Brian Schottenheimer may be on Falcons short list! Thoughts?

Peter King said today that B. Schott may be on the Falcons radar for the HC job. His feeling is that the Falcons believe he may be able to work well with Vick...

God I hope this isn't true!

Peter King said today that B. Schott may be on the Falcons radar for the HC job. His feeling is that the Falcons believe he may be able to work well with Vick...

God I hope this isn't true!

Why would he leave a team that is on the rise for a team that is falling apart?

Put it this way, if he is worth it... Mangini and Woody will make sure he stays around

Pennington > Vick

Leon/Houston (whoever we draft) = Dunn / Norwood

Our O-line > falcons O-line

Our WR's > falcons WR's

Please tell me why he would leave us for them.... Woody will pay him more if it is worth keeping him Im sure and he has more talent to work with here.... not to mention a super smart QB that doesnt flick his own fans off...

Don't you think he has aspirations of being a head coach?

Maybe, Maybe not

Maybe he just likes sticking with being an offensive mastermind... maybe he doesnt want to deal with being a head coach and would like to stick around here and win... you dont know what he wants... then again niether do I so thats why I at least point out he would be leaving a good team for one in shambles...

Woody better fork over the cash to keep him around, and Mangini better make him run laps if he doesnt...

Schott knows his stock can only go up. He has a chance to do something special if he toughs it out with this program for a few years. He'll get double whatever Blank offers him now, if he sticks around with the Jets for a few seasons and they continue to win. If he goes there, and struggles, in two years he could be old news, real quick.

The guy has been a coordinator for one friggin season.... Who do the Falcons think he is??? Mangini??? He is only 33 (Mangini was 35 when hired). I dont think he will be offered a HC job, he worked for his father for 5 seasons while Mangini worked with Belichick for 9 years! And Marty Schottenheimer is not Bill Belichick... maybe Curtis Martin would like to be our OC

Maybe, Maybe not

Maybe he just likes sticking with being an offensive mastermind... maybe he doesnt want to deal with being a head coach and would like to stick around here and win... you dont know what he wants... then again niether do I so thats why I at least point out he would be leaving a good team for one in shambles...

If he gets a head coaching offer, he is gone. This isn't the Raiders we are talking about here.

BTW, how many times is a guy going to take over as a head coach on a team that ISN'T in shambles? It doesn't happen often.

If he gets a head coaching offer, he is gone.

How do you know this?

How do you know EVERYBODY wants to be a head coach?? There is as much of a chance that he is content with his job as an OC. Good money, good job, less stress than HC. He has a lot of good things going here along with a good paycheck. Why leave only to deal with Vick?

How do you know this?

How do you know EVERYBODY wants to be a head coach?? There is as much of a chance that he is content with his job as an OC. Good money, good job, less stress than HC. He has a lot of good things going here along with a good paycheck. Why leave only to deal with Vick?

Okay.

And how do you know Schott is the magic 1 in 100 assistant that will turn down a head coaching job if it's offered to him? Do you know how rare that is? It is virtually unheard of unless it's Al Davis that comes a-courtin'.

And, to say the Falcons have no talent is ridiculous. Whoever takes that job can immediately field a winner. Once again, this is not the Raiders we are talking about here.

Schott knows his stock can only go up. He has a chance to do something special if he toughs it out with this program for a few years. He'll get double whatever Blank offers him now, if he sticks around with the Jets for a few seasons and they continue to win. If he goes there, and struggles, in two years he could be old news, real quick.

On one hand, HC offers don't come off bad years. On the other though, and more importantly, he would go from the hardest-working, most coach-friendly QB in the NFL to the worst. And Blank has already put the next HC on notice that he will side with Vick.There's really no point to brining in as sharp a guy As Brian S. if Vick is your QB. The only way he takes this job is telling Blank in the interview that he'll play Schaub and wants Vick dealt, and that's verboten in Atlanta. That and the joy of reading the name "John Abraham" on your injury report each week as the lazy dog cashes huge checks mean it doens't make much sense.

How do you know this?

Gary Kubiak is a perfect example ecurb of a guy who actually turned DOWN HC opps

Pennington > Vick

Our WR's > falcons WR's

Please tell me why he would leave us for them.... Woody will pay him more if it is worth keeping him Im sure and he has more talent to work with here.... not to mention a super smart QB that doesnt flick his own fans off...

2 words.

HEAD COACH.

The Falcons job depends on what Ken Whisenhunt is going to do.

He is waiting on Cowher of course to see what he is doing because he would be in line for that job since he is already there and has been loyal to the Rooneys. If Cowher stays Whisenhunt is avl and the Falcons are rumored to want him first.

Pennington > Vick

Our WR's > falcons WR's

If you guys think that he would\should stay here as O\C when he could be a head coach somewhere else I think you are missing something. Entry level head coaches make 1.5 million per year -- for several years. The Jets are not going to pay Schott the same thing to run the offense that Eric makes. Besides Schott will want his own team. The only decision for him to make when the offer comes is -- is that the best situation for him and his family.

Mangini was in the same boat last year. It worked out well for him. Schott will be a head coach some day. I think we all agree and hope that it isn't next year. But to think that he will turn down jobs to stay here, that is just naive. Coaching stock can drop pretty quickly. They have to act when they can.

If you guys think that he would\should stay here as O\C when he could be a head coach somewhere else I think you are missing something. Entry level head coaches make 1.5 million per year -- for several years. The Jets are not going to pay Schott the same thing to run the offense that Eric makes. Besides Schott will want his own team. The only decision for him to make when the offer comes is -- is that the best situation for him and his family.

Mangini was in the same boat last year. It worked out well for him. Schott will be a head coach some day. I think we all agree and hope that it isn't next year. But to think that he will turn down jobs to stay here, that is just naive. Coaching stock can drop pretty quickly. They have to act when they can.

Just ask our two previous DC's, who were once thought of as up-and-comer's for HC positions.

Coaching stock can drop pretty quickly. They have to act when they can.

It's a calculated decision-

Do I stay OC in NY, with the odds pretty good that this is a team on the rise, and leverage myself for a huge package two or three years down the road

OR

Take the first offer I get, go into an unsure situation, where I might flop and in two years I'm yesterdays news.

Schott has to ask himself, is he ready? Maybe he should talk to Jim Mora Jr. about how he feels about his future prospects after failing in Atlanta.

Do you think Jim Mora Jr. will get another shot at HC any time soon?

If it's a question of money, well then Woody should match it. Several teams do that to keep their coaching staffs in place.

It's a calculated decision-

Do I stay OC in NY, with the odds pretty good that this is a team on the rise, and leverage myself for a huge package two or three years down the road

OR

Take the first offer I get, go into an unsure situation, where I might flop and in two years I'm yesterdays news.

Schott has to ask himself, is he ready? Maybe he should talk to Jim Mora Jr. about how he feels about his future prospects after failing in Atlanta.

Do you think Jim Mora Jr. will get another shot at HC any time soon?

If it's a question of money, well then Woody should match it. Several teams do that to keep their coaching staffs in place.

If I were Vick I would love the idea of playing for Schott though. Think about it -- Vick can do things that the NFL isn't ready for. Scrambling QBs come into the league and everyone eventually tries to get them to stop scrambling. Nobody knows what to do -- they need a bright young offensive mind that is open to doing something different.

Sounds like a good fit actually.

Archived