THE END OF TAILGATING @ MEADOWLANDS

jimfire

For me, parking was $10 (arena side) so this is an increase per game, but now I will save $100 by meeting up with the rest of my group beforehand.

BTW, here's the link to the info:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/media/pdf/2007-parking-alert-stadium-parking-policy.pdf

In the coming months, as we begin construction on the New Meadowlands Stadium and rail line, one of our priorities isto reduce overall vehicular traffi c times, ease congestion and provide ample, well-marked parking for our fans.

However,as we work to achieve these improvements, parking and traffic conditions will worsen before they get better. Duringconstruction, various lots will be closed at different times and several thousand parking spaces will be lost for the entire 2007 season.

We understand the short-term challenges this will create for all of our Ticket Holders and we truly appreciate your patience as we work to alleviate parking and traffi c issues on a long-term basis.

As a result of the ongoing construction there will be no reserved parking lots for the 2007 season. Instead, in an effortto ensure that all of our Season Ticket Holders have access to parking at the Meadowlands Sports Complex, we haveinstituted a new Pre-Paid Parking Permit Program.

You must purchase your Pre-Paid Parking Permits for the entire

season by June 15th to park at the Meadowlands. The total cost for your Pre-Paid Parking Permits is $150 ($15 x 10 games) for cars and SUVs.

2007 PARKING ALERT

STADIUM PARKING POLICY

Please note that if you do not return the enclosed invoice

and purchase Pre-Paid Parking Permits before the preseason

begins, you will not be permitted to park in any

of the Meadowlands lots. Satellite parking and shuttle

service to the stadium from yet to be determined areas

will be available. Satellite parking location(s) should be

within 2 miles of the Sports Complex.

We strongly encourage carpooling. If your group has one Pre-

Paid Parking Permit for a game and you arrive in multiple cars,

only one car will be permitted to park at the Meadowlands

Sports Complex. All other cars will be sent to off-site satellite

parking lot(s).

Though we encourage our fans to enjoy safe and responsible

tailgating activities, in an effort to ensure that all those Ticket

Holders with parking permits can park at the Meadowlands, the

one car, one spot policy will be strictly enforced. Violation of

this rule may result in expulsion from parking lots and/or suspension of season tickets.

In an effort to maximize available parking spots for our Season Ticket Holders, as noted on the diagram on the reverse side of this sheet, Pre-Paid Parking Permits can also be used for the lots and parking deck across Route 120

on the Arena side. All parking lots and spots are available on a first come, first serve basis for Pre-Paid Parking Permit holders only.

PAYMENT FOR PRE-PAID PARKING PERMITS DUE NO LATER THAN JUNE 15

Due to fewer overall parking spots, we will sell

Pre-Paid Parking Permits to Season Ticket

Holders based on the following formula:

# OF TICKETS PER ACCOUNT # OF PARKING PERMITS

1-5 -1

6-10- 2

11-15- 3

16-20- 4

21-50- 5

Over 50- 6

Formula based on 2007 conditions and subject to change

dependent on future conditions.

There will still be tailgating, just not a lot of room to do it in.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe it or not the $35 parking doesn't bother me that much. Am I getting bent over? Of course, but Krafty needs to pay back the $325 million he financed to build Gillette.

My beef is with some people who post here and say they would pay anything to have season tix and then proceed to poke fun at us who do have season tickets because we have the balls to complain about being treated like crap.

I pay $3,750 a year to go to Pats games. Thats 3 tickets for every home game. I feel I have the right to bitch.

I am in the same boat. My tickets are $105 each this year and I have to buy 2. At least you have something to show for your pain. Like 4H said, we get hosed for just making the playoffs, actually we don't even have to make the damn playoffs.

i'm not maing it personal eigther, but its just sport and entertainment. you can live without it. i work for a hotel and the prices go up every year for blues and jazz festivals. and bike races etc. and some ppl like you guys complain every year. and we say to them. you want it. you pay for it. you dont want it buh bye. ppl pay thousands of dollars for the pebble beach golf over here they complain but nobody listens cuz no one cares. i dont have to care about what you go through because you dont have to care about what we go through. the pointless ranting is useless cuz my ears are not registsering

You are the one who started complaining because FOX showed you the pregame and then switched to a Married with Children rerun.

Why don't you get DirectTV with the Sunday ticket? That would be a hell of a lot cheaper than season tickets.

All of us here who have season tix (be it Jets or Pats) know what we are doing. I bitch about prices and you call me out. Then again you bitch about FOX not giving you the game.

sorry BZ you will now pay $150 for the RIGHT TO PARK AND $15 per game ALSO

that's not what I get from the letter...sounds like you pay the $150 up front, that's it.

either way, this doesn't guarentee you will park at Giants Stadium, they can still makee you park on the Arena side, and even worse, in the parking garage on the arena side....no tailgating in the parking garage!

I'm headed down the same road. Kraft has decided that Foxboro is going to be a retail destination and is building all kinds of stuff down there.

I may be taking a shuttle bus myself as the parking lots are construction sites.

I expect at least a beer when I'm down in Jersey for the opening game!

Dude, no worries, i have a bottomless keg on the house;)

So, question. If you park at the Continental, is that still considered the Meadowlands Sporting Complex in which you'd have to have a Parking Permit to park there? If so, that's just 110% retarded.

I may come off as prick with this statement, but here it is:

The Jets play in the biggest media market in America and the ticket prices have been below market value for years. Parking is only $15! Are you kidding me?

You guys have been spoiled for a long time. Unfortunately the time has come for you to pay "real world" prices for tickets and parking.

This is an uneducated statement. The Jets prices are not below value. Especially when you factor in that we sit in red seats and they play in half a stadium.

i'm not maing it personal eigther, but its just sport and entertainment. you can live without it. i work for a hotel and the prices go up every year for blues and jazz festivals. and bike races etc. and some ppl like you guys complain every year. and we say to them. you want it. you pay for it. you dont want it buh bye. ppl pay thousands of dollars for the pebble beach golf over here they complain but nobody listens cuz no one cares. i dont have to care about what you go through because you dont have to care about what we go through. the pointless ranting is useless cuz my ears are not registsering

Chad --

This is a message board. People talk about things here. I wouldn't say there is no point. The Jets bend us over every year. It is newsworthy.

Especially when you consider that the Jets READ each and every one of these threads. So you might as well make your feelings known. They may not listen but at least they know what we feel when we voice our opinion.

I don't see myself doing this for too many more years. Seriously it isn't worth it.

Dear Jets --

My A$$ is sore right now. Please call back in 3 months and have your way with me again.

Signed,

Every die hard Jets fan you ever F'ed over

I personally would have no problem with this, paying upfront and having a Parking Permit, if I were in control of it. Thats the trouble of having the tickets come in by getting them from my fathers friends / clients since '95. If they blow it off, we're f'd and so are the people who they give the other 4 seats too. If they were in my name or my father's name and were coming to us, we would have no problem doing so. Another reason why I recently jumped on the list so in around 10 years we can drop doing this routine with the company. Hopefully when the new stadium comes around in 2010 with a few extra seats and some people dropping because of PSL's, I can be in line to get them around 2012.

Well, whenever I get my own season tickets, that will be the end of Section 124. 1998-Present in 124, and whenever the end comes, I'll miss it! But, by 2010, we will all be in different sections with new people anyways.

I personally would have no problem with this, paying upfront and having a Parking Permit, if I were in control of it. Thats the trouble of having the tickets come in by getting them from my fathers friends / clients since '95. If they blow it off, we're f'd and so are the people who they give the other 4 seats too. If they were in my name or my father's name and were coming to us, we would have no problem doing so. Another reason why I recently jumped on the list so in around 10 years we can drop doing this routine with the company. Hopefully when the new stadium comes around in 2010 with a few extra seats and some people dropping because of PSL's, I can be in line to get them around 2012.

Well, whenever I get my own season tickets, that will be the end of Section 124. 1998-Present in 124, and whenever the end comes, I'll miss it! But, by 2010, we will all be in different sections with new people anyways.

For some people it will work out. Just think of the # of people that have 4 seats. They come from different areas. Now they have to drive in together? Less cars is good I get that. But now I have to meet someone who leaves much later than I do.

F the Jets. I am sick of their crap. They will f up the new stadium. They should let the Giants handle things. They are less inclined to the anal rampage we call home. (Yes I know that sentence actually makes no sense. But I am sticking with it).

For some people it will work out. Just think of the # of people that have 4 seats. They come from different areas. Now they have to drive in together? Less cars is good I get that. But now I have to meet someone who leaves much later than I do.

F the Jets. I am sick of their crap. They will f up the new stadium. They should let the Giants handle things. They are less inclined to the anal rampage we call home. (Yes I know that sentence actually makes no sense. But I am sticking with it).

LOL. That was funny.

But on a serious note, Why do they screw us over like this.. Maybe its because they're expecting to win the SB this year lol.. Doubt it but thats just pointless. The best part of the game is getting drunk in the parking lot and eating until you don't feel like walking into the stadium.. The game is just a bonus lol..

So what do you guys think season tickets would cost if the Jets ever did win the SB?

This really is a shame though. This is just another franchise who hasn't won a damn thing in three decades ripping off it's dedicated fan base.

You are the one who started complaining because FOX showed you the pregame and then switched to a Married with Children rerun.

Why don't you get DirectTV with the Sunday ticket? That would be a hell of a lot cheaper than season tickets.

All of us here who have season tix (be it Jets or Pats) know what we are doing. I bitch about prices and you call me out. Then again you bitch about FOX not giving you the game.

first you dont see me starting a thread just to bitch about ****. i never complained to you about fox what are you gonna do fire fox ppl. puh leez. i was just givin an example of worse **** than higher ticket prices.

and who the **** are you to tell me to buy direct tv or sunday ticket.

your problem is that u need to talk **** and grab everybody's attention just to feel important. my post wasn't adressed to you so you need to chill out and stop acting like a little school girl

this new procedure will screw up tailgates throughout the stadium with groups having all kinds of problems of getting together. Arranging rides, finding shuttles, blah blah blah there are many times when the tailgate is the best part of the game, you know when it is one of those days when Chad throws 5 picks, and now the Jets are screwing that up... yahoo!! send me my invoice!!

I am almost glad I got out now when I did. ;)

At least you will still get to tailgate some. Wait till that stadium is built and they ban tailgating all together.

Well that is not totally true. If you want to tailgate you will probably have to drop another $50.00 to go to the "Official New York Jets Tailgate party". Like they NFL did with the Super Bowl last year.

Pretty soon Jets games are going to be filled with the rich, big buisness and B-List celebrities.

So what do you guys think season tickets would cost if the Jets ever did win the SB?

This really is a shame though. This is just another franchise who hasn't won a damn thing in three decades ripping off it's dedicated fan base.

Once that stadium opens the prices will be unaffordable (Except for those who are will to sit about up at the very top of stadium.

Especially with it being "New York" and all that. It wouldn't suprise me to see them double what the Panthers are charging.

default.aspx?id=1638

124, I'm in the same boat. This could su*k big time.

My initial reaction was to be pissed off. If I were a season ticket holder, I still would be.

Since I'm not, and I only go to one or two games a year these days, I can just save a lot of time and money and watch on TV.

Screw you, New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority. You, too, Jets.

they'd probably be fun.

this is good for global warming. Sorry to people who have had season tickets for a while and are unhappy with changes, but if you don't like it ... sitting at home with a sandwich, watchin' the game in high definition isn't a bad option in my book.

What a dope! You do realize that the people who drive to the parking lot to tailgate are still going to be driving to the shuttle area? Furthermore, the pollution created by the giant factory that powers your home, and ulitmately your HD TV, is far greater than the car that drives 2+ people to the game.

My initial reaction was to be pissed off. If I were a season ticket holder, I still would be.

Since I'm not, and I only go to one or two games a year these days, I can just save a lot of time and money and watch on TV.

Screw you, New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority. You, too, Jets.

I think a HDTV is a very worthwhile investment. No way am I taking a bus to the stadium.

So, I skimmed over this thread but I still couldnt find the answer to the question I need and that is, what does this mean for non season ticket holders? My uncle has season tickets and I usually get some of those but I dont ever remember getting a parking pass...Im assuming that means Im out? This makes me question whether or not I want to try and become a season ticket holder...seems like you guys hate some of the stuff that goes down...

So, I skimmed over this thread but I still couldnt find the answer to the question I need and that is, what does this mean for non season ticket holders? My uncle has season tickets and I usually get some of those but I dont ever remember getting a parking pass...Im assuming that means Im out? This makes me question whether or not I want to try and become a season ticket holder...seems like you guys hate some of the stuff that goes down...

The short story is

1) Season ticket holders can buy vouchers to get them into the lot on game day

2) non-season ticket holders can pay cash, but must park in a satellite lot and will then be bused to the stadium

The short story is

1) Season ticket holders can buy vouchers to get them into the lot on game day

2) non-season ticket holders can pay cash, but must park in a satellite lot and will then be bused to the stadium

Short story is I will be watching from home this year...

Archived