A Bush finger in hand= $5K

JetCane

MIAMI (AP) - Reggie Bush was fined $5,000 by the NFL for taunting during his 88-yard touchdown reception in New Orleans' NFC championship game loss at Chicago last week.

Although the rookie running was not penalized for pointing back at Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher or for somersaulting into the end zone, he subsequently received the league's standard punishment for taunting.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the fine Sunday.

....and how fitting, those were the last points the Aints would score that day.

But for some of you knuckleheads to say you lost respect for Bush because of the incident are out in left field,...behind the bleachers. Bush did what many don't do. He publicly and sincerely apologized for his actions and admitted that he was wrong. So actually, I take the other stance, I actually gained respect for him.

The guy is a stud and barring injury, will tear this league up for many years. He's a good kid too. Modest,etc....

But for some of you knuckleheads to say you lost respect for Bush because of the incident are out in left field,...behind the bleachers. Bush did what many don't do. He publicly and sincerely apologized for his actions and admitted that he was wrong. So actually, I take the other stance, I actually gained respect for him.

The guy is a stud and barring injury, will tear this league up for many years. He's a good kid too. Modest,etc....

I wanted to agree with your post.... Then I looked at your sig.

don't knock the bleachers in left field til you tried it. I find the girls who hang out there to be much friendlier than the snots who sit between the dugouts & home plate.

I didn't see the apology but most modest, good kids don't have to call a presser to defend or try to undo their actions.

don't knock the bleachers in left field til you tried it. I find the girls who hang out there to be much friendlier than the snots who sit between the dugouts & home plate.

I didn't see the apology but most modest, good kids don't have to call a presser to defend or try to undo their actions.

geeeesh. Don't be so hard. We all err. Now if he continues to do the same, he will then drop a noth in my eyes....and I know just how much that would bother R Bush.

But think about it, that was a huge play at a huge time in a huge game. Emotions just got the best of him. Anyway.........

geeeesh. Don't be so hard. We all err. Now if he continues to do the same, he will then drop a noth in my eyes....and I know just how much that would bother R Bush.

But think about it, that was a huge play at a huge time in a huge game. Emotions just got the best of him. Anyway.........

yeah maybe but you just don't expect to see something like that from a player on a team who's coach won coach of the year. ;)

To showboat is never right-I am old fashioned that way $5 grand should go to charity at least.

I didnt really mind the somersault or the dance, but turning around to taunt as he was running it in was "bush". But I understand his yootful exuberance, and being excited about scoring a long TD in a big playoff game.

He'll learn, though. As he scores more TDs in the league he will learn to act like he's been there.

I didnt really mind the somersault or the dance, but turning around to taunt as he was running it in was "bush". But I understand his yootful exuberance, and being excited about scoring a long TD in a big playoff game.

He'll learn, though. As he scores more TDs in the league he will learn to act like he's been there.

like T.O. and Chad Johnson??? lol

When it happened a few things came to mind:

1). There was still an entire half to play (Bush scored with 13 minutes left in the 3rd qtr).

2). The Saints were still behind after the TD.

3). The finger pointing and somersault are really going to piss-off the Bears.

The only thing I'm surprised about is the fine. Deion Branch waved to the Steelers defense around the 10 yard line on his way to the End Zone in the AFC Championship game a few years back. He wasn't fined.

The NFL is inconsistent on the fines they hand out.

Archived