New Private Debate - Chad vs. Kellen in '07

Maxman

That's what it looks like. Barton and Ecurb confirm that you guys okay with that.

The best interest of the Jets would be served if:

Barton = Clemens started in 2007.

Ecurb = Chad started in 2007.

How about Clemens or ? started in 07

Straight up KC vs. Chad is biased in Chads favor as there's little chance KC will be able to execute the offense as good as Penny by the end of this years camp.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Clemens or ? started in 07

Straight up KC vs. Chad is biased in Chads favor as there's little chance KC will be able to execute the offense as good as Penny by the end of this years camp.

Not sure about that NJ. Clemens got a much higher wonderlic score than Chad did! :)

Clemens should most definetly start in 2007.

Listen, we know what we have with Chad. He's been in the league for 7 years - 7 years! He hasnt done a damn thing since 2002!

If you say "Clemens sucks", then I guess you think Mangini and Tannenbaum are idiots and will never win a superbowl w/the Jets. They took Clemens in the 2nd rd for a reason, and not for insurance if Chad gets hurt. Ramsey was the insurance policy, thats why he was the #2 QB.

Not sure about that NJ. Clemens got a much higher wonderlic score than Chad did! :)

Listen, we know what we have with Chad. He's been in the league for 7 years - 7 years! He hasnt done a damn thing since 2002!

If you say "Clemens sucks", then I guess you think Mangini and Tannenbaum are idiots and will never win a superbowl w/the Jets. They took Clemens in the 2nd rd for a reason, and not for insurance if Chad gets hurt. Ramsey was the insurance policy, thats why he was the #2 QB.

STOP debating until we start the debate dammit! :shutit:

**** QB all I need to say. Rather have Jarod Lorenzen. I know cause it's a school yard system in Oregon numbers still not that great thanks to him breaking his leg this idiot Tannenbaum traded up to get him.

I'd rather have Barton as the backup QB then Lorenzen. He's awful.

So how many of his games did you actually see?

Lets just cut the bullsh#t. You dont know sh#t about him, never seen him play or anything. And you didnt even correct my post that I put out there for you to see if you noticed, he played at Oregon not Oregon State!

Go check his #s before he broke his leg and get back to me. And oh yeah, Tannenbaum hired Mangini, not Bradway.

This guy is retarded. I'm not gonna have a debate with a schmuck.

Bradway was still GM when Mangini was hired what are you talking about?

I just sent out a few pms, trying to get my coaching staff together here! If anybody wants to be be a positional coach on team Clemens, let me know!

Bro this is a ONE on ONE debate. Steel cage match.

Can you handle ecurb or are you afraid? You let us know.

Atleast we can get a good laugh if he desides to take off and run though lol. Clemens is just a goofy bucktoothed hillbilly can't have a good laugh watching a guy like that bring the Jets to more 4-12 years.
How the hell do you know that after his rookie year when he's never started a game in his life and has ONE career pass attempt?

Bro this is a ONE on ONE debate. Steel cage match.

Can you handle ecurb or are you afraid? You let us know.

1 on 1 debate I can handle, but it would be easier if I had a coaching staff. I already sent out the pms, so unless you want to hack in the accounts and delete those messages like I know you always do.

Team Clemens vs Ecurb

Actually, the one game I saw Clemens play was against USC and he did not impress. But then again, USC is nationally ranked, and is one of the only teams in the Pac that actually plays defense.

But looking at his highlight film, I thought he could make a bunch of different throws, and he looked quick on his feet.

I guess we'll know in a few months whether he is ready and able to compete at the highest level

I seen that too I laughed like nuts. Kellen played in a school yard offense wait till he see's Teddy Bruuuuuceki or Rodney Harrision. Hope he has a Joe Thiesman moment so we don't have to wait another 5 years for a championship if Chad can't deliver.

How the hell do you know that after his rookie year when he's never started a game in his life and has ONE career pass attempt?

One pass to many lol. Watch him in preseason i'm going to go to one just to boo him cause he sucks. Going to laugh when he's third on the septh chart again. Rather watch Herm Edwards manage the clock then Kellen lead a NFL offense.

Correct.

For the 2 Jets fans left who think Chad is the answer: Look at the big picture people. Chad is not the answer.

As a Pats fan I'm pissed at what is going on in Long Island:

1). Let Herm walk

2). Hired Mangini

3). Won 10 games

4). Made the playoffs

It looks like you blokes want to win a Super Bowl. That never would have happened with Herm coaching and Chad calling the signals at QB.

Back on point. Without a dominating defense Chad's 17 TD's and 16 INT's will not get the team anywhere. You blokes need a QB who can throw a 15-20 yard out.

Correct.

For the 2 Jets fans left who think Chad is the answer: Look at the big picture people. Chad is not the answer.

1). Let Herm walk

2). Hired Mangini

3). Won 10 games

4). Made the playoffs

It looks like you blokes want to win a Super Bowl. That never would have happened with Herm coaching and Chad calling the signals at QB.

Back on point. Without a dominating defense Chad's 17 TD's and 16 INT's will not get the team anywhere. You blokes need a QB who can throw a 15-20 yard out.

It's going to happen with Kellen Clemens milking cows? Dude Chad turned a **** team into 10-6! Everytime he's been on the field the Jets have won if Kellen is ever named the starter I might as well root against the Jets everygame till him and Tannenbaum fired. This way we can win again kind of like i'm doing with Isiah Thomas awful GM incompetent signed Jeffries when he drafted Lee. Same thing here wasted a draft pick on a towell boy when he has Pennington a proven winner BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Pennington a proven winner BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

A proven winner of what? Chad was responsible for the resurgence in 2002 when the Jets won the AFCE with a 9-7 record (Tied with the Dolphins & Pats).

What has he done since 2002?

Apart from being injured and laying a big egg in the playoff game this year?

A proven winner of what? Chad was responsible for the resurgence in 2002 when the Jets won the AFCE with a 9-7 record (Tied with the Dolphins & Pats).

Got us to playoff games. Beat Chargers on the road? What has Kellen won? Best muck of the year what? As a Pats fan you have to be rooting for Kellen worst QB in the NFL gives your team two easy wins every year. But for Jet fans to kill Chad when their overrating a GM who had a AWFUL draft! And passed up Jones-Drew for a QB who can't play over Ramsey thats who i'm calling out.

After Chad destroys Kellen again in preseason you guys will need to ban me going to keep laughing at you all. So until then just hope Kellen slips on mud or horse**** and tares a ACL ,cause if he comes to camp and gets beat going to have a good time with you all (YALL) as Kellen would say hahaha hillbillys man.

while Id love to see Clemens take the starting job, I think the Jets would be better off letting him sit and continue to develop and get ready for 08 rather than rushing him into the starters role especially since this team looks to have a difficult schedule for 07, and the pieces around the QB position are still coming together.

Got us to playoff games. Beat Chargers on the road? What has Kellen won? Best muck of the year what? As a Pats fan you have to be rooting for Kellen worst QB in the NFL gives your team two easy wins every year. But for Jet fans to kill Chad when their overrating a GM who had a AWFUL draft! And passed up Jones-Drew for a QB who can't play over Ramsey thats who i'm calling out.

After Chad destroys Kellen again in preseason you guys will need to ban me going to keep laughing at you all. So until then just hope Kellen slips on mud or horse**** and tares a ACL ,cause if he comes to camp and gets beat going to have a good time with you all (YALL) as Kellen would say hahaha hillbillys man.

Kellen hasn't done anything. I agree with that. Then again he hasn't had the chance to do anything.

Do you really think that Pennington will lead you to the promised land?

Penny has had his chances in the playoffs and has folded like a house of cards.

Kellen hasn't done anything. I agree with that. Then again he hasn't had the chance to do anything.

Exactly Penningtons a good QB not great. When a QB gets drafted as high as Kellen he had better be better then starter or you as a GM need to be fired. But Kellen can't even be on the level of Chad which is sevicable to good. Thats why he hasn't had the chance cause he sucks.

he had us in position to advance to the AFC championship in 04. Im excited for Clemens to be something, but at the same time I think Pennington is an excellent game manager, and is very good as long as he doesnt have to be a gun slinger. As long as the team around Pennington is solid, he will be efficient

he had us in position to advance to the AFC championship in 04. Im excited for Clemens to be something, but at the same time I think Pennington is an excellent game manager, and is very good as long as he doesnt have to be a gun slinger. As long as the team around Pennington is solid, he will be efficient

Exactly it's not like Chad had world class talent on offense. Below average rb's Good possession WR's. Rookie OLINE and a good TE. Put up 3,350 yards with all those obsticles if we add a speedy WR and a good RB to that who's to say Jets can't win a ring with Chad?

Like you said he manages the football game not a great talent but he throws a pretty ball and somehow wins the Jets games.

1). Let Herm walk

2). Hired Mangini

3). Won 10 games

4). Made the playoffs

You cant have it both ways. CP was the qb who led the 10 win season and made the playoffs. You cant not give him credit for that and then throw out he hasnt done anything.

Are you serious?

Penny was 21 for 33 for a whopping 182 yards and an INT in the loss to the Steelers that year in the playoffs. The Jets D was in position to advance to the AFCC not Penny.

The only way the Jets win a super bowl with Pennington is with a dominating defense..and the Jets defense is far from dominating..the offense is handicapped and choked with Pennington at QB..were it not for some of those unreal YAC'S on short passes this year he would have sucked..the Jets need to develop a better passing game to take the next step...Pennington can not stretch the field and the coaching staff knows it..which is why the Jets run the dink and dunk offense.

Are you serious?

Penny was 21 for 33 for a whopping 182 yards and an INT in the loss to the Steelers that year in the playoffs. The Jets D was in position to advance to the AFCC not Penny.

That was the best defense in the NFL playing in a big game. Not too many QB's would have put up great numbers.

Yes the top 5 QB's would have probably done better, (as brady proved the next game).

The only way the Jets win a super bowl with Pennington is with a dominating defense..and the Jets defense is far from dominating..the offense is handicapped and choked with Pennington at QB..were it not for some of those unreal YAC'S on short passes this year he would have sucked..the Jets need to develop a better passing game to take the next step...Pennington can not stretch the field and the coaching staff knows it..which is why the Jets run the dink and dunk offense.

Dude you see that play action to McCareins vs the Lions? If the Jets can get a RB that can run he has the weapon of playaction beautiful throw and catch hows that only dink and dunk?

Dude you see that play action to McCareins vs the Lions? If the Jets can get a RB that can run he has the weapon of playaction beautiful throw and catch hows that only dink and dunk?

I'm talking about intermediate passes...something he can't do in obvious passing situations..he always needs a play fake...not a long hope and a prayer..he was horrible against the Bills trying to throw a 10 yard pass to Baker that was way off mark for an INT..remember that?that TD to Cotchery up in New england was another hope and a prayer flutter ball hanging up there with his fingers crossed

Alright who wants to be part of this debate? We will pick one person on each side. Post here if you want in and we will pick the best matchup. :P

The topic is a simple one. The Jets starting Quarterback in 2007 should be __________ (Chad or Kellen).

Make your selection and then prepare to argue why. Please don't post your reasons here. Let's just decide on the two people for the debate first.

Oh and the winner gets 500 in vcash!

:rl: ooops

Thats pretty much how I feel about it. When the rest of the team lets him down, he can't carry the team like some of the other quarterbacks can. He will need a great defense and an above average running game to go deep into the playoffs or to the superbowl. That being said, I think we can get him that. But if nobody beats him out in TC, then its as simple as that, he's our man. If that happens and some time during next season we're knocked out of the playoff hunt, then we should at least consider giving Clemens a shot.

That was the best defense in the NFL playing in a big game. Not too many QB's would have put up great numbers.

Yes the top 5 QB's would have probably done better, (as brady proved the next game).

Love the disclaimer.

Brady ripped that defense to shreds in the AFCC in Pittsburgh with the temp around 10 degrees.

The Jets had 2 TD's on a punt return and an INT return..Pennington mustered 3 points :lol: the Jets should have blown the Steelers out in that game..but..Hermy was terrified.

Archived