THE END OF TAILGATING @ MEADOWLANDS

jimfire

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait...what? if I read that right, we have to pay for the right to pay?! I'm a little addled right now, so I'll have to read it again. I didn't get anything in the mail as of yet. Probably today. I was already mad about the reserved parking thing being taken away. A rip-off, but I'd gotten used to breezing in any old time. Last year it came in particularly handy, because I ran late a lot.

EDIT: I see what Green DNA wrote. It's going to bite, that's all I know.

Ecurb, this is going to be a major pain in the ass, but

WTF, JetNation biggest homer?

This isn’t stopping BZ.

Maybe your award should be change to JetNation biggest fair weather homer. :P

I dont want to ride a shuttle bus... thats BS...

BZ doesnt need to ride the bus...

(I most likely still will... but let me complain dammit!) :lol:

Wait...what? if I read that right, we have to pay for the right to pay?! I'm a little addled right now, so I'll have to read it again. I didn't get anything in the mail as of yet. Probably today. I was already mad about the reserved parking thing being taken away. A rip-off, but I'd gotten used to breezing in any old time. Last year it came in particularly handy, because I ran late a lot.

EDIT: I see what Green DNA wrote. It's going to bite, that's all I know.

at least as a season tix holder... you get ot park at the stadium.. i am on the waitlist... and i will only get to park at the stadium if i can find someone to sell me a tix AND a parking pass.... oy!

at least as a season tix holder... you get ot park at the stadium.. i am on the waitlist... and i will only get to park at the stadium if i can find someone to sell me a tix AND a parking pass.... oy!

Wait your turn - I will be looking to buy a parking pass also greengal.

That is not the way I read it.

You pay $150 and they give you vouchers for every game.

Can someone clarify?

BZ

Your right BZ... I just re-read it as well and it is $150 and they give you 10 vouchers...

This is good news for me as long as whoever I get my tickets from will give me the parking voucher for that game as well...

I don't see myself doing this for too many more years. Seriously it isn't worth it.

Dear Jets --

My A$$ is sore right now. Please call back in 3 months and have your way with me again.

Signed,

Every die hard Jets fan you ever F'ed over

From the guy who builds a website about the Jets now doesn't want to go to Jets games? Jeez... times are tough.

I just work this into my yearly budget like food, taxes, mortgage, etc.

BZ

For some people it will work out. Just think of the # of people that have 4 seats. They come from different areas. Now they have to drive in together? Less cars is good I get that. But now I have to meet someone who leaves much later than I do.

F the Jets. I am sick of their crap. They will f up the new stadium. They should let the Giants handle things. They are less inclined to the anal rampage we call home. (Yes I know that sentence actually makes no sense. But I am sticking with it).

Don't you think the Giants are doing the exact same thing right now?

BZ

As long as we beat madMike when he makes his comeback all will be good...

This two time champion is not going to just give up the crown.

Looks like you have been making some headway though. Quality over quantity.

BZ

What is everyone going to do? My brother and I will be down for the Jets home opener and I guess we won't be taking the car into the parking lot.

We will just grab a cooler and make the walk from the hotel and hopefully meet up with Tyson, 124 and the rest of the crew.

your problem is that u need to talk **** and grab everybody's attention just to feel important. my post wasn't adressed to you so you need to chill out and stop acting like a little school girl

School girl? Thats a decent put down.

If you look at the posts by Max, 4H and other season ticket holders you would realize that we are indeed being screwed over.

I feel bad for my Jets friends who are going to have to put up with this crap for the next 3 seasons.

I will also have to put up with this in 2008 when Krafty starts Phase II of his "Patriot Place" project.

As season ticket holders we put up with a lot of crap and this is one of the only places I can express my displeasure.

The new parking policy doesnt upset me too much. What else are they to do?? Have a free-for-all for parking and then force others to park in the satellite lots??? That would be worse than having a plan.

My biggest problem with this entire plan is they are going to charge you to park in the satellite lots, which Im sure arent going to be easy to get to. My second problem is being forced to pay for parking for all games upfront. Bad enough we have to pay full price for tickets, but parking also? I know my family will be at all 10 games and will use our tickets and parking pass, but it bothers me a bit.

They should cut us a break since we have to bus it to the stadium and not charge for satellite parking. But, they will have to rent someplace to park people (teterboro airport? industrial complex off Patterson Plank Rd???).

It isnt the greatest situation, but what if they did nothing?? How pissed would you be then?

Also, what else could they do??? They dont have many other options with all the construction going on over there....

School girl? Thats a decent put down.

If you look at the posts by Max, 4H and other season ticket holders you would realize that we are indeed being screwed over.

I feel bad for my Jets friends who are going to have to put up with this crap for the next 3 seasons.

I will also have to put up with this in 2008 when Krafty starts Phase II of his "Patriot Place" project.

As season ticket holders we put up with a lot of crap and this is one of the only places I can express my displeasure.

But at least you are getting a Bass Outdoor Shop and another Christmas Tree Shops at Patriots Place!

But at least you are getting a Bass Outdoor Shop and another Christmas Tree Shops at Patriots Place!

I'll make the 40 minute drive to buy a lure and some kind of crappy item at the Christmas Tree Shop........not!

I went to a Jets - Redskins game a few years ago and got bused to the stadium from some remote lot. At the end of the game there were like 25 buses waiting for people and there was no construction going on there.

The new parking policy doesnt upset me too much. What else are they to do?? Have a free-for-all for parking and then force others to park in the satellite lots??? That would be worse than having a plan.

My biggest problem with this entire plan is they are going to charge you to park in the satellite lots, which Im sure arent going to be easy to get to. My second problem is being forced to pay for parking for all games upfront. Bad enough we have to pay full price for tickets, but parking also? I know my family will be at all 10 games and will use our tickets and parking pass, but it bothers me a bit.

They should cut us a break since we have to bus it to the stadium and not charge for satellite parking. But, they will have to rent someplace to park people (teterboro airport? industrial complex off Patterson Plank Rd???).

It isnt the greatest situation, but what if they did nothing?? How pissed would you be then?

Also, what else could they do??? They dont have many other options with all the construction going on over there....

I have to agree with your reasoning. Not only do they have to rent the space

for parking but what about the bus transportation.

In any event I see disaster any way you look at it. If they are losing 25,000

parking spaces that means there are that many people at the minimum that

will have to be bussed. The traffic getting into these lots, the lines waiting

to get on the busses, etc. You will haveto be at the off site lots at 8 AM for the 1 PM

games.

The $150 for the parking I'm afraid will be a bargain when the season starts.

Gainzo we will work something out trust me...granted the plan will start with us getting there at 730 but will just bring extra beer and dogs

What really Sucks about this plan, is you would figure at least if you send your cash in the day they send you the bill and you got your cash in early enough youd be able to request the closest avail. section for your conv. (get your cash in 1st ,get first choice sounds fair right......NOPE NOT WITH WOODY & THE GREEDY GREENIES ,EVEN IF you were the very first person to send cash in ,it`s all on a first come first take spot on came day as long as you ponied up your $150 ,So there`s no rush wait till 6/13 & overnight it

What I am wondering is will they allow tailgating in the satilite lots? I would think if they are someone else's property that the meadowlands are renting for this then probably not, but even if they did, could you really tailgate there and still get on a bus in time to get in for kickoff? That unofficial consession stand in the lot should make a killing i guess.

What I am wondering is will they allow tailgating in the satilite lots? I would think if they are someone else's property that the meadowlands are renting for this then probably not, but even if they did, could you really tailgate there and still get on a bus in time to get in for kickoff? That unofficial consession stand in the lot should make a killing i guess.

Ever pass that NJ Turpike sign comming from the south towards the stadium (2 MILES to Meadowlands ) there`s nothing there but swamp ,nothing else there, I`m betting Woody brought this land for next to nothing since theres nothing out there ,probably added the extra cash for the cement thats gonna be needed on top of the stadium bill (Which we`ll be paying for ) & now all that parking money out there is his he doesn`t have to split it with anyone......

I doubt it. I think its going to be like Miami. If you park in one of the satellite lots you wont be able to tailgate.

Over / Under 100 fights on the buses?

Too many open ended questions to answer your question .(1st) since you said buses does that number include the fights on the Giant shuttle buses also. (2) It says the satalite parking will be within 2 miles of the stadium weather Woody has one of those Oasis things or not set up in the lot will determine weather you`ll be able to drink in these lots or not i`m sure (3) How early will the Sattalite lots open (4) How early will those Shuttles start running from the sattalite lots to the stadium (5) Does WOODY & the GREEDY GREENIES really believe if he doesn`t let you bring your coolers on his shuttlte bus or drink in his sattalite lot (cause he isn`t making a $$$$$ that you`ll buy his $10 beers ) he`s sadly mistaken..the number is under if they let you drink in the sattalite parking lots under 2-1/2 hours & over if the let you drink in there above 2-1/2 hours it`s also below if they let you bring the coolers on the buses ,it`s above if the don`t cause everyone will be power drinking those beers before they get on that shuttle..

This is not Woodys doing.The Meadowlands is building a parking deck and an amusement/shopping area NOT the New York Jets.

Woody does not OWN the Meadowlands.The parking lot is a mess.The parking will be very limited.And rightfully so SEASON TICKET holders should get the best parking available.

Paying the $15.00 up front is no big deal.Get a grip. If you are meeting friends meet somewhere before the game,leave the extra cars and carpool.

Many are making a mountain out of mole hill.

We are JETS FANS we know how to survive and IMPROVISE.

Next we will see parking passes 4 sale on E-Bay for exhuberant amounts.

I just love how the Jets added the preseason games for the parking passes when next to no one goes to those games

Bingo! this is the real reason their doing this ,just another way for WOODY &THE GREEDY GREENIES to screw the fan out of a few more bucks. Otherwise why not just do this for the reg. season games .cause WOODY knows next to no one shows up for the preseason games which means even with less parking there would still be plenty of room for the few cars that do show up for preseason but WOODY & THE GREEDY GREENIES said you know what if we add the preseason on we can bang them for that too..

Archived