Clemens

Gainzo

He had a solid outing. Gave up 7 hits and a couple of runs. Struck out 7 I think.

He has gone 6 innings in both of his starts and has thrown over 100 pitches in each outing.

My question to Yankees fans is do you think he can get into the 7th and beyond as the season progresses or are you happy with him giving up 2 or 3 runs and handing things over to the bullpen for the final 9 outs?

I'm fine with Clemens giving up a couple runs every outing, and only pitching about 6 innings. Tonight, IMO, he couldn't have pitched much better than he did, but it's always pretty hard to get a win when your offense puts up a goose egg.

Thats a great point about the lack of runs for Roger, but you have to be concerned about the strain on the bullpen.

Look at tonight's game. Once Roger left Vizcaino, Myers and Bruney have come in to pitch.

He'll definitetly be able to throw 7 innings now and then.

As for tonights game, Melky killed us at the leadoff spot, big time. He was really bad.

I had a bad feeling about this series, thinking we might lose 2 of 3. But if we win tomorrow I'd feel we'd win sunday too. We should smack Glavine around, but Clippard is a question mark too. We were so close to having 4 or 5 runs off Perez but the balls didnt seem to travel in the wind tonight, and after that Perez was lights out.

I understand you are frustrated but what are your thoughts on Clemens only going 6 innings again?

It's only his second start back after a really short 'spring training'.

We'll see how he does against the AL East.

I had a bad feeling about this series, thinking we might lose 2 of 3. But if we win tomorrow I'd feel we'd win sunday too. We should smack Glavine around, but Clippard is a question mark too. We were so close to having 4 or 5 runs off Perez but the balls didnt seem to travel in the wind tonight, and after that Perez was lights out.

I was thinking the same going into this series, tomorrow's game will be huge though, if Glavine lets up half of the runs he did in his last start I'm thinking the Yanks will win.

I guess BLosux management was right when they said he was over and done with. How has he performed since he left that team? I guess y ou guys should've kept him around. I will enjoy seeing him go into the HOF in any team's gear besides the Blosux. Whos's next ? Big Pee pee in pinstripes ? If he ever wants to win another ring, he may just do that.

As for tonights game, Melky killed us at the leadoff spot, big time. He was really bad.

And the award for the post that absolutely waffles on every subject it brings up is awarded to.............

I guess BLosux management was right when they said he was over and done with. How has he performed since he left that team? I guess y ou guys should've kept him around. I will enjoy seeing him go into the HOF in any team's gear besides the Blosux. Whos's next ? Big Pee pee in pinstripes ? If he ever wants to win another ring, he may just do that.

Yeah, the Sox need a guy that is going to force them to burn their bullpen out every fifth day. Plus, he is a pro-rated 28 million dollars for 6 innings.

I guess Roger should have gotten that fat ass of his on a treadmill earlier in his career then after the Sox told him to step away from the buffet line. Maybe if he did not let himself go and come in at 40-39 his last 4 in Boston, he would be pushing 400 wins instead of 350.

Rog-ah is a mercenary. Going to the Jays from Boston and to New York this year proves it. Rog-ah does not go to his best chance, but places that pay the most. If the Seibu Lions used 40 million of that signing bonus they got from Boston, Clemens would be going "Konichiwa Bitches."

waffles.jpg

And the award for the post that absolutely waffles on every subject it brings up is awarded to.............

Oh shut up already. All you do is attack posts in a thread, rarely actually talking baseball.

So explain, where was I waffling smart guy?

Oh shut up already. All you do is attack posts in a thread, rarely actually talking baseball.

So explain, where was I waffling smart guy?

Well, you claim after game one is over that you thought the Yankees would lose 2 of 3, yet you think they could win Staurday, and if they win Saturday you couldsee them winning Sunday.

You covered all the bases except for a Mets sweep.

Put yourself right out on the ledge.

I wasn't around and didn't see the game. It sounds like Roger pitched well. That is encouraging.

The Mets had some good at bats on him. They took advantage of the Jorge-Roger battery and kept pressure on the bases.

The Mets did what NL teams did to Roger the last few years which was to take pitches and make long at bats.

Roger worked well out of some jams, and give him credit.

Perez had one rough inning where it liked like it was going to fall apart, straightened himself out after a visit, and Gomez saved him back to the corner wall, and Matsui got doubled off.

Well, you claim after game one is over that you thought the Yankees would lose 2 of 3, yet you think they could win Staurday, and if they win Saturday you couldsee them winning Sunday.

You covered all the bases except for a Mets sweep.

Put yourself right out on the ledge.

..No, I said I thought they'd lose 2 of 3 (before the game 1 started) if they lost yesterday. And they did.

But if they win somehow win today, I feel they'll win sunday too. If they lose today (which I think is 60-40), I could see a sweep by the Mets. Basically, I thought game 1 was a must win for the Yankees because of Clippard ? starting the next game.

I dont see where's the waffling there.

..No, I said I thought they'd lose 2 of 3 (before the game 1 started) if they lost yesterday. And they did.

But if they win somehow win today, I feel they'll win sunday too. If they lose today (which I think is 60-40), I could see a sweep by the Mets. Basically, I thought game 1 was a must win for the Yankees because of Clippard ? starting the next game.

I dont see where's the waffling there.

Well, looks like I was correct.

Leggo my eggo.

It's only his second start back after a really short 'spring training'.

He only went 4.1 innings today giving up 7 hits and 4 runs. I think he was again around the 100 mark in total pitches.

Archived