THE END OF TAILGATING @ MEADOWLANDS

jimfire

Bingo! this is the real reason their doing this ,just another way for WOODY &THE GREEDY GREENIES to screw the fan out of a few more bucks. Otherwise why not just do this for the reg. season games .cause WOODY knows next to no one shows up for the preseason games which means even with less parking there would still be plenty of room for the few cars that do show up for preseason but WOODY & THE GREEDY GREENIES said you know what if we add the preseason on we can bang them for that too..

To make people pay for preseason parking when the crowds are so small is a travesty in ripping off loyal Jet fans.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soon the Parking Passes are going to be placed on StubHub, TailgateTickets, Ticketliquidator and all the other ticket places around.

& I don`t put it past WOODY & the GREEDY GREENIES HOLDING BACK A WHOLE LOTS WORTH OF PARKING PASS` & them putting them on E-BAY & charging $100 each for them.I don`t put anything past them anymore...

tailgating is a sideshow. the game is the main event. as long as the game isn't impacted i dont' care. I can have a BBQ in my driveway anytime, there are only 8 Jets home games a year.

The game will be impacted when there are a ton of cranky fans who are pissed they had to ride the shuttle bus and it took them 40 minutes to get in the stadium!

Tailgating is not even gonna be affected. I can't believe people are still bitching in this thread. All this means is that you and your crew can't bring 10 cars to the game anymore. Boohoo. It's a miniscule price to pay for building a new stadium. Deal with it.

How about the people that aren't going to get these passes? They don't have a right to cry? You say it is the price to pay for the stadium. But basically we are paying more money to stay in the same spot.

They are building this thing to make more money for themselves. They didn't build it to help us out. Sure it will be nicer and we will benefit from it. But to tell people they don't have a right to whine is not fair. We don't all live 10 minutes from the stadium. Some people will have to take a shuttle into the stadium. That sucks.

But to tell people they don't have a right to whine is not fair.

you have a right to whine and the Jets have a right to ignore that whine.

i'm very familiar with the Bill of Rights, nowhere did i see it written that the right to comfortable tailgating facilities are guarunteed.

it's a capitalist system you can decide to buy the product or not... that's the best way to show your displeasure, give up the tickets.

Tailgating is not even gonna be affected. I can't believe people are still bitching in this thread. All this means is that you and your crew can't bring 10 cars to the game anymore. Boohoo. It's a miniscule price to pay for building a new stadium. Deal with it.

Well, i don't think you can say that for sure. Here is where I see potential issues. Now, i don't know if any of these are going to be actual issues, but based on the info we have so far, nobody knows for sure.

1 tailgating will not be allowed in sat. lots. I would think this is a better then 50-50 chance of being true, since these lots may be rented from other people who will not want the mess and liability of a bunch of drunk fans playing with gas and charcoal grills, and it would mean lots more security having to be used so it would be a PITA for meadowlands personel. This would force people to have to meet someone in the main lots after parking their car and taking the shuttle and walking, maybe across the whole complex, to get to your friend's tailgate. But......

2 Why would the jets want to pay the bus company to start offering shuttle service 4 hours before kickoff? I just don't see why the jets would want to start that service so early. So lets say they start the shuttle 1-2 hours before gametime, that leaves you with an hour under the best circumstances once you wait for the shuttle, walk across the complex, and find your friend, and that maybe will give you a half hour to tailgate if your friends start cleaning and packing to get in for kickoff.

Like I said, I don't think anyone knows yet what the deal is, but these are 2 things that could wreck tailgating for people. This obviously doesn't even take into consideration the fact that a lot of people who buy their season's secondhand will not be able to get their hands on the parking passes, and that may totally end tailgating for them if number 1 on top is true.

How about the people that aren't going to get these passes? They don't have a right to cry? You say it is the price to pay for the stadium. But basically we are paying more money to stay in the same spot.

They are building this thing to make more money for themselves. They didn't build it to help us out. Sure it will be nicer and we will benefit from it. But to tell people they don't have a right to whine is not fair. We don't all live 10 minutes from the stadium. Some people will have to take a shuttle into the stadium. That sucks.

Dude.... BUY THE PERMIT!!!!!

Well, i don't think you can say that for sure. Here is where I see potential issues. Now, i don't know if any of these are going to be actual issues, but based on the info we have so far, nobody knows for sure.

1 tailgating will not be allowed in sat. lots. I would think this is a better then 50-50 chance of being true, since these lots may be rented from other people who will not want the mess and liability of a bunch of drunk fans playing with gas and charcoal grills, and it would mean lots more security having to be used so it would be a PITA for meadowlands personel. This would force people to have to meet someone in the main lots after parking their car and taking the shuttle and walking, maybe across the whole complex, to get to your friend's tailgate. But......

2 Why would the jets want to pay the bus company to start offering shuttle service 4 hours before kickoff? I just don't see why the jets would want to start that service so early. So lets say they start the shuttle 1-2 hours before gametime, that leaves you with an hour under the best circumstances once you wait for the shuttle, walk across the complex, and find your friend, and that maybe will give you a half hour to tailgate if your friends start cleaning and packing to get in for kickoff.

Like I said, I don't think anyone knows yet what the deal is, but these are 2 things that could wreck tailgating for people. This obviously doesn't even take into consideration the fact that a lot of people who buy their season's secondhand will not be able to get their hands on the parking passes, and that may totally end tailgating for them if number 1 on top is true.

Nice post. Doesnt' affect me; I'll buy the pass and be in the parking lot tailgating 5 hours before the game. But I now understand how this can/will affect some out there. Sucks, but I think they are doing this about as fairly as they can by taking care of the season ticket holders first. The first few games will be interesting. I'll probably go to a preseason game for the first time in years just to scope out the new arrangements....

I guess so... I still don't see what the big deal is about buying the permit for your subscription and traveling together in one automobile. I really think this is being slightly blown out of proportion and that tailgating will continue relatively unscathed. Either way, like you said, nobody knows enough to say definitively either way.

Too bad 50% of the jackasses in our parking lot don't make it in for kickoff anyway :roll:

I'm still on the waiting list, but I'm buying one season ticket off of my friend, so this will be the first year where I can get to go to every game. Honestly, I'm too excited to care about anything else.

Besides, I believe this isn't just the Jets doing it. I'm sure the Giants are doing this as well.

I guess so... I still don't see what the big deal is about buying the permit for your subscription and traveling together in one automobile. I really think this is being slightly blown out of proportion and that tailgating will continue relatively unscathed. Either way, like you said, nobody knows enough to say definitively either way.

Too bad 50% of the jackasses in our parking lot don't make it in for kickoff anyway :roll:

I have 4 tix, my account with the jets, not second hand. Two of my tix go to good friends in hoboken. I leave from staten island, and usually give a ride to other friends of mine and my two friends from hoboken usually drive in together, now they can't unless they want to deal with the outside lots. And I have another 5-8 friends who buy a single season ticket off of someone and i am sure they will not get the parking pass because it won't be available to them. If people had the ability to go and buy these passes in quantities up to the amount of tix they had then yeah, none of this would be an issue, but that is not possible, so it will mess with a lot of people.

Dude.... BUY THE PERMIT!!!!!

You are missing the point. Some people won't be able to buy the permit. A group of 4 gets 1 permit. If they are coming from different states logistically it will be tough to get in one car.

Let me be clear, I have a permit. I am not impacted by this. I am just saying that I understand some people are going to be pissed.

You are missing the point. Some people won't be able to buy the permit. A group of 4 gets 1 permit. If they are coming from different states logistically it will be tough to get in one car.

Let me be clear, I have a permit. I am not impacted by this. I am just saying that I understand some people are going to be pissed.

I hear ya... this has the potential to ruin the JETS experience for some...

Imagine a tough loss... and then a long ride back to a lot in the middle of nowhere with a bus full of drunk angry people...

All so they can build another stadium in the same exact spot still shared with the Giants... :roll:

I will just be buying my tickets this year from someone who will also sell me the parking pass for that game.

.......I will just be buying my tickets this year from someone who will also sell me the parking pass for that game.

Dude, good luck, I can't imagine anyone will sell one ticket and the pass. Three people buy from me but i can't sell them the pass.

Dude, good luck, I can't imagine anyone will sell one ticket and the pass. Three people buy from me but i can't sell them the pass.

I buy from a few people who have 2 tickets... why wouldn't they sell me the tix and the pass?

If all they haveis 2 tickets then why not sell you the pass. But if they have 4 tickets

and sell you 2 then they wouldn't sell you the pass.

Pretty much... I will be looking for people with 2 tickets... or I will be filling up my car this year... and buying 4 tickets...

Were this is really going to suck bigtime is the ROAD giant/JET game it was gonna be tough enough getting a decent seat to that game now we have to find someone to sell us a parking pass also to get close to parking in the stadium, I`m gonna have to work OT on this one!!!!

We've got 2 and apparently we're going to get the Parking Pass, so I'm happy, but it's true for those who don't have season tickets the Jets probably won't be shuttle busing them over earlier then 11am for 1pm games, which will effect the tailgating scene.

We've got 2 and apparently we're going to get the Parking Pass, so I'm happy, but it's true for those who don't have season tickets the Jets probably won't be shuttle busing them over earlier then 11am for 1pm games, which will effect the tailgating scene.

I think what time they start the shuttle will be in derict relation to weather WOODY & the GREEDY GREENIES set up one of the money making OASIS tents in the Satalite lot ,cause if WOODY isn`t making any cash off them in that lot ,he`ll want to get them over to the Xanadu lot as quick as possible so he can start making cash & i`m willing to bet WOODY will get Xanadu TO SPRING FOR PAYING FOR THE BUSES/SHUTTLES so they can drop them off right at there door stop & Xanadu will probably charge $10 for a RT on the shuttle & give you a coupon for $10 off any order that is $20 or more

I think what time they start the shuttle will be in derict relation to weather WOODY & the GREEDY GREENIES set up one of the money making OASIS tents in the Satalite lot ,cause if WOODY isn`t making any cash off them in that lot ,he`ll want to get them over to the Xanadu lot as quick as possible so he can start making cash & i`m willing to bet WOODY will get Xanadu TO SPRING FOR PAYING FOR THE BUSES/SHUTTLES so they can drop them off right at there door stop & Xanadu will probably charge $10 for a RT on the shuttle & give you a coupon for $10 off any order that is $20 or more

Woody has nothing to do with Xanadu...

If anything he will want to get fans in the stadium buying $100 hot dogs ASAP

you have a right to whine and the Jets have a right to ignore that whine.

i'm very familiar with the Bill of Rights, nowhere did i see it written that the right to comfortable tailgating facilities are guarunteed.

it's a capitalist system you can decide to buy the product or not... that's the best way to show your displeasure, give up the tickets.

The tickets will always be sold out because you have companies that don't care about the cost of buying them. The real fans are the ones that get screwed because that's where the constant increases and nickel and diming hits hardest. I'm sure nobody objects to paying a fair price for tix, but it's at the point where we are getting effed over. Just "giving up the tickets" is too simple of a solution and as naive as it sounds, loyalty is a two way street. The Jets are becoming like the Knicks and Rangers with the real fans in the blue seats and the "freebies from the company" comprising 75% of the crowd. The pre-season rip-off now amounts to $450 (2 games at $210 each for two tix and an additional $30 for parking). I can afford it, but it's the principle that Woody is sucking every last dime out of us that pi$$es me off.

The tickets will always be sold out because you have companies that don't care about the cost of buying them. The real fans are the ones that get screwed because that's where the constant increases and nickel and diming hits hardest. I'm sure nobody objects to paying a fair price for tix, but it's at the point where we are getting effed over. Just "giving up the tickets" is too simple of a solution and as naive as it sounds, loyalty is a two way street. The Jets are becoming like the Knicks and Rangers with the real fans in the blue seats and the "freebies from the company" comprising 75% of the crowd. The pre-season rip-off now amounts to $450 (2 games at $210 each for two tix and an additional $30 for parking). I can afford it, but it's the principle that Woody is sucking every last dime out of us that pi$$es me off.

Someone has to pay for the huge salaries and constant increase in costs...

Someone has to pay for the coaches... trainers... gear.... flights.... hotels.... cars.... buses....

Sure Woody is making money off all this as well... but its his right to make a profit off of his business...

Someone has to pay for the coaches... trainers... gear.... flights.... hotels.... cars.... buses....

Sure Woody is making money off all this as well... but its his right to make a profit off of his business...

Of course he has a right to make a profit and with all of the TV revenue, merchandising etc. plus the price charged for tickets, he is making a huge profit (even if the financials say otherwise. ;) ) He doesn't have to raise prices every year and he doesn't have to charge full price ($105 per for me) for pre-season games where most of the players will be working the drive thru window at Wendy's the following week. As a long time season ticket holder, i no longer feel like part of the "Jets family" and now feel more like a bank customer getting banged with fees from all angles and playing the role of a cash cow.

BTW: The real value of the team is the appreciation over the purchase price that builds over the years. This is a high value franchise, but this nimrod just wants to squeeze every nickel out of his fanbase.

Of course he has a right to make a profit and with all of the TV revenue, merchandising etc. plus the price charged for tickets, he is making a huge profit (even if the financials say otherwise. ;) ) He doesn't have to raise prices every year and he doesn't have to charge full price ($105 per for me) for pre-season games where most of the players will be working the drive thru window at Wendy's the following week. As a long time season ticket holder, i no longer feel like part of the "Jets family" and now feel more like a bank customer getting banged with fees from all angles and playing the role of a cash cow.

BTW: The real value of the team is the appreciation over the purchase price that builds over the years. This is a high value franchise, but this nimrod just wants to squeeze every nickel out of his fanbase.

I think its too expensive and agree with you for the most part...

Just giving a different POV...

I do drive from another state for every home games and it will be a pain in the butt to meet up with the rest of my group. And it does suck, but I will just have to adjust to the new rules.

At least they have a good reason to limit parking. If they did this when they werent doing construction I would be bitching bigtime. Now, its just another inconvience I have to deal with on Football Sunday.

And Walmart has the right to setup shop wherever they feel like it and stomp on all the little retailers, lol.

I'm in that group that is pissed.

A buddy and I get 2 tickets from a friend who has a total of 8. He gets 2 parking passes. That is not enough for all of us who all tailgate together. We all come from different areas and usually have 2 in each car. It was always a beautiful site when all 4 cars or so are all lined up and we have a sweet tailgate going. Now we can't do that.

I've thought about ways to get around this, maybe meeting in a place and coming together, but I don't see how we can fit all our stuff that is usually in four cars into two.

Now this may not seem like a big deal for alot of people, but having tailgated in one spot for the past 5 years, we've become accustomed to it, and its part of the game day experience. And no, we are not the guys who don't make it into the stadium on time, we are a well oiled machine that run an efficient tailgate.

So bottom line, yeah I'm pissed, but I'll have to find a way around it.

That being said, if there is anyone out there who live in the city and doesn't drive to games, or those who bus it in from bars in LI, anyone with a parking passes for sale, please let me know.

Maybe we can help each other out here....hopefully.

I'm in that group that is pissed.

A buddy and I get 2 tickets from a friend who has a total of 8. He gets 2 parking passes. That is not enough for all of us who all tailgate together. We all come from different areas and usually have 2 in each car. It was always a beautiful site when all 4 cars or so are all lined up and we have a sweet tailgate going. Now we can't do that.

I've thought about ways to get around this, maybe meeting in a place and coming together, but I don't see how we can fit all our stuff that is usually in four cars into two.

Now this may not seem like a big deal for alot of people, but having tailgated in one spot for the past 5 years, we've become accustomed to it, and its part of the game day experience. And no, we are not the guys who don't make it into the stadium on time, we are a well oiled machine that run an efficient tailgate.

So bottom line, yeah I'm pissed, but I'll have to find a way around it.

That being said, if there is anyone out there who live in the city and doesn't drive to games, or those who bus it in from bars in LI, anyone with a parking passes for sale, please let me know.

Maybe we can help each other out here....hopefully.

This is the exact situation I was talking about. Like you said it isn't the end of the world but it does change things. But it is worth it. We get to pay more to share a stadium that like be located several hundred feet from the existing location.

LOL, that current location just sucks. Once they move it over everything will be better!

For those with a LARGE group.Rent a van and meet off premises.

I have 4 tickets and plan on buying the parking pass.If its gonna help anyone we usually bring a large SUV.I can pick up 2 riders on Rt 3 preferably FEMALES.

Guys improvise and make it work.Complaining will not get it done.

Not having NOTHING to complain about would make it a boring season.

$8.00 for a beer and NOBODY says a word??????????

You can sell this line of bull$h*+ to all the folks you want, but when WOODY & the Greedy Greenies & Maras & tish`s are making 6 BILLION DOLLARS (200,000,000 ayear) ALONE just on the luxorey boxes/suites over 30 years so on a 1.6 billion $$$$ stadium that means the JETS& Giants end of the loan each is 800,000,000 each - the $150,000,000 loan eac from the NFL lowers their loan down to $650,000,000 each which means the entire thing could be paid off in about 8 years in fullwill the cash from the luxory boxes alone ,this doesn`t even touch revenue from Naming rights for the stadium, stadium entrances ,giant score boards,or the $5 million a year both teams get in rent from Xanadu nor does it touch revenue comming in from club seats, regular seats, aramak concession, parking $$$ & last but definetly not least but don`t forget the zillions both teams used to get from their fans by buying official Jerseys & everything else that said JETS &Giants on it ........SO DON`T EVEN TRY TO SAY HE`S GOT A RIGHT TO MAKE A BUCK WHEN HE`S MAKING BILLIONS ALREADY WITHOUT EVEN CHARGING THE PSL YET!!!

Archived