Everything I know, is because of Sperm

Scott Dierking

From rotoworld:

Herm Edwards had a revealing response to the Chiefs playoff loss last week. With players from Tony Gonzalez to Larry Johnson to Trent Green quietly sniping about the team's predictable offense, Edwards had this to say about the team's collapse.

"I'm puzzled just like you. We haven't changed any plays. We haven't changed this offense all year."

Puzzling. While Larry Johnson owners should be cringing, every coach with a flexible game plan like Bill Belichick and Eric Mangini should be smiling. Herm didn't take Kansas City's 23-8 thrashing as a lesson in the dangers of oversimplication. In fact, Edwards wants to make the team's offensive attack to be less complicated.

"You have to be realistic and ask yourself if we're really capable of (successfully running their current system). I want to make sure of one thing: Whatever type of system we run, young players have to be able to play … I don't want to be in a situation where young guys who have some talent can't play because the system is too complex."

Say goodbye to what was left of Dick Vermeil's offense. Say hello to the slow-paced mediocrity of Herm's New York Jets offenses. Larry Johnson might be the most talented running back in the NFL, but he's going to be playing against a stacked deck next season.

Okay, so Herm's offenses have always been simple because he "wants the young talent to be able to play"?

Yeah, that's it. Just ask Lamont Jordan and Jericho Cotchery.

I think Herm sees what happened here (the Jets) this year with some of teh guys that he did not play, and excelling, and wanted to toss cannon fodder across the bow, before it was lodged at him.

Pre-emptive strike by Herm.

But, in other news, he was puzzled.

Something is funny when a reporter tells a HC he is puzzled by the lack of offensive production and the HC agrees as if he and the reporter are on equal footing when it comes to solving the problem. Isn't the HC supposed to have studied the film, analyzed the schemes, come up with a gameplan or at least approved one from the OC? Shouldn't he be able to shed some light on the question or does he just throw up his hands like he is one of the team's fans? I can't stress enough how happy I am that Herm isn't puzzled anymore about the Jets problems and doesn't have to come up with the answers. I'll take Mangini and Tannenbaum who I am sure are more capable than a fan or reporter of solving these little football dilemmas.

Offense needed a Plan B

By JOE POSNANSKI

The Kansas City Star

217364068192.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS | Well, that was humiliating. There is no good way to lose a playoff game, of course. But you have to believe there are better ways to lose than going the first 42 minutes of the game without getting a first down. You have to believe that there are better ways to lose than to have 21 total yards midway through the third quarter while your opponent has 22 first downs.

Oh yeah, it might be worth mentioning that this was against one of the worst NFL run defenses ever.

So it

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

WOW, it sucks to be a KC fan right now... seriously

Yet most of them will jump on you for putting him down. If you go to one of their forums. Their hatred for Jets fans is incredible, and most of them are defending their "Coach" (Or so called coach). The Media outside of NY an NJ has not yet discovered his fraud. Many of them should not be sports writers and fell in love with his one liners. This year, Herm will get away with blame his OC, the year after that he will blame his DC and then it may be his special teams coach. He is as predictable with his behavior as he is with his game plan and play calling after all, on third and 9, every knows that you run the draw.

Good riddance Herm.

Archived