We really have a top-notch O

We have that 1-2 punch that all teams are looking for with Thomas the Bruiser Jones and Leon Neon Washington

We have 2 top notch WR's in Coles and Cotchery

On the O-Line we have a franchise LT in Ferguson and a soon to be Pro-Bowl Center in Mangold... Believe me, alot of teams would love to have the Center position and the LT position locked up like our Jets do for the next 10-15 seasons.

We also have players like B.Smith who I feel is going to be a Play-Maker for this Jets team. Players like C.Baker who can make the tough catch...

Im starting to like the way things are going.

I just cant wait for Chad to have a great season next year with great players around him.

Guys who act like Chad punched their mother in the face in 3...2...1....

2007 should be exciting, especially for those of us who enjoy the game no matter who is playing and dont hate the best QB on the team. :)

Guys who act like Chad punched their mother in the face in 3...2...1....

2007 should be exciting, especially for those of us who enjoy the game no matter who is playing and dont hate the best QB on the team. :)

This is not about Chad or any other QB on the TEAM... THis is about the O period.

Many teams would love to have a 1-2 punch with the likes of Leon and Thomas... Just ask the Pats, Bills, and Phins.

We have 2 #1 WR's in Coles and Cotch with a player like B.Smith who can confuse D's at times if and when used correctly.

Then we have a O-Line with a Franchise LT in Ferguson who can keep Chad healthy and a Center in Mangold who could have been the Rookie of the year last season in the eyes of many

Im telling everyone... If the Jets D steps up under Mangini in the 3-4... Look for the Jets to take the AFC East... With or without Chad at QB... This Jets team will be fun to watch

I agree with you saying we have the o-line pretty well solitified, but until we get a good push running the ball (against a good team, i.e. pats, ravens, bears) i will still be a bit skeptical of our overall attack.

we have taken huge strides though, and by the start of camp i think our O-line will have a new member in the starting lineup.

I tend to agree that we have a solid o-line. Whether or not Cotch is a #1 WR is debatable. I think D'Brick performed well for a rookie LT last year, but he does need to improve. Jones, while proven, is behind an oline that still hasn't gelled completely. I think they will improve vastly this year. Our QB is an above average game manager, but he has proven to be unreliable thus far.

If Chad can improve his play this year, and Jones can perform like he has the past few years, and the oline can take a step forward, then our O will be incredible.

That is a lot of if's, but I like our chances.

The Defense has got to be better this year regardless.

The Jets are a scary team this year from a fan's perspective. They could easily compete for the division, but they could just as easily screw the pooch.

Mangini showed a lot in his first year. This year will make it or break it for him. 2007 will determine if the Jets are going to be a competitive ball club for years to come.

I like what I see on paper, but we all know what we looked like on paper before 2005 started.

The offense and special teams are definitely the strengths of this team going into training camp, let's see what it looks like in November.

In case you didn't notice, Thomas Jones is not Walter Payton. He is a solid back, but he will not be a beast unless our run blocking is significantly upgraded.

No kidding. You think we traded for Barry Sanders with people so excited about Thomas Jones.

Jones is a solid back, pretty good, above average for sure.

But I'd be absolutley shocked if he gained 1,100 yards with a 4.0 ypc or better.

Our Offense (as it stands currently) will be lucky to crack top 15 too.

I tend to agree that we have a solid o-line. Whether or not Cotch is a #1 WR is debatable. I think D'Brick performed well for a rookie LT last year, but he does need to improve. Jones, while proven, is behind an oline that still hasn't gelled completely. I think they will improve vastly this year. Our QB is an above average game manager, but he has proven to be unreliable thus far.

If Chad can improve his play this year, and Jones can perform like he has the past few years, and the oline can take a step forward, then our O will be incredible.

That is a lot of if's, but I like our chances.

The Defense has got to be better this year regardless.

The Jets are a scary team this year from a fan's perspective. They could easily compete for the division, but they could just as easily screw the pooch.

Mangini showed a lot in his first year. This year will make it or break it for him. 2007 will determine if the Jets are going to be a competitive ball club for years to come.

I like what I see on paper, but we all know what we looked like on paper before 2005 started.

The offense and special teams are definitely the strengths of this team going into training camp, let's see what it looks like in November.

The Jets should be good this year. The Pats and Jets play the same schedule apart from two games.

These two games could be the difference in the AFCE.

The Pats play at Indy and host the Chargers while the Jets host KC and play at Tennessee. That is a huge difference in competition.

No kidding. You think we traded for Barry Sanders with people so excited about Thomas Jones.

Jones is a solid back, pretty good, above average for sure.

But I'd be absolutley shocked if he gained 1,100 yards with a 4.0 ypc or better.

Our Offense (as it stands currently) will be lucky to crack top 15 too.

The RB Chad Pennington? ;)

The one valid hope is that D'Brick and Mangold will be significantly better in the running game with a year of experience and an offseason workout program.

The one valid hope is that D'Brick and Mangold will be significantly better in the running game with a year of experience and an offseason workout program.

one valid hope is thatEVERYONEwill be significantly better overall with a year of xp and a good off season workout program.

Thomas Jones is NOT a brusier. Calling him a bruiser is like calling Cotchery a deep threat.

And, yes, the Jets will NEVER have a top notch offense with Chad Pennington running it. "Top-notch" offenses must have the ability to score in less than 10 plays, as well as have touchdown drives in which every single thing does not have to be absolutely perfect.

Plus, 2 of our offensive linemen are AWFUL, and Pete Kendall likely will slip as well.

:shutit:

a strong running game will help Chad tremendously especially with play action pass..but will the jets have a strong running game?

of course we will. we have a one-two punch. didnt you read the first post?

...oh yea, and we have a top wr in cotchery as well

Archived