Lions Dre Bly on the trading block

CoachTsurfing

He'll be 30 by the start of next season and he would be coming in here to be #2 to Dyson. However, I still would look into it because Bly could have another good 2-4 seasons under his belt and would be a nice veteran additon to the young secondary.

He only has 1 year left on his contract (at $4.2M) and will need a new deal. He's also 30 years old in May & should start to lose speed in 2 years at the latest.

I prefer a 4th-rounder, but we don't have one (and that probably wouldn't get it done anyway). But you pay only what you're willing to pay & put aside lofty demands or what others are willing to give up.

This one's a tough call. A pro-bowler (again) in 2006, he will be a BIG-TIME upgrade for a year or two. Beyond that is anyone's guess, and giving up a day-one pick (3rd rounder) for a potential long-term impact player or future starting OLman makes the decision more cloudy.

May have to stay away from this one just because of Bly's age. If he was 2 years younger I'd grab him immediately if available for our late 2nd-rounder, but he isn't.

If I was forced to come up with compensation?

Our 3rd & 5th for Bly & their 4th.

he was a top 5 corner this year, the only prob is his age and his contract, i wouldnt be opposed to a 3rd but then again how much does he have left in the tank

Bailey, Winfield, Clements, Samuel, Hall, McKenzie...You put him ahead of those guys? I thought he was good with St. Louis, but i don't think i'd consider him even top 10.

didn't watch the lions this year, i'm suprised you think this highly of him.

Would you want dre bly and if so what draft pick would you give up for him?

i would give him a 2 year deal worth 5.3 million dollars

:confused0082::confused0082::confused0082:

I would try to go after a FA CB first, if we cant get one he is worth a look. Maybe they will want to dump him badly enough to take Barret and a 5th.

Bailey, Winfield, Clements, Samuel, Hall, McKenzie...You put him ahead of those guys? I thought he was good with St. Louis, but i don't think i'd consider him even top 10.

didn't watch the lions this year, i'm suprised you think this highly of him.

So... you didn't watch them this year, so that makes you an expert on him?

He's better than Winfield. Better than Hall. I don't know what your agenda is against Dre, anyway. Did he steal your lunch money? Sleep with your girlfriend? Play tonsil hockey with your mom? I don't know how else you can completely put down a top CB who's a multi time pro bowler. He made the Lions defense actually dangerous, before this year. This year, the Lions had no defensive line. So, even with the greatest CB's in the world, if you get no pressure, then the CB's can't cover forever.

On the down part of his career, would rather go after a real superstar #1 CB like Clements or Samuel. I really want Asante Samuel over either of these guys b/c he is 1. younger and 2. knows Mangini's system and has thrived in it. If both those guys work out I wouldnt have a problem with Bly but I kind of look at him like another Ty Law. A hired gun whos past his prime that will only temporarily fix our CB problem.....

Bly will only be 30... that's not exactly old. Bly's a zone cover CB. He seems like he'd be a good fit in Mangini's system, not that I'm suggesting the Jets get him. He's a playmaker and he upgrades any team that he goes to.

Not old but not young either. All im saying is his better days are prob behind him, where I think Asante Samuel is just coming into his prime.

Archived