That experiment didn't last long..

K2C

This has very little to do with the way he played. He had a $1M roster bonus coming up, so they cut him. He might be back.

I wouldn't rule it out. They need all the QB help they can get and Joey is still fairly young. In addition I wouldn't rule out Keven Barlow coming back to the Jets depending on what shakes out during F/A period. Less $$ of course.

and not a minute too soon-I can tell you this; Dolfans HATED this guy-this is really unchartered territory for Miami-they had 2 QB's for two generations-Griese and Marino-now they get to see what the rest of us have had to endure with the questin marks at the QB position

I can also tell you guys who wish we didn't have who we have under center that Miami would LOVE to have Chad Pennington as their quarterback-from what I've heard on talk radio down here...

It is time for "Princess" to move on. His 5-6 record puts him in the middle tier of our $hittiest qb's ever. He's not quite as mediocre as Scott Mitchell or Gus Ferotte, but not half as bad as Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenbergbaumstein, Fiedler, Griese, etc...

Now, if they could only get rid of Daunte...

Actually Leaf was considered a much better prospect when he came out. Brady Quinn will do nothing in the NFL as he has done nothing in the NCAA.

Right. He only broke dozens of records at the same school Joe Montana went to. He only was the face of an epic turnaround in one of the most storied college football programs in all of history. He only ran a pro-style offense as a Junior. I could keep going, but the point has already been hammered home.

Actually Leaf was considered a much better prospect when he came out. Brady Quinn will do nothing in the NFL as he has done nothing in the NCAA.

his nosedive is a further indicator that ND players are generally highly overrated by everyone except NFL GMs. the experts all assumed he'd be top 3 but once the season ended, they bothered to talk to GMs who said "are you fricking nuts??"

Archived