THE END OF TAILGATING @ MEADOWLANDS

jimfire

JUST RECEIVED A LETTER STATING ALL TICKET HOLDERS WITH 5 SEATS OR LESS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE 1 AND ONLY 1 "PARKING PERMIT" WHICH GIVES YOU THE PRIVLEDGE OF PAYING YOUR YOUR $15 TO PARK. SO ONLY ONE CAR WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARK @ COMPLEX PER GAME. THE COST WILL BE $150 WHICH MUST BE PURCHASED PRIOR TO JUNE 15TH. NO EXTRA PERMITS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE. IF YOU DONT HAVE A PERMIT YOU WILL BE SHUTTLED TO THE GAME FROM REMOTE LOTS SEVERAL MILES AWAY.(UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME) THEY CLAIM THE NEW RAIL LINK WORK IS THE REASON. YOU RECEIVE ONE PERMIT PER GAME. (CAN BE TRADED OFF WITH YOUR TICKETS, IF SO INCLINED) NO MORE RESERVED PARKING IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR EITHER. THIS IS GONNA BLOW

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can you imagine those shuttle rides?

they'd probably be fun.

this is good for global warming. Sorry to people who have had season tickets for a while and are unhappy with changes, but if you don't like it ... sitting at home with a sandwich, watchin' the game in high definition isn't a bad option in my book.

typical response greenscreen..screw the season ticket holders who are complaining as they have received almost annual increases on a product that has yet produced a championship. Us fortunate ones should embrace increased costs...

I don't know how I feel.

On one hand, **** THE MAN!!! HE CAN'T TAKE MY MONEY!!!

On the other hand, I only drive with one car and always go and always pay $15 a game, times 10 games = $150. So, really no difference.

Also, if it means less traffic, well... that is good.

As long as I can tailgate, drink, eat and maybe swing by 16H I will be happy.

BZ

Is this a temporary thing until the new stadium is completed, since the construction will take up a major portion of the lot?

Funny, people complained about the lack of tailgating if the stadium was built on the west side of Manhattan, preferring Jersey or Queens.

Is this a temporary thing until the new stadium is completed, since the construction will take up a major portion of the lot?

Funny, people complained about the lack of tailgating if the stadium was built on the west side of Manhattan, preferring Jersey or Queens.

They will complain about anything. If it were free and they handed out free beer, someone here would complain about the traffic (probably me).

BZ

does that mean that all us pions who are just on the waitlist or not season tix holders ...wont get to park in the meadowlands? and have to do this shuttle thing?

that totally stinks!

That's only for Pats fans. Jets fans eat and drink on the house! ;-)

I'm headed down the same road. Kraft has decided that Foxboro is going to be a retail destination and is building all kinds of stuff down there.

I may be taking a shuttle bus myself as the parking lots are construction sites.

I expect at least a beer when I'm down in Jersey for the opening game!

you know what i'm tired of all the complaining by season ticket holders. no offense but i live in cali and cannot even watch all jets games. last year they cut a prime time jets vs chicago on fox. they showed the whole pregame **** by terry bradshaw and howie long but game time they switched to "married with children". we should be the one complaining. "if you dont like the terms dont get the perms" thats what i have to say about that

Well now I'm completely confused.

We have the tickets from a company and they purchase 6 tickets a year. 4 go to 4 guys, 2 go to me and my father. So, since they have 6 tickets, does that mean that they do not have to pay the Parking Permit before hand and we will just have to pay the $15 on gameday? Whats going on...?

you know what i'm tired of all the complaining by season ticket holders. no offense but i live in cali and cannot even watch all jets games. last year they cut a prime time jets vs chicago on fox. they showed the whole pregame **** by terry bradshaw and howie long but game time they switched to "married with children". we should be the one complaining. "if you dont like the terms dont get the perms" thats what i have to say about that

You know what mate? I've heard the same song from everyone who doesn't have season tix. I'm sorry you happen to live in Cali.

For those of us who have season tickets we get f-d over all the time. We pay our money (more and more every year) and I'm sick and tired over hearing from people who live 3,000 miles away saying they would take my tickets if they had the chance because they never get to go to a game.

Nothing personal. I just needed to rant.

You know what mate? I've heard the same song from everyone who doesn't have season tix. I'm sorry you happen to live in Cali.

For those of us who have season tickets we get f-d over all the time. We pay our money (more and more every year) and I'm sick and tired over hearing from people who live 3,000 miles away saying they would take my tickets if they had the chance because they never get to go to a game.

Your owner is a fat ******* who gorges himself on lobster sandwiches during the games while squeezing poor defenseless Pats fans like yourself and Garb for every penny of your hard earned money.

Woody is an ******* also,just saying.

We have the tickets from a company and they purchase 6 tickets a year. 4 go to 4 guys, 2 go to me and my father. So, since they have 6 tickets, does that mean that they do not have to pay the Parking Permit before hand and we will just have to pay the $15 on gameday? Whats going on...?

From what I understand, the company will have to purchase the parking permit, only 1. therefore, you and your dad will not be able to park in the stadium lot, assuming the guy with the 4 tickets is the one who uses the pass.

Also what is going on down there, is they will be inforcing the 1 spot rule that has been in place and never been inforced. George Zoffinger, the head of the Sports Complex, was talking about this a week or so ago, it was in the Bergen Record when they were doing a story about Xanadu. Right now, the whole south-east lot, just off RT. 120, is ripped up and under construction. soon they will be moving onto the other side of the stadium, near Rt. 3.

Bottom line is tailgating as we know it there is done for a while.

Your owner is a fat ******* who gorges himself on lobster sandwiches during the games while squeezing poor defenseless Pats fans like yourself and Garb for every penny of your hard earned money.

Woody is an ******* also,just saying.

I hate Kraft. When I purchased my season tickets in 1992 they were $27 (5 yard line, 7 rows from the field) now they are $125 and parking is $35.

The only good thing Kraft has done was not going the PSL route when he built Gillette. I can live with that.

I feel bad for the Jets season tickets holders as they are going to be F-d over big time with the new Stadium.

I hate Kraft. When I purchased my season tickets in 1992 they were $27 (5 yard line, 7 rows from the field) now they are $125 and parking is $35.

The only good thing Kraft has done was not going the PSL route when he built Gillette. I can live with that.

I feel bad for the Jets season tickets holders as they are going to be F-d over big time with the new Stadium.

I dislike that egomaniac Kraft as well. However, it's basic supply and demand. The product is good, people want to "consume" it, they screw the buyers. Capitalism, baby. I just wish Kraft would shut up with the "I was a season ticket holder...blah, blah, blah....I bought the team to keep in in my home....blah, blah, blah.....I did it for all of us...blah, blah, blah." Give me a break!

Gainzo, how bad is traffic 'gonna be once the Kraft Retail/Hotel/ego-plex is complete? It already sucks out loud. Jeezus...I'm not looking forward to it.

I don't know how I feel.

On one hand, **** THE MAN!!! HE CAN'T TAKE MY MONEY!!!

On the other hand, I only drive with one car and always go and always pay $15 a game, times 10 games = $150. So, really no difference.

Also, if it means less traffic, well... that is good.

As long as I can tailgate, drink, eat and maybe swing by 16H I will be happy.

BZ

sorry BZ you will now pay $150 for the RIGHT TO PARK AND $15 per game ALSO

Well,when you go from Leon Hess to Woody it's even worse.

Hess went a long time without raising ticket prices,and only near the end of his ownership were you forced to buy the 2 preseason tickets.

THE PERSON WHO HAS SIX TICKETS CAN PURCHASE 2 PERMITS TELL THE GUY YOU GOT THEM FROM THAT YOU WANT THE PERMIT IT WILL COST YOU ANOTHER $150 (PLUS 15 A GAME )

at least Pats fans have had success to celebrate...the Jets raise ticket prices due to the accomplishment of making the playoffs. I also agree Gainzo I am tired of hearing the "if I had tickets" scenarios...once you got them you would feel the "pain" of the rest of us

Well,when you go from Leon Hess to Woody it's even worse.

Hess went a long time without raising ticket prices,and only near the end of his ownership were you forced to buy the 2 preseason tickets.

I may come off as prick with this statement, but here it is:

The Jets play in the biggest media market in America and the ticket prices have been below market value for years. Parking is only $15! Are you kidding me?

You guys have been spoiled for a long time. Unfortunately the time has come for you to pay "real world" prices for tickets and parking.

The Jets play in the biggest media market in America and the ticket prices have been below market value for years. Parking is only $15! Are you kidding me?

You guys have been spoiled for a long time. Unfortunately the time has come for you to pay "real world" prices for tickets and parking.

The Jets share the biggest media market in America with the Giants. if there was only one team in NY you would have a point.

The Jets share the biggest media market in America with the Giants. if there was only one team in NY you would have a point.

But it's two different teams with two different fan bases that share the biggest media market....which means they will milk the fans for what they can get - seperately, not collectively. That's my guess, anyway. Isn't the cost of the new stadium some ridiculous amount that makes what Kraft paid look like lunch money? What is the figure?

I have a point. The Jets and Giants can draw from a population base 3 or 4 times bigger than New England (6 states, not 2).

Lets look at the pro sports teams in the NJ/NY area:

NBA: Nets & Knicks

NHL: Devils, Rangers, Islanders

MLB: Mets & Yankees

NFL: Giants & Jets

Lets look at the pro sports teams in New England:

NBA: Celtics

NHL: Bruins

MLB: Red Sox

NFL: Patriots

See how jaded you have become by getting sodomized by Kraft all these years? That thief has been charging at least $25 ($35?) for a while now. You (we) are already buying an overpriced ticket to the game, it is just a rip off to get screwed on the parking also.

i'm not maing it personal eigther, but its just sport and entertainment. you can live without it. i work for a hotel and the prices go up every year for blues and jazz festivals. and bike races etc. and some ppl like you guys complain every year. and we say to them. you want it. you pay for it. you dont want it buh bye. ppl pay thousands of dollars for the pebble beach golf over here they complain but nobody listens cuz no one cares. i dont have to care about what you go through because you dont have to care about what we go through. the pointless ranting is useless cuz my ears are not registsering

THE PERSON WHO HAS SIX TICKETS CAN PURCHASE 2 PERMITS TELL THE GUY YOU GOT THEM FROM THAT YOU WANT THE PERMIT IT WILL COST YOU ANOTHER $150 (PLUS 15 A GAME )

Okay, good.

So 1 PP for the 4 ticket group and 1 PP for me and my 2 tickets. I will contact them tomorrow or Monday and let them know I want it, I'm not shuttle busing to games, F That.

See how jaded you have become by getting sodomized by Kraft all these years? That thief has been charging at least $25 ($35?) for a while now. You (we) are already buying an overpriced ticket to the game, it is just a rip off to get screwed on the parking also.

Believe it or not the $35 parking doesn't bother me that much. Am I getting bent over? Of course, but Krafty needs to pay back the $325 million he financed to build Gillette.

My beef is with some people who post here and say they would pay anything to have season tix and then proceed to poke fun at us who do have season tickets because we have the balls to complain about being treated like crap.

I pay $3,750 a year to go to Pats games. Thats 3 tickets for every home game. I feel I have the right to bitch.

But it's two different teams with two different fan bases that share the biggest media market....which means they will milk the fans for what they can get - seperately, not collectively. That's my guess, anyway. Isn't the cost of the new stadium some ridiculous amount that makes what Kraft paid look like lunch money? What is the figure?

The Giants have a die hard group of fans and media..the Jets are often pushed to the back pages while the Giants are on the front pages after both teams win,so there is a ''bias shared media'' leaning the Giants way.

I have a point. The Jets and Giants can draw from a population base 3 or 4 times bigger than New England (6 states, not 2).

Lets look at the pro sports teams in the NJ/NY area:

NBA: Nets & Knicks

NHL: Devils, Rangers, Islanders

MLB: Mets & Yankees

NFL: Giants & Jets

Lets look at the pro sports teams in New England:

NBA: Celtics

NHL: Bruins

MLB: Red Sox

NFL: Patriots

The more teams you have, the less attention and spotlight is on those teams.

Archived