Herm brings up New York in his latest Q&A

BP

how the **** does this numbskull find time for a 12 page interview every other day? this one interview contains more words than mangini has spoken to his wife in 10 years!!

He has lots of time on his hands,and he has to tell the press everything the Chiefs are doing..I don't miss this dip**** at all.

how the **** does this numbskull find time for a 12 page interview every other day? this one interview contains more words than mangini has spoken to his wife in 10 years!!

What did I say in the other Herm thread about him and Mangini being COMPLETE opposites?? Its been proven true time and time again.

POTW nom...:cheers:

It never gets old. If there was a Herm channel on cable I would watch it way too much. As long as he is coaching any team but the Jets I can be entertained by every nonsensical, circular, cliche riddled, border line retarded statement he can make. I love the emphatic statement about how every position will be up for competition and then just a couple of questions later about will he bring in another kicker he gives a just as emphatic no. The guy is a priceless stooge.

Jerricho Cotchery

Herm already appologised for that and NYJUNC says it didn't happen anyway (Cotchery being buried on the bench).

"It wasn't me your honor because I wasn't there. Even if it was me you need to show mercy becuase I come from a broken home".

The thing about Herm that I think is truly brilliant is the way that he sets up the excuses for failure way in advance. Sometimes years in advance.

Almost like an avid gardener fanatically guarding against weeds, insects and weather while he intently watches his garden growing every day. Herm cultivates excuses the way that some people cultivate orchids or roses. A good excuse does not simply emerge one day fully formed. Oh no, it needs to planted as a seed and then experty brought to the point where it can return the investment that has been put into it.

Teddy Cottrell and Paul Hackett were cases in point. Does anybody remember that it was Herm who put them in there in the first place and Herm as the CEO who retained them? No, the Herm spin started out that he was being too loyal to his guys... Loyalty is a character issue with Herm after all. Sweeping the corners and all that. The First time they screwed up, it was then then that he would have to take closer control of the play calling. reluctantly of course. Finally when the world was screaming for a change, Herm somehow gets credit for making the change. A bit like Bush with Rumsfeld at the end.

The Current Offensive coordinator is an as-yet-unplayed-excuse-card but one who is being ripened on the vine quite nicely by Herm. Anyone who watched the Jets will recorgnize that pattern. Then we have the whole "aging team" thing. That can potentially pay off many times over in the excuse department. In the short term you can get mileage out of the fact that you are being loyal to veterans but, regretfully they are an aging group after all... Perhaps you are being too nice for your own good.... If you need to bring in youth then you get to have those excuses relating to the notion that young guys need time to learn.

Change coordinators? Time to learn. Time to adjust.

Somewhere down the line you may even get to have the political cover for a full rebuilding effort.

Herm is a master at all of this.

Holy crap, that is funny !!!!! :P:D

Archived