Yankees now LESS than 10 games behing the RedSox... how long until they catch up?

ECURB

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees bullpen has a lot of potential yet.

I'll take Bruney and Proctor over anybody in the sox pen not named Papelbon.

And after that shot from Arod, we'll see how papelbon does in a big spot vs the yankees next time. Mo is still Mo.

I'll take Bruney and Proctor over anybody in the sox pen not named Papelbon.

And after that shot from Arod, we'll see how papelbon does in a big spot vs the yankees next time. Mo is still Mo.

The yankees have 2 guys in AAA, Edwar Ramirez and Chris Britton who I'd take over any boston RP not named papelbon too.

Based on what?

The fact that they will have 3 Ace Quality starters in Wang Hughes and Pettitte and the best 4-5 in baseball in Mussina and Clemens.. Thats my only response to you in this thread BTW. I'm not getting into another pissing match with you.

The fact that they will have 3 Ace Quality starters in Wang Hughes and Pettitte and the best 4-5 in baseball in Mussina and Clemens.. Thats my only response to you in this thread BTW. I'm not getting into another pissing match with you.

So, without Hughes, what number staff are the Yankees in the Major Leagues right now?

What teams are in front of them?

Because he has Ace Stuff, Ace Makeup, Ace Stats and has been an Ace his whole life.

I usually ask a pitcher to earn his stripes in teh Major Leagues first, but I will let you have that.

Wang as an ace? What peripheral numbers give you him as an Ace. The normal things that you point to for pitchers to be considered "studs", he seems not to have.

Except for Wins. And we both know those don't count.

Why with the Wang?

I usually ask a pitcher to earn his stripes in teh Major Leagues first, but I will let you have that.

Wang as an ace? What peripheral numbers give you him as an Ace. The normal things that you point to for pitchers to be considered "studs", he seems not to have.

Except for Wins. And we both know those don't count.

Why with the Wang?

Usually when lowK guy's have success the numbers such as BABIP will show that they have been lucky. Thats not the case with Wang. He's a very rare player who can be an ace with 4k9 because of the amount of groundballs he gets and how hard he throws.

Usually when lowK guy's have success the numbers such a BABIP will show that they have been lucky. Thats not the case with Wang. He's a very rare player who can be an ace with 4k9 because of the amount of groundballs he gets and how hard he throws.

So a guy like Derek Lowe would be considered similar in an Ace sense?

Boston has 3-4 good hitters. The yankees have 6. there is a BIG difference between the lineups.

Just not statistically.....and Manny and Ortiz haven't even caught fire yet.

Funny how "some" stats count with you while others don't depending on the subject.

Spelling the word big in caps doesn't make it so.

Just not statistically.....and Manny and Ortiz haven't even caught fire yet.

Funny how "some" stats count with you while others don't depending on the subject.

Yes statistically. Ortiz is having a great year so is Youkilis. Manny and Drew will hit. The rest of their lineup is horrible.

Yes statistically. Ortiz is having a great year so is Youkilis. Manny and Drew will hit. The rest of their lineup is horrible.

Lowell is and has always hit....Pedroia killed the Yanks and looks like a nice major league hitter.... Varitek is on pace for 18-82.

You guys are the biggest group of homers I have ever seen. But hey you got Melky and Cairo yet talk about someone elses line-up.

At points in his career he has been. Including this year.

Ok, I just would not consider Lowe an "Ace".

It is a subjective qunatinfication. Yours is watered down from mine.

To be an ACE in this game, I consider that you have to be a top 20 pitcher in all of baseball.

Fair enough.

I will disagree wholeheartedly in terming Hughes an ACE at this point.

Homer Bailey be an Ace?

Ok, I just would not consider Lowe an "Ace".

It is a subjective qunatinfication. Yours is watered down from mine.

To be an ACE in this game, I consider that you have to be a top 20 pitcher in all of baseball.

Fair enough.

I will disagree wholeheartedly in terming Hughes an ACE at this point.

Homer Bailey be an Ace?

Bailey will be an ace down the line. He's now as much of a finished product as Hughes is but his ceiling it just as high.

Lowell is and has always hit....Pedroia killed the Yanks and looks like a nice major league hitter.... Varitek is on pace for 18-82.

You guys are the biggest group of homers I have ever seen. But hey you got Melky and Cairo yet talk about someone elses line-up.

Lowell has collapsed every 2nd half for the past 5 years. That will happen again. Pedroia is a nice little player but he's coming back to earth and Varitek is in a STEEP STEEP decline. Those guys are not good hitters and won't be over the long term.

Lowell has collapsed every 2nd half for the past 5 years. That will happen again. Pedroia is a nice little player but he's coming back to earth and Varitek is in a STEEP STEEP decline. Those guys are not good hitters and won't be over the long term.

But Melky and Cairo are.... Sorry but I am done with you until you can discuss baseball in a little less homeristic fashion.

But Melky and Cairo are.... Sorry but I am done with you until you can discuss baseball in a little less homeristic fashion.

Melky and Cairo are horrible and shouldn't be starting for anyone let alone the yankees. I've never said anything differently from that LOL.

He went 5 for 5 tonight. Is that coming back to earth?

Varitek is the best defensive catcher in the game. He handles a pitching staff like no other catcher.

Of course not. You're the best monday morning GM in the history of internet message boards.

:shock:

Wrong again bud. If you check my posts I was saying the EXACT SAME THINGS before the season started and as usual everyone here called me crazy.

Archived