I'm sick and tired of mediocre Jets football.

kloogy

Like many of you, I have been watching this team piss me off since I had the ability to understand a football game in the late 70's. Mangini did a great job wih what he was given. Chad is an average QB. We have NO consistent running back. Our defense needs help and we have no true playmakers on this team. The front office needs to get Mangini some help. I don't think it's too much to ask for my team to win it all one day. I am so ticked off right now I can't see straight. This team makes me want to toss my lunch. I'm glad we have a solid coach, but besides that, I don't see anything else. Show me why I am wrong.

Chad is an average QB. We have NO consistent running back. Our defense needs help and we have no true playmakers on this team.

I think a good running game and another DL or two would solve all three problems.

I would at least call Cotchery, Coles, and Leon Washington true playmakers.

If you think Washington is a playmaker , you sir need to watch more NFL football. I'll take Coles on my team everyday of the week, and Cotchery as a good complimentary player. We have no Chad Johnson's , no LT's or Taylor's on our team. I blame the front office for the ridiculous drafts we have had in the past.

If you think Washington is a playmaker , you sir need to watch more NFL football.

Leon Washington isn't a play maker? What he is not is an every down back. He is a play maker. All he does is make big plays. He needs to be used in the right spots. He will never be THE GUY....but he will be the guy who compliments THE GUY.

Leon Washington isn't a play maker? What he is not is an every down back. He is a play maker. All he does is make big plays. He needs to be used in the right spots. He will never be THE GUY....but he will be the guy who compliments THE GUY.

I will be more than happy to see him in THAT role. Not the one he is in right now.

Like many of you, I have been watching this team piss me off since I had the ability to understand a football game in the late 70's. Mangini did a great job wih what he was given. Chad is an average QB. We have NO consistent running back. Our defense needs help and we have no true playmakers on this team. The front office needs to get Mangini some help. I don't think it's too much to ask for my team to win it all one day. I am so ticked off right now I can't see straight. This team makes me want to toss my lunch. I'm glad we have a solid coach, but besides that, I don't see anything else. Show me why I am wrong.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give Tannenbaum and Mangini more than one season.

They will take us to the Promised Land.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give Tannenbaum and Mangini more than one season.

They will take us to the Promised Land.

I didn't start watching Jets football yesterday. But it makes me happy that we have a head coach with a brain now. I'm just tired of the Ken O'Brien, Richard Todd days when we always fell a bit short. I want to see my team in the big game for once !!!

I will be more than happy to see him in THAT role. Not the one he is in right now.

You do realize he is in that role because there is nobody else to fill it? Barlow is garbage. Houston has been injured half the yr. For a guy of his size to come in and fill that role the way he has is pretty damn good.

You made the playoffs, when everyone thought the Jets would be just awful, and people are still bitching about things not being good enough? You've got to be kidding me. Enjoy the sucess you had this season, and dont take it for granted.

Things aren't good enough unless you win the Superbowl, that's the way it is. If you're not pissed about getting knocked out of the playoffs, you don't bleed for your team. It doesn't matter what people thought in August. I guess since you haven't sniffed the playoffs in so long, you've lost your competitiveness.

Mangini did a good job this year, but i don't have a clue about next season..

This defense couldn't stop the run to start the season and they were putrid today.

This defense couldn't stop the rush, they didn't do a good job of rushing the QB all season long, they weren't that impressive against the pass, and on 3rd down conversions they were horrible.

Unless they get some good corners, good DL, good LB, good safety's, and good DE, this defense will not be that much different than this year.

If Chad P wins the QB job again next year, he is what he is.. And they need a baltimore raven or Chicago Bear defense.. And I just don't see any hope of that happening... The defense stinks.. Plain and simple. You just don't grab one or two players in the draft or in free agency and think it'll change a team that for all intensive purposes were outgained in most games this season.

I don't place all the blame on Chad P today, but what he is, is a QB who can never make turnovers. He made two costly ones today. He made many during the season. 17 Interceptions is a bad bad season by any QB.. It's really bad by a QB who can never turn the ball over.

Who knows about next year.. They will have a tougher schedule. they won't be the feel good surprise story that sneaks up on people anymore. There will be higher expectations.

I hope Mangini and staff can live up to expectations.

Because many good first year coaches sometimes wind up without a job in a few years because they couldn't live up to that first year.

I think one or two players really could make a huge difference. One phase of the defense sets up the other phases giving them a better chance to succeed. If we get either a legitimate run stopper or pass rusher, then its going to pay dividends imo, especially if we improve the secondary with a samuels or clements.

Anyway, we went from a 4 win loser team with a loser coach to a wildcard team that has shown promise. How much faster of an improvement do you want?

i like your posts kloogy and i will write off this one to frustration. BUT you couldnt be farther off.

For Gods sake, this is YEAR ONE of the Tangini era. Wew made the playoffs with a new coach, newu playbook, new scheme etc.

many of the players Eric inherited were soft due to Camp Herm.

Eric had to keep many players that I guarantee you wont be here in August. You could not have asked for more in year one.

Eric will jettison 15-20% of current players. We have ample cap room for free agents.

Lets see what he does with more of HIS players on roster. lets see what happens when his team has another year under their belt in 'the system'.

I agree with you completely, I have been watching the Jets since coming to the states in 1982. I like Eric Mangini better that most of our coaches, yet I also get so sick of saying, Next year will be better. Damn it Wayne, why did you have to drop that TD 4th down pass against the Broncos in 97?

I understand that. I just want our front office to be aggressive improving this team. We need a quality RB to help our offense. This team needs guys that will make a difference.

what leads you to think tannebaum will be the same as past GMs? everything he has done to date shows they will get the right players.

Mangini did a good job this year, but i don't have a clue about next season..

This defense couldn't stop the run to start the season and they were putrid today.

This defense couldn't stop the rush, they didn't do a good job of rushing the QB all season long, they weren't that impressive against the pass, and on 3rd down conversions they were horrible.

Unless they get some good corners, good DL, good LB, good safety's, and good DE, this defense will not be that much different than this year.

If Chad P wins the QB job again next year, he is what he is.. And they need a baltimore raven or Chicago Bear defense.. And I just don't see any hope of that happening... The defense stinks.. Plain and simple. You just don't grab one or two players in the draft or in free agency and think it'll change a team that for all intensive purposes were outgained in most games this season.

I don't place all the blame on Chad P today, but what he is, is a QB who can never make turnovers. He made two costly ones today. He made many during the season. 17 Interceptions is a bad bad season by any QB.. It's really bad by a QB who can never turn the ball over.

Who knows about next year.. They will have a tougher schedule. they won't be the feel good surprise story that sneaks up on people anymore. There will be higher expectations.

I hope Mangini and staff can live up to expectations.

Because many good first year coaches sometimes wind up without a job in a few years because they couldn't live up to that first year.

The first half of the season, I'd agree with you. But I think the defense has improved dramatically over the second half. They averaged 12.5 ppg. for what, the last 6 games?

I think you can plug two or three players into the current lineup and upgrade it significantly. Draft a pass rusher LB/DE out of college, sign a shutdown CB FA, and see whats out there (Pope? Pouha?) that can compete with or rotate with Robertson at NT.

The Jets started todays game with a 43 front.

Vilma seems to be a fish out of water on this team, right now.

i think your right. we do need a lot of talent. but were not that far away. the important thing is we have a good coach and gm tandem now who will work hard to improve this team

this offseason, we need a playmaker on defense and some sort of a superstar. The defense is inconsistent and needs some work. The jets lack talent but the whole team is young and they will be good contenders in a few years with this roster.

Our runnuing game will open up with more experience from the rookies.

Is the fact that the Pats have Brady(who is only 28).. They have some young offensive linemen. They have young defensive players and always seem to find players that work out on defense. They have a rookie RB who looked good this year. They have a rookie WR and some young TE's. They have two first round draft picks. They are under the cap. And they beat down the Jets today....

I am tired of hearing "wait till next year" beacuse other teams like the Pats start a rookie QB and win a SB.

The Jets have had what, 3 HOF players in their entire history. That is a bad bad thing.

It's the same excuse year after year.. We will be good next year, the year after and it never ever happens.

Yeah Mangini and staff looked good this year, but that defense stinks. Mangold and Dbrick look good at times, avg at other times. Leon Washington looks like a good rb, but will he be able to handle 20 carries a game plus 5 receptions.

I'm tired of looking around and seeing a team like the Saints have two rookie of the Year candidates in Colson and Bush. Dree Brees throwing for almost 5000 yards.

The Bears, one of the best teams in the NFC last year, had a rookie of the year candidate in their wr/special teams player.

While the Jets brought in useless Barlow and useless Patrick Ramsey..

Yeah the GM and Mangini and staff did many good things this year, but i can't just say they will make the right moves next year... Who knows if they will? Because many of the players on this Jets team were just not that good.

i like your posts kloogy and i will write off this one to frustration. BUT you couldnt be farther off.

For Gods sake, this is YEAR ONE of the Tangini era. Wew made the playoffs with a new coach, newu playbook, new scheme etc.

many of the players Eric inherited were soft due to Camp Herm.

Eric had to keep many players that I guarantee you wont be here in August. You could not have asked for more in year one.

Eric will jettison 15-20% of current players. We have ample cap room for free agents.

Lets see what he does with more of HIS players on roster. lets see what happens when his team has another year under their belt in 'the system'.

I hope you are right. I am just tired of the "next year " mentality many of us have been showing for decades. I stated I am happy with the coaching staff and mainly with our head coach. I just want to see our players being talked about as some of the best in the league. We haven't had that in a long time. I think we have average talent right now and need those key guys that will put us amongst the elite teams. I don't want to be like the Giants who have the talent and no direction. Maybe it's just frustration from a team I expected to see win today.

It is always "next year".. Then injuries, bad play, bad coaching, some other team comes out of nowhere and becomes great.

I'm tired of that mentality. Yeah hindsight is 20/20, but it seems the Jets are always the team who rarely makes a splash in the FA market or for that matter, in the draft. They are the safe pick.. Don't stir the pot too much.. And sometimes they are a nice tease.. Always the bridesmaid never the bride kind of team. Eventually if you've been a fan long enough, you hope the future looks bright, but in the back of your mind, it's that whole notion that the Jets are alwasy the second fiddle.

They didn't beat the Dolphins in the 80's. they were one of the worse teams in the early 90's while the Bills were making their runs. The Colts had a few good years in there with Harbaugh.

Then They choked in the second half against the bronco's in the 1998 championship game. They faded for a few years and then the Patriots become a dynasty.

Wait long enough and maybe the Bills become good again or the Pats stay good. Who knows, but it's always hard to swallow the fact that the Jets are always one player away from what?

The Pats were not supposed to win the SB in 2001. They did. The Rams weren't supposed to in 1999. They did. The Ravens had no offense in 2000. Yet they won. The Steelers were an avg team with a second year QB last year. THey were the 6th seed in the playoffs. Yet they won the SB.

And for the Jets, it's always, wait till next year.. Well, next year never seems to come.

Yeah there is hope for this team, but they need to make many changes to be good. Remember it'll be a tougher schedule and nobody will take them lightly next year.

Chad P is 31.... Manning is 30 or 31.

Yeah they aren't young anymore, but the fact is, they aren't on the decline either.. 3, 4, 5 more years means unless serious injuries happen, the Jets need to be better than the Pats. They looked years away from that today.

Things aren't good enough unless you win the Superbowl, that's the way it is. If you're not pissed about getting knocked out of the playoffs, you don't bleed for your team. It doesn't matter what people thought in August. I guess since you haven't sniffed the playoffs in so long, you've lost your competitiveness.

Oh boohoo then. Go sulk over a game everyone knew you were going to lose anyway.

I dont care if you make fun of the Bills, it really doesnt bother me, but to be very upset with the jets season is stupid. With lots of young guys, the team played great and made the playoffs. Yeah you didnt win it all, but you can't tell me your expectations were to win it all before the season anyway.

Its not called losing my conpetitiveness, its called reality, and being realistic.

The salery cap makes it impossible to just ADD all great players..Everyone wants to get paid...It takes time to get all the right parts through FA and the draft..Eric and Mike have made a HUGE leap this year with there 1st draft class and with being 28 million under the cap be sure they will get help on the d-line or where ever they feel the need is on the NYJ's..We are in better shape then we have been in a long time

Archived