New York City's best baseball team...

Jet/BosoxFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just beat the defending WS champs 3 times in 3 straight days. I hear the new "Canyon of Heroes" will be located in Queens!!!

The Mets used to own the town in the mid to late 80's to the early 90's and the Yankee fans never whined.

Big deal..who cares? it has no bearing on anything.

Stir a little harder bunny tiger.:lol:

Not arguing the point of which team is better right now, but how does 1927 play into how good any team is now?

This why some Yankee fans are just scoffed and mocked.

I think it applies in this context Scott because Bosox made mention of the Canyon of Heroes in his opening statement. Which brings history into the debate and makes the subject of yesterday relevant.

I think it applies in this context Scott because Bosox made mention of the Canyon of Heroes in his opening statement. Which brings history into the debate and makes the subject of yesterday relevant.

I really don't think anyone is going to argue over which team has had more prior success. I think that is a pretty easy debate to monitor.

The issues at hand are where are we today, and where are we going.

if we want to talk about prior baseball, I can go to Yankeecirclejerk.com, or listentomeIamMadMike.com.

I really don't think anyone is going to argue over which team has had more prior success. I think that is a pretty easy debate to monitor.

The issues at hand are where are we today, and where are we going.

if we want to talk about prior baseball, I can go to Yankeecirclejerk.com, or listentomeIamMadMike.com.

No I am just trying to answer your first question. Bosox mentioned the Canyon which brings the history into it. That is why I think KidHuman made the historical comment.

As far as today the Yankees and Mets are even. Two playoff teams who didn't win it all last year. I would say the odds are about the same for each of them. The Yankees have proven they can cruise through the regular season and get picked off in the postseason.

The Mets have an AL type offense and will win a lot. Can they count on the pen to carry them. They are going to need another big starter to win it all though. I think they will try for that at the break.

Anyhow -- time will tell! Maybe another subway series. If Timo Perez hustles this time it could be a different story!

No I am just trying to answer your first question. Bosox mentioned the Canyon which brings the history into it. That is why I think KidHuman made the historical comment.

As far as today the Yankees and Mets are even. Two playoff teams who didn't win it all last year. I would say the odds are about the same for each of them. The Yankees have proven they can cruise through the regular season and get picked off in the postseason.

The Mets have an AL type offense and will win a lot. Can they count on the pen to carry them. They are going to need another big starter to win it all though. I think they will try for that at the break.

Anyhow -- time will tell! Maybe another subway series. If Timo Perez hustles this time it could be a different story!

Agree, I was more commenting on KidHuman's caveman baseball thinking of "UGHH, 26, UGHHH, Look at us".

The Mets are 24 World Series Titles away from being the best in NYC.

Not arguing the point of which team is better right now, but how does 1927 play into how good any team is now?

This why some Yankee fans are just scoffed and mocked.

hahahah.........OWNED and OWNED again!!!

POTW nominee..

I wasnt thinking that, but to be the best to have to beat the best and hostry proves the Yankees are the best overall.

As for today, like Max stated we are even, both undefeated.

We can argue who is better all day long opinions wont change. Lets leave it as wait until June for Interleague play and then take it from there as to who is better, head to head.

As far as record goes, I believe the Mets have a better chance at getting more wins because the NL inst up to the AL's level of competition. Wins mean nothing when all is said and done, it matters who walks away with the trophy. Just ask Cardinal fans, they have the proof from last year.

I wasnt thinking that, but to be the best to have to beat the best and hostry proves the Yankees are the best overall.

As for today, like Max stated we are even, both undefeated.

We can argue who is better all day long opinions wont change. Lets leave it as wait until June for Interleague play and then take it from there as to who is better, head to head.

As far as record goes, I believe the Mets have a better chance at getting more wins because the NL inst up to the AL's level of competition. Wins mean nothing when all is said and done, it matters who walks away with the trophy. Just ask Cardinal fans, they have the proof from last year.

you mean the NL Cardinals ;)

The Mets are 24 World Series Titles away from being the best in NYC.

Yeah, that's relative. Considering that the yankees had a 59 year head start on the Mets. Kudos to them for their success when milk was 10 cents a gallon. I'd rather compare the two franchises since the inception of the Mets in '62. Granted, the yankees still have the edge, but at least it is a bit closer (6-2).

Yeah, that's relative. Considering that the yankees had a 59 year head start on the Mets. Kudos to them for their success when milk was 10 cents a gallon. I'd rather compare the two franchises since the inception of the Mets in '62. Granted, the yankees still have the edge, but at least it is a bit closer (6-2).

You see now, that is just logical thinking. That has no place in grounded debate when 26-2 comes up.

I feel many of the younger Yankee bandwagon fans have no idea that the Mets were an expansion team, and they just saw the high school gear head in his "got rings" t-shirt, and fell in instant man-love infatuation.

Just to let you know, I know full well of the Mets history, setting record for most losses back in 1962 under Stengle. Won their first WS in 69 and lost in 73 to the A's. Won in 1986 and lost to the Dodgers inthe playoffs in 88. They then went thorugh a dry spell and resurfaced in 2000 only to lose the WS again in 5 games. They did break the yankees win streak for consecutive WS games won.

I am not a kid(although my name states). I was 34 years old and have been a Yankees fan since birth. I popped out the womb spoorting pinstripes at Fordham Hospital(which was in the Bronx). I am not a bandwagon jumper as many fans are now a days. I have rooted against the mets as far back as I can rememebr and only rooted for Boston once and that was in 86 to beat the Mets. When I left High School the yankkes were still a pretty crappy team(91). So before you start trying to insinuate that I am a child and a band wagon jumper, please get your facts straight.

And Yes, when you look at Franchise History, 26 wins is the best, so therefore the Mets can never be the best until the get to 27 before the Yankees

Just to let you know, I know full well of the Mets history, setting record for most losses back in 1962 under Stengle. Won their first WS in 69 and lost in 73 to the A's. Won in 1986 and lost to the Dodgers inthe playoffs in 88. They then went thorugh a dry spell and resurfaced in 2000 only to lose the WS again in 5 games. They did break the yankees win streak for consecutive WS games won.

I am not a kid(although my name states). I was 34 years old and have been a Yankees fan since birth. I popped out the womb spoorting pinstripes at Fordham Hospital(which was in the Bronx). I am not a bandwagon jumper as many fans are now a days. I have rooted against the mets as far back as I can rememebr and only rooted for Boston once and that was in 86 to beat the Mets. When I left High School the yankkes were still a pretty crappy team(91). So before you start trying to insinuate that I am a child and a band wagon jumper, please get your facts straight.

And Yes, when you look at Franchise History, 26 wins is the best, so therefore the Mets can never be the best until the get to 27 before the Yankees

Did you just croak and are writing this from the Great Beyond?

Say hey to JFK

Did I insinuate you specifically?

Where in this thread, anywhere, did anyone say anything about franchise history?

Why is it some Yankee fans feel they have to brand 26 on everything they say and do?

Did I insinuate you specifically?

Where in this thread, anywhere, did anyone say anything about franchise history?

Why is it some Yankee fans feel they have to brand 26 on everything they say and do?

because its the fallback argument when things go bad,,aka,, tick, tick, tick or elimated by a wildcard..

very simple schoolyard mentality,,

uh uh uh uh well my dads house is bigger...

Because 26 is the magic number.

When we are discussing the point of it it would seem that it is aimed at me directly.

I guess, if you are a guy who lives in the past, and feels that he has to look backwards in order for validation, go for it. if that gives you grounding and you somehow feel ownership in what was done in the 1920's, emulate the Babe.

Cheesy t-shirt companies make a killing off guys like that.

I guess, if you are a guy who lives in the past, and feels that he has to look backwards in order for validation, go for it. if that gives you grounding and you somehow feel ownership in what was done in the 1920's, emulate the Babe.

Cheesy t-shirt companies make a killing off guys like that.

The past is what makes up the present, and in present times the Yankees are the best team from start to finish.

Bro I know where you are going with this. But it is still a terrible analogy. 6 - 2 is a pretty wide margin. The Steelers only have what 4 more Super Bowl wins than the Jets do? That is pretty close, NOT.

Archived