The Morning After

Maxman

I have never been so excited after a loss, Im very sad we wont be playing anymore but that 04' JETS to 06' CHEIFS thing makes a lot of sense... it makes me feel good thinking about what 07' holds for us.

Regardless of what people think of him, Chad was with us for all 17 games this year, threw for over 3000 yards and played well in a playoff game. He will be healthy going into the offseason for the first time in his career and should be better next year.

Our D needs help, but think how far it has come... imagine if our week 3 defense was playing out there yesterday.... it would have been 60-16... if we can fill some holes in the offseason they will be good.

JCotch broke out as a solid if not the best #2 receiver in the NFL

Leon has shown some big play ability

Coles again proved he will fight through anything

Jmac isnt worth what we are paying him, but if he restructures between him and Brad Smith we have a VERY solid WR group. Im sure Dwight is gone... oh well

We started 2 rookies all year on the Oline, we know that can online get better, and with some help in the offseason on the right side, Chad will be able to pick apart D's even better, or if he is beaten out by Clemens it will give Clemens time in the pocket (which is needed for someone new to the position)

Rhodes broke out this year as one of the best Safties in the NFL

Dyson showed we have a solid #1 CB and if we can scoop up Samuel that will be huge, that means our backups are Miller/BArret/Coleman which is pretty damn good.

Bryan Thomas stepped up huge this year, Vilma was not as good as last eyar but was OK and will get better when we have a fat guy up front. We need another OLB and MLB but they can be found...

Overall this has to be one of the best "entering the off-season" any team has ever had, with our talent, our coaches, and our CAP situation... we have a chance to be VERY good next year.

Glad you all enjoyed the article...thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way, I actually just "faked and injury" and left work early, I dont know if this is "normal" behavior or not, but I dont really care either....,

It was a great article. I'm always glad to see somebody else who "gets it" when it comes to the difference between Hermpes and Eric Mangini.

Archived