Official Fight Night Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De La Hoya will see he lost decisvely when he pops in the tape, but what match was that first judge watching?

And I wonder how much money Floyd Sr. was given to tell that ESPN reporter Oscar should have won just to create a controversy and generate interest in a rematch.

Props to Mayweather, all questions answered. He is the man. Hope he doesnt retire.

Didn't watch it.

Could've saved you all $64.95-this is all a setup to bleed you again with the rematch. This was never going to be the fight to "save boxing", just another instance of boxing treating what fans it has left as marks to be conned. PT Barnum must be laughing somewhere.

But there really isnt anything uncommon about rematches in boxing. If Don King or Bob Arum were involved then I'd tend to agree with you, but I just think both fighters had a style that didnt mesh well and the match was destined for a boring 12 round decision.

De La Hoya was not fast enough to size up Mayweather and he was too good defensively to get dominated by Mayweather's offense, and Mayweather just isnt an aggressive fighter. He throws singular punches, collects his points, and wins.

Another snoozer by Mayweather just like all his fights. Jab and run jab and run. Sure its the sweet science and no one is faster, but his fights as almost as bad as watching a John Ruiz fight. I'll pass, he's no warrior.

Another example to not pay the ridiculous pay per view price to watch. The pre fight hype was more exciting than the actual match.
I'd be very curious what the total numbers where on PPV buys. I figure it's a lot lower than their projections.

That is some BS, DLH had that fight.

really? I didnt see, but the paper this morning said EVERY media outlet scored the fight for Merriweather except the one judge.

Punch stats also HEAVILY favored MW..

what did you see that no one else did?

Or was it bet related? ;)

Archived