JETS still considering OT Stacy Andrews

jetfuel

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNYs6882.jpg

Stacy Andrews

Bengals

Jets?

Jets thinking about Andrews

<Apr. 13> The Jets continue to consider signing Andrews to a restricted free agent offer sheet. Andrews has only three career starts, but is a superior athlete and could project as the team's starter at right tackle, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

We Bengal fans don't call him "The Dancing Bear" for nothing. I don't know if he's starting material, but he does add good depth to the line.

Thanks BillyB for the info. We've got some marginal "starters" but need a solid upgrade at RT.

He seems like a great player, but asking for a 2nd round pick is too much for someone who has no experience at all.

I agree, if I had a fourth round pick I would say do it. I'm not sure he's even worth a third at this point. I say we trade Houston for him. Or a player of that type.

I agree, if I had a fourth round pick I would say do it. I'm not sure he's even worth a third at this point. I say we trade Houston for him. Or a player of that type.

I love the draft and want to see the Jets develop their own players but Andrews is a better Tackle prospect than anyone they will get at the end of the second round or later. So, from that perspective its not a bad move by the Jets. On the other hand he will have to be paid much better than anyone they will draft at that point - with a long term commitment and some guaranteed money.

I like Andrews and would be very happy to see him on the Jets but I think I'd prefer them to use the second round picks to shore up the defense and then use the third round pick to select the best available O-line prospect, which will be a Guard.

I love the draft and want to see the Jets develop their own players but Andrews is a better Tackle prospect than anyone they will get at the end of the second round or later. So, from that perspective its not a bad move by the Jets. On the other hand he will have to be paid much better than anyone they will draft at that point - with a long term commitment and some guaranteed money.

I like Andrews and would be very happy to see him on the Jets but I think I'd prefer them to use the second round picks to shore up the defense and then use the third round pick to select the best available O-line prospect, which will be a Guard.

That's what I was gonna say:)

I think the Jets would only do this if we could work out a trade to send a 2nd day draft pick to Cincinnati for him, do not see them giving up 59 or 63 for him, but, who knows. I would love to have him here and move Anthony Clement to the #1 reserve behind him and D'Brickashaw.

I think the Jets would only do this if we could work out a trade to send a 2nd day draft pick to Cincinnati for him, do not see them giving up 59 or 63 for him, but, who knows. I would love to have him here and move Anthony Clement to the #1 reserve behind him and D'Brickashaw.

I dont think its realistic to think Cincy, who considers iself a contending team in the AFC, would give up a Andrews to the Jets, a direct rival, for a second day draft pick.

This guy has incredible size and is a great athlete. Potential is high.

Is it possible they can negotiate over compensation? Instead offering our 3rd rd choice instead of one our of 2nd rd picks? :-k

We night not be able to get a better tackle with one of our 2nd rd choices, so this might be a serious option. But can it be done for less than the 2nd rd tender, or does it actually HAVE to be for a 2nd rd pick??

This guy has incredible size and is a great athlete. Potential is high.

Is it possible they can negotiate over compensation? Instead offering our 3rd rd choice instead of one our of 2nd rd picks? :-k

We night not be able to get a better tackle with one of our 2nd rd choices, so this might be a serious option. But can it be done for less than the 2nd rd tender, or does it actually HAVE to be for a 2nd rd pick??

I think the Jets would have to arrange a trade with Cincy and then make a deal with Andrews (I assume the Jets and Andrews would already have a deal in place). Otherwise, if the Jets sign Andrews to an offer sheet then Cincy can either match it or let him go for the Jets first second round pick (#59).

I think the Jets would have to arrange a trade with Cincy and then make a deal with Andrews (I assume the Jets and Andrews would already have a deal in place). Otherwise, if the Jets sign Andrews to an offer sheet then Cincy can either match it or let him go for the Jets first second round pick (#59).

I'd be overjoyed as a Bengal fan to send Andrews to your Jets for the 59th pick in the draft! We need defensive help in the draft like a Mofo!.

what do you think realistically it would take for the bengals to trade him?

Honestly? I believe they would take a 3rd round draft choice. Just because of the pressures put upon the team by the departure of several defensive players, the lack of production by the former 1st pick of the 2004 draft Chris "Porcelain" Perry, (a total bust) and the suspension of Chris Henry for 8 games, which he certainly has coming. .

Honestly? I believe they would take a 3rd round draft choice. Just because of the pressures put upon the team by the departure of several defensive players, the lack of production by the former 1st pick of the 2004 draft Chris "Porcelain" Perry, (a total bust) and the suspension of Chris Henry for 8 games, which he certainly has coming. .

Billy, is he worth a 3rd as a non starter IYO ?

Billy, is he worth a 3rd as a non starter IYO ?

i was just gonna ask the same thing.

in my opinion, he is worth a late 3rd rounder. but i haven't seen him too much, but i love his upside. and you never know what you are getting with a 3rd round pick anyways, we haven't had a ton of luck in that round. i wanted them to take a chance on him late in the draft, and now he has a few years of learning the position under him, i wouldn't be angry if we gave up that late 3rd, but NOTHING MORE.

i don't know if this has been posted...

http://chargers.scout.com/2/253732.html

Stacy Andrews OT. - Mississippi

A track and field star at the discus, Stacy Andrews was finally offered the chance to try out for a spot on the line at Mississippi last year. Neither party ever looked back. Such were his flashes of excellence last year that Andrews was invited to the scouting combine in Indianapolis in February.

An interesting prospect, Stacy is the older brother of the draft's second best offensive lineman, Mr. Nasty himself, Shawn Andrews. But don't be fooled: he's equally as big, equally as mean, and equally as strong. If he can prove he is equally as good as his more NFL ready sibling, then this projected 6th round pick will find himself a home at tackle on an NFL team. The reason he is projected so low is that Andrews has only played one year as an O-lineman at any level of competition and is therefore as raw as they come, and still learning the game in its most basic forms.

Just like his brother, Defensive End’s are going to need to take a cab if they want to get round Stacy and escape the full solar eclipse of a shadow his huge 6’5 350 lb frame creates. Despite this awesome size, Stacy is surprisingly athletic and can really pass block well for such a big man. It is nothing short of amazing how well he performed considering he has such little experience. This fact, along with his combination of superb size and athletic ability, is what appeals to NFL scouts enough to make him a second day draft pick who could rise as high as the 5th round.

Andrews update

Restricted free-agent Stacy Andrews, fresh off a visit with the New York Jets, is drawing interest from numerous clubs.

If he signs an offer sheet, the Bengals will likely match it.

Andrews is the Bengals' top backup guard/tackle. They have too much invested to let him get away.

Andrews update

Restricted free-agent Stacy Andrews, fresh off a visit with the New York Jets, is drawing interest from numerous clubs.

Andrews is the Bengals' top backup guard/tackle. They have too much invested to let him get away.

yeah i saw that too, i dont' really put too much stock into things like that. they may know what teams are willing to offer and want them to up the ante a little.

Andrews update

I still think a 2nd round pick is too much for him.

billybroome, how can you label Chris Perry a bust when he isn't getting on the field because of Rudi Johnson? When you have a guy like Rudi, Chris isn't going to get on the field too often until one of them is traded away or released.

from what i remember chris henry was suspended this year, i think for drugs?

here's a little tid bit information thanks to the espn insider about andrews:

Grade--> 61

Expert's Take:

Because of injuries, Andrews saw minimal action this season as the backup right guard for the Bengals, but he has played both guard and tackle during his career. Andrews is an absolute massive physical specimen who runs extremely well for such a big man. He is a good athlete, has huge hands and very long arms. Andrews has a lot of upside. He bends at the knees well, has impressive lateral agility and is light on his feet for his size. While he is very physically impressive, Andrews looks much better than he plays at this point, although he does continue to improve. He is still very raw and rather inconsistent. As tall as he is, his pad level can be a problem. His blocking angles, awareness, hand placement and overall technique still need a lot of work. While he is versatile, he has been a liability on the edge against speed rushers and clearly is best at guard. Andrews still has a chance to develop into a fine starting lineman, but he must dedicate himself to become better and work harder to fulfill his promise.

*Note on Grading System*:

60-69: Average Starter

A valuable roster player but not a dominant player against the better players he faces on a weekly basis. ... Gives great effort and teams are glad to have him, but he may or may not go to the next level.

So the question is, is he really worth that late 2nd rd pick? Or even a 3rd?

Archived