The "38-34" Edition of POTW - January 24th, 2007

GreenBeans

Well, well, well - I guess Peyton Manning and the Colts really CAN beat the Patriots after all. What a shame - Golf in January for Tommy and company. At least 'lil Bill will have more time to plan that romantic vacation to Hawaii with Sharon Shenocca. I wonder if he's going to steal anything else from Mr. Shenocca prior to the trip - you know, like a beach towel or a suitcase or maybe even a hoodie. Congratulations to the Colts - a team I hate, just not as much as the Pats.

Anyhow, let's get right to the good stuff:

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm

"Game Ball: Adam Vinatieri. He's the tycoon of the trifecta, baybeeeeee! Sorry, too much college hoops lately. Thanks to his historical performance Sunday, Vinatieri is just one clutch kick away from signing a $250 million MLS contract and having coitus with a Spice Girl"

(Editor's Note: So tell me whatcha want whatcha realy, really want...)

--

Originally Posted by Bugg

OMS is always a highlight. Keep up the good work.

Simply Grossman is the Richard Todd of this generation. The parts are all there, but he's never putting it all together consistently. 23 TDs vs. 20 INT isn't good no matter how you cut it. When you add in that he's a 1st rounder who came in from Florida with a whole bunch of attitude, you can understand-he's not a likeable guy. Everyone thinks he's a major league a-hole because he is in fact a major league a-hole.

(Editor's Note: Bugg hit this right on the nose. Not only is he an a-hole, but he looks like someone that is an a-hole. I hate Rex "The Loushe" Grossman)

-----

Topic - Braves trade LaRoche to Bucs for Gonzalez

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

actually it all depends on what pitcher you're talking about. In the case of Gonzalez his "bad whip' makes him a bad pitcher...in the case of another pitcher though his WHIP could be just as bad or worse but it will be the worst stat used to judge a pitcher. If you have to ask why, you just don't understand sabermetrics and four leaf clovers.

(Editor's Note: This is why I just WATCH baseball right here. This paragraph probably makes sense to someone out there and they'll want to argue about it...)

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess where.

Originally Posted by P2C

Here???

(Editor's Note: RIP TX)

-----

Topic - Just started learning electric guitar

Originally Posted by Garb

I'm of no help.....but I do have a swell idea. Once you "master" the guitar I think you, Max, Smizzy and Faba ought to start a band. Max is real good at tooting his own horn, Smizzy plays a mean flute and Faba likes to wet his whistle.

(Editor's Note: Sexy, witty, devistatingly beautiful - sigh - it's Garb.)

-----

Topic - crap i fell asleep

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Reading ecurb's crap i fell asleep thread.

(Editor's Note: The best thing about this post is that ecurb laughed at it. PDM is a funny dude, and ecurb is a good sport. Two thumbs up!)

-----

Topic - PATSFanTx banned?

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

I hear if you look in the mirror at night and say his name three times, he'll come back to haunt this board.

(Editor's Note: I heard that if you tap the "t" key on the keyboard four times, he show's up at your house and makes your wife cook linguini.)

-----

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

UNBAN ME

Originally Posted by jetswin

that's not happening as long as I'm a mod over there

sorry.

may i ask why?

i have been good

and eww get the **** out of here and go eat some pancakes

YOU WANT SOME BITCH

YOU ARE SCARED IF I GO BACK

YOU ARE ****ING CHICKEN FOR NOT LETING ME GO BACK

YOU ONLY BAN PEOPLE YOU ARE SCARED OF

JETS INSIDER IS THE FRIENDSHIP

JETNATION IS THE SOVERIGN 6 PLUS 2

YOU ****S ARE EVIL

(Editor's Note: Kids today - sheesh - such a mememe nownownow generation. Scary and violent, too. I blame Reaganomics...)

-----

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

You just got nominated for POTW..STOP WHINING

cool what do i get if i win

You get that really cool sig that Jetcane is wearing right now.

what does it say 2 lazy to look

(Editor's Note: The best way to not win POTW is to be too lazy to type "too" using instead the numeral "2". Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to win POTW, son.)

-----

Topic - fins getting a coach

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

Could be about the money...

It could also be the wife not wanting to go, but him going along with it as not to blow the chance... and he assumed he could talk her into it once he had a dollar amount...

Originally Posted by Bob

If I were him, the conversation would go like this:

Cam: "Honey, I've got a chance to be an NFL head coach!"

Mrs. Cam: "I'm not sure I want to move."

Cam: "Bye!"

(Editor's Note: Hehehe - that Bob...)

-----

Originally Posted by Can't Hackett

BTW, the Pats suck in any state I am in. (including intoxicated)

(Editor's Note: Be all, and you'll be the end all, life can be a real ball, state of mind - euphoria --- and the Pats still suck!)

-----

Topic Why does everyone make it a black white thing???

Originally Posted by pjam76

It seems you make yourself look more like an idiot by saying you hate him cause he calls himself black, yet he's only half black.

That's a lame excuse to hate somebody.

Originally Posted by mangenious420

No I think Southern Jet hates Herm because he couldn't coach a pop warner team.

(Editor's Note: Herm would be a fine Pop Warner coach - just think about how great the post season BBQ would be - or the ice cream after the games they played to win.)

-----

Originally Posted by MSGold12

Jet fans SHOULD revile and hate Herman Edwards. He wasted our window. .

(Editor's Note: Nicely put in one sentence, Mr. Gold.)

-----

Topic - Colts Avatar Challenge

Smizzy!!!you did it!!!we have you to thank..great idea!!!

(Editor's Note: Congrats to Smizzy - nice work. I'm just glad that JonEJinx didn't participate.)

-----

Originally Posted by PakiJet

tony dungys a genious

(Editor's Note: Oh that's just special, isn't it? Genious)

-----

Originally Posted by NYJ EcKo151

How do the Jets play a factor in this bro?

Screw Vinny. Piece of crap outside of 98'.

Originally Posted by Jetfan16

he epitomizes what the Jets are, i think. hes the right guy, hes our guy, hes been up, hes been down and everything in between, just like our team, but no matter what, theyre still our team, and i just think that there is no player who has been on the Jets represents the struggle better than Vinny does, the Jets deserve to win one, and Vinny does too. its the same old Jets to me in that, i figure, i am as nut a Jets fan as there is, and any other sport i just dont care about for the most part, the Jets are it. the SOJ blow it every year, and i dunno, here was this one chance for my favorite player ever, just for once a player i root for to make it to and win the ring, and it didnt happen. and the last 38 years or whatever its been would probably indicate its not going to happen any time soon for the Jets either, realistically, thats just the way it is, the way its meant to be. the difference is Vinny's time in the NFL is either over or all but over, but at least the Jets will be around forever, Vinny wont. one of our own got robbed again today of his chance at the ring in typical SOJ fashion.

Originally Posted by Arsis

I think you have a crush on him. Bigger than ecurbs crush on chadwivk and the trolls crush on ecurb combined.

(Editor's Note: Hey, ecurb has MANY more posts about Chad - his crush is obviously larger.)

-----

Topic - Vinny

Originally Posted by Smizzy

I'm sorry I root for the Jets...Not a QB on the New England Patroits.

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

I thought thats what all JETS fans do...

I understand he likes the guy, but c'mon its not like we drafted him and he played here for 5-10 years with success... he had 1 good year... he has done exactly what Chad has for us (1 good year) with a lesser win %....

(Editor's Note: Oops! ecurb, old buddy, you may have shot many months of Chad worship down the tubes with this post. Time to start your penance, that'll be 10 "Chad is a great leader" and 15 "Chad's smart"'s this week...)

-----

Topic - Vinny

Originally Posted by The Troll

**** Vinny.

This is like looking into ecurb's future three years from now when Chad is a backup for the NFC runner-up Cardinals.

(Editor's Note: I would not wish that fate on ANYONE Troll. That's just f'd up, dude.)

-----

Topic - The worst Performance by a WR in Playoff history

Originally Posted by AS$MOP THE DOOKIE FAN

by

Thoughts? hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

caldwell6fi0vd.jpg

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Is he related to the runaway bride?

wilbanks.jpgcaldwell6fi0vd.jpg

(Editor's Note: I want to know who put these two people into the real life "warper"?)

-----

Originally Posted by stormshadow19

363216372fe8d06d1fe9br.jpg

caldwell6fi0vd.jpg

Seperated at birth? I think so....

(Editor's Note: I love football on TV, and twins? Congrats on the first POTW Nom. ;))

-----

Topic - If Peyton Gets a Ring - Where do you rank him all-time?

Best QB to ever play the game?

Discuss

Originally Posted by Bob

Ahead of Marino.

(Editor's Note: That Bob again...)

-----

Topic - Message from LT to Mumbles

Originally Posted by afosomf

"Have fun in Hawaii.....*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by The Troll

I'm going to have to TIVO this so I can remember BB in a Hawaiian sweatshirt for all eternity.

(Editor's Note: That's comedic genious right there, ehh Paki?)

-----

Topic - Dallas Cowboys next coach-opinions

Originally Posted by faba

So who can deal with Terrell Owens and Jerry Jones?

Originally Posted by Jetcane

dr.%20Phil.jpg

(Editor's Note: I'd give Dr. Phil 8 games before he prescribed a stronger pain killer for TO to not try to commit suicide with...)

-----

Originally Posted by MSGold12

The question I used to love asking Hermy Lovers during his hey day was...exactly waht does Herm do? he had no coordinator experience, he knew noting about offense, he was never a strategist, he had a veteran DC and let hackett run the O on game day (with general oversight at best)...what exactly did HE do to make th team better? he was suppossedly suvh a great motivator...yet our teams came out flat year after year and dropped several "easy yet impiortant" games. The ONLY times his teams played well was whe their backs were against the wall a la 2001 and 2002. Motivator? Preacher was more like it. BL, he did nothing but ride some talent, rely on expericned players and assistants, and then bolted when it became apparant he was ging to be exposed.

(Editor's Note: Amen, Brother Gold, amen...)

-----

Originally Posted by afosomf

Defending the turd here is a waste of your time and energy, cause if Herm looks like a turd, and acts like a turd, he probably is a "Turd"!!!!!!!!!

(Editor's Note: And believe me when I tell you, assmop knows Turds.)

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX - and we STILL need a new sponsor!

Topic - Something's been bothering me

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

As we move away from an object, it becomes smaller. If space shrinks when time dilates, isn't space transforming into time?

Originally Posted by joewilly

step away from the mirror jetmo. you have been saddled with 4". deal with it

(Editor's Note: Damn joewilly - that's just cold. Or at least that's Moses's excuse...)

-----

Topic - McNabb unhappy with Eagles

if mcnabb gets traded , i'll run 10 miles in a garcia jersey, short skirt & 6" pumps.

keep in mind though, unlike max, I am not a man of my word.

(Editor's Note: So you'd be running that way, then? I'm confused - are you telling me the truth about not being a man of your word or not? WTF, joewilly, why you gotta mess with my head like that...)

-----

POTW NOM

whats that mean??

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

POTW NOM, mate.

still have no idea what that means, mate!

:rl: POTW NOM

what??

(Editor's Note: This set of posts just had to be included in POTW - they may become our motto.)

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

POTW NOM, mate.

POTW NOM

(Editor's Note: I like it - got a Gainzo feel to it for sure.)

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

POTW nominee

Originally Posted by nyjunc

must you post this after every anti-Herm post?

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

if it is a great post that illustrates counter opinion then yes.

are you now against freedom of speech?

(Editor's Note: Yes, he is - now shut it, SJ. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by nyjunc

I just defend the truth and what is right. if the opinion isn't popular I don't worry about that.

he took a franchise w/ 8 playof apperances TOTAL in 40 years and guided us to 3 in 4, he took a franchise that had made the playoffs once in 9 years and missed the previous 2 before he got there and he guided us 3 in 4 years, he took a franchise w/ ONE AFC East Title and doubled that, he had us in meaningful games every year, the only yeras we weren't were injury plagued years.

Mangini was handed a playoff ready team this year, we were 1 year removed from being a kick away from the AFC Title game while when Herm took over we were 2 years removed from the playoffs.

The bottom line is we MISSEd the playoffs 2 straiht years then herm gets here and magically we make it. KC MISSED the playoffs 2 years before Herm and he gets there and they magically make it.

you guys act like we won 4 Super Bowl's, what exactly did he ride until it dropped? he took over a job where basically 5 guys declined to coach us(Parcells then BB then groh then BB declined again then Capers took his name out of the running) if we had so much talent do you think coaches would run away from us like that? of course not they would have been lining up to coach us.

he did lie his way out of NY but be thankful that he did or he'd still be here.

I couldn't care less about what he dos in KC, if he never wins another game it won't change the facts that he did a good job for us.

(The nomination: ****tiest potw nom - johnny green balls)

(Editor's Note: Bartender! BARTENDER! Yeah - cool - I'll have three of what this guy had - make it four.)

-----

off topic, but how does a chowd become a mod at a Jets site??

Blow Jobs....and lots of em!

(Editor's Note: Excellent. I'm thinking of starting a new Jets site bjs-and-jets.com - whathca think? I know joebaby is SO there, who's with him?)

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm

The Championship Diarrhies (Part 2)

New England v. Indianapolis

5:30 p.m (CST) Lovie Smith got his Gatorade bath twenty minutes ago, and my Bernard Bonerrian has subsided to a mere Shank Johnson. The only question left to answer is who the Bears

-----

Originally Posted by BoomBoomMancini

Eric Mangini is not a better coach than Herm Edwards... Herm had the same team as Eric did in '04(without Pennington for 3 games)..

I would buy into Mangini if our defense was improved, but I actually thought it was better last year.

Originally Posted by jetheelz

You sir are terribly mistaken. Eric Mangini is a no-nonsense, x's and o's type coach. He took this team and toughened them up. He worked them hard in camp and at practice and turned them into a very functional unit, while at Chiefs camp fat Ty Law and others were enjoying cookouts and pig pickins. The Jets are a team on the rise now while KC and their fans deal with the troubles that we used to endure.

Coach Mangini took a 4-12 squad, coached by Herm Edwards, and made it into a 10-6 team with a playoff berth. How can you argue with those results in the guy's first season as a head coach? He comes from the Belicheck coaching tree that involves finding the right players for the right system. He has this team and this franchise going in the direction that it should be.

(Editor's Note: That's what one calls a good old fashioned southern a$$ kicking - pwned by 'heelz.)

-----

Originally Posted by Green DNA

I wish Brady was the Jets QB. Sigh...

(Editor's Note: He's sooooooooooo dreeeeeeeeeeeeee-meeeeeeeeee....)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

If you hate BB, that's fine, just don't make him out to be the Devil for farksake!

Originally Posted by Max

Nobody here would ever compare the two. The Devil was a fallen Angel. So at one point in time he was a good person.

(Editor's Note: Damn, 'lil Bill is worse than Satan now. Golly, I didn't even know he owned a pitch fork.)

-----

Originally Posted by GLH222

When does the issue hit stands? Very cool indeed

222, while you're writing skills are impeccable, you're reading comprehension sucks.

he clearly stated he didn't know if it was this week or next week. now give whitney her crackpipe back

(Editor's Note: Take it easy, joewilly - it's the new reading - you know, just make things up as you go along. Similar to the new math in a lot of ways, just different, du u no wut i meen?)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Not a knock. I'm not too far behind, actually. 6'1" 225. I'm starting at a gym, and need to shed some pounds myself. We should have a Biggest Loser for the mods, or for anyone here.

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

I do not think any of you would have to lose any weight for us to be able to pick the biggest loser!

(Editor's Note: Zing! How's that feel, Max? No lovin' for JFBM if Max has anything to say about it after that crack.)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic - When the call us a dynasty...

Originally Posted by mangenious420

I'm confused, what does a dynasty have to do with anything?

Originally Posted by jetophile

Could be the Ming Dynasty. Those guys kicked ass, even though it was in 1300 A.D. something or other.

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

The Ming dynasty? You're kidding right. Easily one of the most over rated dynasties if you take a close look at their schedule.

Congrats to AirForceJetFan for his victory this week. As a former history teacher, this post just spoke to me loudest - it's funny, football-ish enough, and it has nothing to do with Herm, Tom Brady, or 'lil Bill - it's just dag'on funny. Thank you AFJF - great job! Wear the "badge" with pride this week:

potw.jpg

Assist of the Week goes to one of my favorites - the Tuna himself, Bill Parcells for his antics this week. Nice work Tuna. ;)

That's all I've got this week folks - it's been a particularly crappy one for this legume. Here's to a better tomorrow - y'all be cool.

gb

assmop is disowning dook this year,,

he claims Nick Saban now

WTF SJ, just because i tell you that Duke is an NIT caliber team this year, does not mean that i disown them. You know me i tell it like it is!! Paulus

most overrated recruit in duke history.

BTW I have been a BAma fan longer than a Jet fan, 41 years for tide

40 years for Jets.

Saban will win a title in 3 years!!!!!!!!!!

WTF SJ, just because i tell you that Duke is an NIT caliber team this year, does not mean that i disown them. You know me i tell it like it is!! Paulus

40 years for Jets.

cant argue with any of that

I can. saban will not win in 3 years.

Au contraire

Saban is off to a very good recruiting start!!

He has a QB better than Croyle and has 2 years with him to go.

They are close to signing #1 RB recruit in the country

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Au contraire

Saban is off to a very good recruiting start!!

He has a QB better than Croyle and has 2 years with him to go.

They are close to signing #1 RB recruit in the country

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no probs with bama , they groomed namath afterall, but I didn't like saban at lsu & he dicked miami. I just don't like the guy. sec is a tough,tough division & because of saban, i'll root for auburn,lsu & fla .

There is an interesting QB recruiting battle going on now between Miami and Bama.

One of the top national prospects- Marve, gave a soft verbal commit to Alabama before Saban took over. Then he visited the campus with his family two weeks ago and said he liked it, but his comments about Saban were ambiguous.

In the meantime, Maimi had a verbal committ from one Fanuzzi, who was recruited by Coker.

But Marve visited Miami last week and liked it, and started wearing Canes sneakers and caps.

So, Fanuzzi has now committed to Bama, and Marve is going to visit Hawaii (probably for the free trip- I dont think he will really go there).

So, it remains to be seen if Saban lost Marve on his visit.

There is an interesting QB recruiting battle going on now between Miami and Bama.

One of the top national prospects- Marve, gave a soft verbal commit to Alabama before Saban took over. Then he visited the campus with his family two weeks ago and said he liked it, but his comments about Saban were ambiguous.

In the meantime, Maimi had a verbal committ from one Fanuzzi, who was recruited by Coker.

But Marve visited Miami last week and liked it, and started wearing Canes sneakers and caps.

So, Fanuzzi has now committed to Bama, and Marve is going to visit Hawaii (probably for the free trip- I dont think he will really go there).

So, it remains to be seen if Saban lost Marve on his visit.

No biggee here, JPW is there for 2 more years anyway, not a need right now

Duke sucks, Boston sucks, New England sucks, Miami sucks, Buffalo sucks, Shaq sucks, Wade's a crybaby, Theo's a turd, Belli has no class, this whole town is in shambles, Jason Taylor's a crybaby with more experiece, snow sucks, white Canuck rapper Snow sucks, digital cameras rule...

And American Idol is hours of comedy, with drunk party animal judges.

Oh, and Clark's a whiney lil biatch. With a stupid hair cut.

Duke sucks, Boston sucks, New England sucks, Miami sucks, Buffalo sucks, Shaq sucks, Wade's a crybaby, Theo's a turd, Belli has no class, this whole town is in shambles, Jason Taylor's a crybaby with more experiece, snow sucks, white Canuck rapper Snow sucks, digital cameras rule...

And American Idol is hours of comedy, with drunk party animal judges.

Oh, and Clark's a whiney lil biatch. With a stupid hair cut.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

That was an awsome tirade. :yahoo:

40 years for Jets.

Ahhhh - so he has not disowned the Dookies- nice just sticking with - well - dookie. ;)

Archived