JAMAL LEWIS....

toon88

Hey Toon, what is your affiliation with DJ? He was the coach for the Toros here in Austin and his passing certainly caught all of us by surprise. It was quite the local story. Great guy, nevertheless...

I just grew up a HUGE Celts fan. DJ is my 2nd favorite all-time Celt, after Bird of course. Always hoped & thought he would be a NBA head coach. Very underrated player, and it's a shame that he won't be around when he finally gets into the HOF.

I think he would fit in well with the JEts. But there is a reason why he was waived.

He costs too much and they already have an "up the gut" young RB...

If we can get him cheap it would be the perfect "up the gut" RB to go with Leon...

:penguin: - lets leave this one to the Penguin though... :)

If we can get him cheap it would be the perfect "up the gut" RB to go with Leon...

:penguin: - lets leave this one to the Penguin though... :)

Do you mean Houston as our young "up the gut" RB? He's a 3rd-string RB. If the hole isn't right in front of his face, he can't see it. Not completely untalented or useless, but he's nothing special. Or at least that's how he's looked.

Um, is that good?

means agreement i guess. Jamal would be a better balerina than a HB, he has not been himself the passed two years, and that's behind Johnathan Ogden. Picture the bum behind Brick, he's the next barlow wherever he lands.

Do you mean Houston as our young "up the gut" RB? He's a 3rd-string RB. If the hole isn't right in front of his face, he can't see it. Not completely untalented or useless, but he's nothing special. Or at least that's how he's looked.

I said THEY have an young up the gut guy, we do not. Houston is a career 3rd string RB... if he can stay healthy.

Originally Posted by ecurb2369 viewpost.gif

Jamal Lewis would be a great fill in the gap signing for 2-3 years, as would Ahman Green. Corey Dillon as well could be a nice solution for a year or 2. Should be interesting to see if Tangini takes a look at one of the three starting Friday.

Musa Smith? I guess he's big & young.

Big & young & sucky.

Musa Smith might be the starter in Baltimore this year. The franchise likes him alot or I don't believe they would have made this move.

Musa Smith might be the starter in Baltimore this year. The franchise likes him alot or I don't believe they would have made this move.

He has 57 carries in FOUR years. I don't think they're madly in love with him.

Pretty sure he is a FA anyway.

Well, judging from the fact that Baltimore really wants Jamal Lewis back I think this is more of a pure salary cap move than faith in Musa Smith..

From ProFootballTalk.com: (So who knows how much truth there is to this but hey, what the heck)

LEWIS TO RETURN FOR $2 MILLON?

We're told that the Baltimore Ravens ultimately could get running back Jamal Lewis back under contract, via a one-year deal worth roughly $2 million.

Of course, Lewis would first look elsewhere for something better. But he did the same thing a year ago, and ended up re-signing in Baltimore.

Lewis was scheduled to earn a $5 million roster bonus and a $5 million base salary in 2007.

He has 57 carries in FOUR years. I don't think they're madly in love with him.

Pretty sure he is a FA anyway.

He showed a lot in pre season this year while starting with the first team in the absence of Jamal Lewis, and he averaged 4.3 ypc in limited time while he battled a nagging injury. Before this year he was stuck behind Jamal Lewis and Chester Taylor. No schlubs by any standards. Also, I'm pretty sure Baltimore extended Smith's deal.

Well, judging from the fact that Baltimore really wants Jamal Lewis back I think this is more of a pure salary cap move than faith in Musa Smith..

I only said that Baltimore had faith in Smith in the case they could not re sign Lewis. Reread the post.

Jamal Lewis would be a great fill in the gap signing for 2-3 years, as would Ahman Green. Corey Dillon as well could be a nice solution for a year or 2. Should be interesting to see if Tangini takes a look at one of the three starting Friday.

Dillon's a few good walks from being put in a wheel chair. Jamal has been on a solid decline since his 2000 yard campaign...no thanks on any of them we should go for a back that has youth on his side.

Archived