the Jets

Yep, he/we sure did. Two of our three playoff appearances involved getting last week help from other teams after we had blown the chance to win out wehen we controlled our own destiny. Our game 16 loss to the Rams or the absurd confluence of events that led up to us having an unlikely last week shot to get in by beating Green Bay. I think an honest assessment is that we were lucky to get in on both those occasions.

Herm is just spinning. If it aint luck then he gets to claim credit for it.

true, but you should hear his retarded rant ...WOW..what a clown he is..

NFL NETWORK guys were even laughing at him..LOL

as stupid as he sounds saying it Guns-he's right-the Chiefs did what they had to do to BE one of the 12...did you catch the "and that's the truth PFTTTTTT" part at the end?

Did Herm "luck" into the playoffs or did the Broncos and Bengals choke ?

Hate to do it but give the Chiefs some props. They could have packed it in but they didn't. They beat a very up and down Jacksonville team and got the help they needed from the Steelers and the Broncos.

I really think the Chiefs could pull the upset and beat the Colts Saturday.

What they do well (run the football) is what the Colts do the worst. (Defend the run)

LJ could have a monster day. If that happens then chances are Manning and company will not be spending alot of time on the field.

Upset special for this week.

Chiefs over Colts.

I'm not buying the Chiefs beating Indy. Just because they won a home game (in the toughest environment in football) against a team missing its starting QB does not prove that they will be able to run all over the Colts.

Gotta remember several things about this matchup:

1) As bad as Indy's D is, KC's is just as bad

2) The Chiefs can't keep it out of Manning's hands ALL game. He'll torch them.

3) Herm's scheme on O is so predictable that the Colts may be able to contain LJ, especially when they reach the red zone.

4) Tony Dungy is very familiar with his former employee.

5) Herm Edwards is the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Colts will win at home. The only "upset" that will occur this weekend in round 1 of the playoffs will be a Jets victory.

I'm not buying the Chiefs beating Indy. Just because they won a home game (in the toughest environment in football) against a team missing its starting QB does not prove that they will be able to run all over the Colts.

Gotta remember several things about this matchup:

1) As bad as Indy's D is, KC's is just as bad

2) The Chiefs can't keep it out of Manning's hands ALL game. He'll torch them.

3) Herm's scheme on O is so predictable that the Colts may be able to contain LJ, especially when they reach the red zone.

4) Tony Dungy is very familiar with his former employee.

5) Herm Edwards is the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Colts will win at home. The only "upset" that will occur this weekend in round 1 of the playoffs will be a Jets victory.

I hope you are right. :)

I just don't like the way the Colts have been playing and they seem ripe to get picked off early.

I hope you are right. :)

I just don't like the way the Colts have been playing and they seem ripe to get picked off early.

Notice that I did not disagree that the Colts are playing badly. Do NOT misunderstand; the winner of this game is almost assuredly going to lose to whomever they face in the divisional round.

But I still fail to see the reasoning for picking the Chiefs over the Colts.

Notice that I did not disagree that the Colts are playing badly. Do NOT misunderstand; the winner of this game is almost assuredly going to lose to whomever they face in the divisional round.

But I still fail to see the reasoning for picking the Chiefs over the Colts.

Scary thing-a rational coach running the Colts defense puts 8 guys upfront, an OLB on Gonzalez and keys his safeties on Johnson and dare Trent Green to beat him with his wideouts singled. But Dungy's a system Cover 2 guy who doesn't change anything; a mirror of Edwards. And even Edwards(really, Mike Solari; Edwards doesn't do any of that stuff) can even see this all coming. And it's entirely plausible that Manning could score every series and it won't matter. Either way I wouldn't touch this game gambling with someone else's money.

Did Herm "luck" into the playoffs or did the Broncos and Bengals choke ?

Hate to do it but give the Chiefs some props. They could have packed it in but they didn't. They beat a very up and down Jacksonville team and got the help they needed from the Steelers and the Broncos.

I really think the Chiefs could pull the upset and beat the Colts Saturday.

What they do well (run the football) is what the Colts do the worst. (Defend the run)

LJ could have a monster day. If that happens then chances are Manning and company will not be spending alot of time on the field.

Upset special for this week.

Chiefs over Colts.

I hope so. I want the Championship game to be in the Meadowlands!!!

Archived