Top 3/Bottom 3 Jets Head Coaches

SouthernJet

OK, below are all the Jet shead coaches.

List the Top 3 and the Botom 3:

I will start in my opinion:

Top 3: Not much to pick from

Weeb

Walt Michaels

Tuna

Bottom 3:

Rich Kotite

Charley Winner (by Weeb promoting soninlaw, we lost Buddy Ryan and Chuck Knox)

Joe Walton

NYJet Head Coaches:

Sammy Baugh

Clyde (Bulldog) Turner

Weeb Ewbank

Charley Winner

Ken Shipp

Lou Holtz

Walt Michaels

Joe Walton

Bruce Coslet

Pete Carroll

Rich Kotite

Bill Parcells

Al Groh

Herman Edwards

Eric Mangini

Weeb

Walt Michaels

Tuna

Bottom 3:

Rich Kotite

Joe Walton

NYJet Head Coaches:

Sammy Baugh

Clyde (Bulldog) Turner

Weeb Ewbank

Charley Winner

Ken Shipp

Lou Holtz

Walt Michaels

Joe Walton

Bruce Coslet

Pete Carroll

Rich Kotite

Bill Parcells

Al Groh

Herman Edwards

Eric Mangini

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyjindex.htm

Do the math. Herman Edwards three playoff appearances, one AFC East title and two playoff wins exactly equals the records of his predecessor's Al Groh, Bill Parcells, Rich Kotite, Pete Carrol, and Bruce Coslet COMBINED.

Weeb (won a Super Bowl) and Edwards top the list based on actual facts not opinion.

Do the math. Herman Edwards three playoff appearances, one AFC East title and two playoff wins exactly equals the records of his predecessor's Al Groh, Bill Parcells, Rich Kotite, Pete Carrol, and Bruce Coslet COMBINED.

Weeb (won a Super Bowl) and Edwards top the list based on actual facts not opinion.

41-44

You do the math.

Lia/Rajensen-

until we get your take on that fantastic offensive gameplan for Chiefs vs. Colts by the Master Motivator, don't want to hear any extolling of Mr. 3rd Tiebreaker. Please-tell us what you think. What was plan B after they stopped LJ by putting 9 and 10 upfront? The Chiefs, with the best player on the field that day, were noncompetitive. Discuss; explain; expound.

Jets at least had the likely AFC title winners within 7 points with 9 minutes left on the road until brainfarts and clear lack of talent caught up with them.

Discuss; compare; contrast.

so yeah ra...um...where were you when the jets were doing good this season? Oh thats right, you only show up when the jets lose or herman edwards looks good.

Which basically means you show up only when the jets lose. Nice

inheriting a good team and then eventually dismantling it to a POS 4-12 doesnt put him in my top 3.

inheriting a good team and then eventually dismantling it to a POS 4-12 doesnt put him in my top 3.

But you know SJ...it takes something special to dismantle not one, but two talented teams, and still have a job. Gotta give ol herm that ;)

so yeah ra...um...where were you when the jets were doing good this season? Oh thats right, you only show up when the jets lose or herman edwards looks good.

Which basically means you show up only when the jets lose. Nice

you have to understand Lia.

He will always defend Herm from a underdogs point of view which is fine. There are always a small subset of people will defend Herm because he was the first Caucasian/African American head coach in the NFL and they want him to suceed. Its all cool.

and it's absolutely AMAZING that we got into three playoff appearances with absolutely pathetic coaching. Herm lost more games than he won. He is NOT a top Jets coach.

Weeb

Walt Michaels

Tuna

Bottom 3:

Rich Kotite

Joe Walton

NYJet Head Coaches:

Sammy Baugh

Clyde (Bulldog) Turner

Weeb Ewbank

Charley Winner

Ken Shipp

Lou Holtz

Walt Michaels

Joe Walton

Bruce Coslet

Pete Carroll

Rich Kotite

Bill Parcells

Al Groh

Herman Edwards

Eric Mangini

I would replace Winner with Holtz. Holtz had no clue coming from college and didn't even last the entire season before running back to college.

Winner though was really bad.

I would replace Winner with Holtz. Holtz had no clue coming from college and didn't even last the entire season before running back to college.

Winner though was really bad.

I'd replace Walton with Holtz. Winner was pretty inept. I hated Walton. Damn near everything about him, starting with the fact that they fired Walt to keep him, but the guy was a good OC and had some football knowledge.

I'd replace Walton with Holtz. Winner was pretty inept. I hated Walton. Damn near everything about him, starting with the fact that they fired Walt to keep him, but the guy was a good OC and had some football knowledge.

As an OC Walton was brillant. Todd flourished working under him when Walton was the OC.

Walton though the HC ? He was a putz.

RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT RUN RUN PASS PUNT

RUN RUN PASS (AND GET YOUR QB HIT SO HARD HIS DOG HURTS) PUNT

Yeah gotta love herm

KC scored the following

2002 467 points

2003 484 points

2004 483 points

2005 403 points 4 year avg of 459 points

2006 331 points the Herm years a 38.7% decline!!

I don't knwo about you but I would lose my job with that kind of decline. But I don't work for my friend like Herm.

you have to understand Lia.

He will always defend Herm from a underdogs point of view which is fine. There are always a small subset of people will defend Herm because he was the first Caucasian/African American head coach in the NFL and they want him to suceed. Its all cool.

Edwards got a better job and left, just like Al Groh and Bill Bellichek. Seems like a majority of Jet fans act like they've been dumped for someone more attractive and with a better future. You have fallen in love with an unattractive, overweight, overrated no personality replacement on the rebound.

Edwards is gone, get over it, I have and could care less what happens to the Chiefs. I am looking for the Jets to get to a Super Bowl and my opinion it isn't with Eric (the Emporer Penquin is wearing no clothes) Mangini or Mike ( I passed on MAtt Leinart) Tannenbaum.

Here's your geniuses record as a DC:

2003 Pats defense ranked 7th with Romeo Crennel as DC

2004 Pats defense ranked 9th with Romeo Crennel as DC

2005 Pats defense ranked 26th with Eric Mangini as DC

2006 Pats defense ranked 6th with Dean Pees as DC.

Explain to the group why under Mangini the Pats were the 4th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL in 2005 and in 2006 the Jets were the 4th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL... then you can explain why you buy into the urban myth that Mangini coaches his players to be tough, smart and not make mistakes.

Edwards got a better job and left, just like Al Groh and Bill Bellichek. Seems like a majority of Jet fans act like they've been dumped for someone more attractive and with a better future. You have fallen in love with an unattractive, overweight, overrated no personality replacement on the rebound.

Edwards is gone, get over it, I have and could care less what happens to the Chiefs. I am looking for the Jets to get to a Super Bowl and my opinion it isn't with Eric (the Emporer Penquin is wearing no clothes) Mangini or Mike ( I passed on MAtt Leinart) Tannenbaum.

Explain to the group why under Mangini the Pats were the 4th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL in 2005 and in 2006 the Jets were the 4th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL... then you can explain why you buy into the urban myth that Mangini coaches his players to be tough, smart and not make mistakes.

You used to eat paint chips off the wall, didn't you?

Again, though-Jets, with a weak-armed QB and no real running game, played the likely Super Bowl winner to within a TD on the road until the 9-minute mark.

Chiefs in a a playoff game against an inept oppostion coach (who nonetheless totally stopped the Chiefs' main offensive weapon)were completely noncompetitive.

Pats defense last year under Mangini was one BS hometown Assante Samuel PI call from the AFC title game. ALong with 3 other rings.

Your metrosexual obsession is showing, Lia. Mangini has a paunch. Oh, my God! So he probably has breakfast, lunch and dinner at his desk(and probably not the healthiest of meals in each case), watching film, reviewing gameplans, doing draft prep, getting ready for practice, checking the conditioning program. How awful. Better he be doing step aerobics with Richard Simmons, right?

As opposed to what ever Hermie seems to be doing, other than lining up "Play to WIn the Game!" speaking tour engagements(oh, the sellouts he figures to get this year!) and media appearances.In the week prior to the Colts game, he obviously didn't spend much time thinking what the Chiefs would do different if Johnson ran at 9 and 10 defenders every down. In fact, Peter King, Jason Whitlock and Gary Meyer-sguys who what ever you think of them, always loved Hermie-each called it the single worst gameplan in NFL playoff history.

C'mon, Lia-Get out of your capri pants, put down the moisturizer, stay out of Bath&Body Works, stop reading Vogue-and grab a cold domestic beer or 7.

And order a pizza. With lots of stuff on it. Meat products, even. Or just go buy some steak.

And none of this sissy calling in sick tommorrow-get to work at you desk at 6AM. Like Mangini does.

PS-as of today, the 2 best winning pct. coaches in Jets history are Parcells and Mangini. As that guy says, you are what your record says you are, Lia.

So how did the Jets give up less points per game than Herm's Chiefs this year? I guess Mangini isn't as bad as you make him out to be.

Not to mention the drop in offensive production from the Chiefs after Herm took over this season.

My favourite thing about you, rajen, is that you never reply to posts that make you look like a fool. That means you only reply to 1 post out of 100.

I doubt you are a Jets fan. I've never seen a post of yours any thread that doesn't mention Herm.

Jensen, tell me how Herm did as a coordinator. I guess you can't since he never made it that high and couldn't craft a game plan if his life depended on it. So comparing his HC record in the first year Mangini took a 4-12 team and went 10-6, and Herm took a 9-7 and went 10-6. Advantage Mangini. Anyway, how can you criticize or call Mangini and Tannenbaum overrated based on their first year performance. Did anyone think they should have done better than 10-6 and the 5th playoff seed? Certainly you didn't predict that. IF you really have moved on from Herm you would just admit Mangini did a good job.

Archived