Thoughts on Travis henry?

MTJ06

Henry to become a free agent?

news.gifThe News

Barring a late breakthrough in negotiations, Travis Henry will become an unrestricted free agent. ESPN's Len Pasquarelli is reporting the Titans will not pay the veteran tailback an $8.3 million roster bonus that is due on Monday. Instead, the team is set to release Henry unless he reworks his contract. Despite considerable discussions again today, the two sides are not close to finding a middle ground that would accommodate both the team and the player.

ourview.gifOur View

This is actually pretty simple. If Henry is still on the Tennessee roster Monday morning, the team must give him $8.3 million. Since the NFL does not have waivers or transactions on Sunday, the Titans must release Henry before the end of the league's business day Saturday to avoid having to pay this huge sum. We wouldn't be surprised to see Henry return to Tennessee even after being cut, because he's still got the inside track on a starting job there. However, unless things change quickly, he's going to be released

Fantasy Football - Newsbreakers - Fanball.com

i'm USUALLY positive. i just get really pissed off when the Jets pass on impact players and try to sign complete crap.

understandable. It would have been nice to have a guy like thomas, but nothing we can do about it. cept maybe call woody and offer to pay the signing bonus. I know I don't have that kinda money.

how much will travis cost us..hes had our number when he played with buffalo..hes still young would be a good back

i really don't know. i wouldn't think he would get a TON of money...but this year, with all of the extra money, i have no idea.

i really don't know. i wouldn't think he would get a TON of money...but this year, with all of the extra money, i have no idea.

hes proven more then any back out there right now.....hes better then brown, green, and turner jordan....hes still got the speed and moves to take it to the house

Henry to become a free agent?

news.gifThe News

Barring a late breakthrough in negotiations, Travis Henry will become an unrestricted free agent. ESPN's Len Pasquarelli is reporting the Titans will not pay the veteran tailback an $8.3 million roster bonus that is due on Monday. Instead, the team is set to release Henry unless he reworks his contract. Despite considerable discussions again today, the two sides are not close to finding a middle ground that would accommodate both the team and the player.

ourview.gifOur View

This is actually pretty simple. If Henry is still on the Tennessee roster Monday morning, the team must give him $8.3 million. Since the NFL does not have waivers or transactions on Sunday, the Titans must release Henry before the end of the league's business day Saturday to avoid having to pay this huge sum. We wouldn't be surprised to see Henry return to Tennessee even after being cut, because he's still got the inside track on a starting job there. However, unless things change quickly, he's going to be released

Fantasy Football - Newsbreakers - Fanball.com

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT - THAT IS REAL INTRESTING. HENRY WAS PUTING UP REALLY NICE NUMBERS LAST SEASON AND i'VE ALWAYS LIKED HIM. UNLIKE THE OTHER OPTIONS OF TURNER,MAGAHEE AND LEWIS - THE JETS MIGHT GET HIM FOR A DECENT PRICE AND HAVE A PLAYER THAT COULD MAKE A LARGE AND IMMEDIATE IMPACT! tHIS IS VERY EXCITING NEWS INDEED. i SAY THEY GO AFTER HIM HARD AND FAST IF HE IS RELEASED. IF THEY CONTINUE TO DRAG THEIR FEET LIKE SO FAR HE WILL BE GONE AS QUICKLY AS THE OTHER F.A.'S WE'VE WATCHED DISAPPEAR FROM THE SIDELINE. NO 2 WAYS ABOUT IT - I WANT THIS GUY ON MY TEAM!!!!!! :box:

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT - THAT IS REAL INTRESTING. HENRY WAS PUTING UP REALLY NICE NUMBERS LAST SEASON AND i'VE ALWAYS LIKED HIM. UNLIKE THE OTHER OPTIONS OF TURNER,MAGAHEE AND LEWIS - THE JETS MIGHT GET HIM FOR A DECENT PRICE AND HAVE A PLAYER THAT COULD MAKE A LARGE AND IMMEDIATE IMPACT! tHIS IS VERY EXCITING NEWS INDEED. i SAY THEY GO AFTER HIM HARD AND FAST IF HE IS RELEASED. IF THEY CONTINUE TO DRAG THEIR FEET LIKE SO FAR HE WILL BE GONE AS QUICKLY AS THE OTHER F.A.'S WE'VE WATCHED DISAPPEAR FROM THE SIDELINE. NO 2 WAYS ABOUT IT - I WANT THIS GUY ON MY TEAM!!!!!! :box:

capslock.jpg

I've been saying this for months.

He's used to the AFC East, he's used to ****ty weather, he was a very good back in Buffalo who got ran out because they thought Willis McGahee was the second coming of O.J. Simpson. He goes to Tennessee, he gets nicked up, finally gets his real chance in the second half of last season and lights it up.

BRING TRAVIS HENRY BACK TO THE AFC EAST BABY!

Travis Henry: Titans Hope to Strike Long-Term Deal

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Friday, March 2, 2007

Update: The Titans continue to negotiate with Henry on a long-term deal, and there is optimism that a deal is within striking distance, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: Henry is under contract through 2009 but has an $8.5 million roster bonus that is due Monday, and the team won't likely pay it. While it's clear that the Titans want him back, there's at least a chance the team could release Henry and then attempt to re-sign him later. Stay tuned.

he was a very good back in Buffalo who got ran out because they thought Willis McGahee was the second coming of O.J. Simpson.

Revisionist history. Henry was the one who bitched and moaned about wanting to play or be moved. So, they moved him.

He had a good season playing with Young and in Chow's scheme, but he clearly got beat out for the job in Buffalo. He also isnt a threat as a receiver out of the backfield. He and Mcgahee are both better than what the Jets have now, so I'd take either of them, but both seem unlikely.

Archived