A-rod/Magglio/Vlad/Beckett/Haren

Blackout

People look at HR and RBI as the determining factor for MVP far too often. Personally, the Sox MVP right now is Kevin Youkilis, though, he won't get any consideration.

I think it's Lowell, but Youkilis is also very important to them right now. (I hope I spelled Kevin's name right. I would hate to be called on the carpet again.;) )

A-rods late inning heroics have netted the Yanks what, 6 games? Think about the loss of another 6 games in the standings...that really would have been impossible to come back from. A-rod is the most valuable to his team, simply because of that, then you look at his numbers...

ARod is running away with it this year.

The numbers are clearly there and finally he is hitting amazingly in the 9th inning and has a few walk-off's and 9th inning breaking of the tie home runs (Papelbon's pitch is still in orbit) to boot.

For once since joining the Yankees, ARod is playing like the MVP.

ARod is running away with it this year.

The numbers are clearly there and finally he is hitting amazingly in the 9th inning and has a few walk-off's and 9th inning breaking of the tie home runs (Papelbon's pitch is still in orbit) to boot.

For once since joining the Yankees, ARod is playing like the MVP.

Yeah, for once, except for that other time where... you know... he actually won the MVP.

:roll:

When the Yanks miss the play-offs can you honestly award ARod?

Anyway if they do miss the play-offs all the ARod has to go and Jeter is cute threads will be in full force.

Today you would have to go ARod for the MVP.

2003 Alex Rodriguez Texas---missed playoffs

Just sayin'

Jeter was robbed last year, or at least Morneau was not as deserving. I would have much rather seen Joe Mauer win it than Morneau, because you have to take in account the position of the player and how he's producing to the league average norm at his position. Thats why Jeter was more valuable to the Yankees than Morneau was to the Twins, and why Mauer was more valuable to the Twins than Morneau was. Mauer doing what he did at catcher, and Jeter doing what he did at shortstop, both were FAR more valuable than Morneau doing what he did a 1st base.

Jeter was robbed last year, or at least Morneau was not as deserving. I would have much rather seen Joe Mauer win it than Morneau, because you have to take in account the position of the player and how he's producing to the league average norm at his position. Thats why Jeter was more valuable to the Yankees than Morneau was to the Twins, and why Mauer was more valuable to the Twins than Morneau was. Mauer doing what he did at catcher, and Jeter doing what he did at shortstop, both were FAR more valuable than Morneau doing what he did a 1st base.

I see. So Morneau's .321 average, 34 HR, 130 RBI's, 190 hits and .934 OPS get diminished just because he's a first baseman?

Numbers don't mean everything, but there's a BIG difference there between Morneau and the impact of Mauer's (.347, 13 HR, 84 RBI) and Jeter's (.343, 14 HR, 97 RBI).

People look at HR and RBI as the determining factor for MVP far too often. Personally, the Sox MVP right now is Kevin Youkilis, though, he won't get any consideration.

Thats 100% true, Youks is the MVP...but he will undoubtedly get some consideration.

Mr. May will be formidable though.

Now, if they only give some thought to considering "Intangibles" and "aloofness" to the MVP voting, it could be quite a race in Yankeeland!

right now this is a three horse race between vlad/maggs/a-rod.

A-Rod might have an edge in RBis over Maggs but people are forgetting that Maggs is currently batting 60 points higher than A-Rod in batting average, has a .OBP that is 37 points higher than A-Rods, has K'ed significantly less than A-Rod and who's .OPS is a measly 10/100s of a point behind A-Rods.

I'm not saying Maggs is goin to get MVP, but A-Rod is not "running away" with the MVP award as Joe likes to eloquently put it.

btw, will him winning the MVP matter when he's batting .071 in this year's playoffs?

right now this is a three horse race between vlad/maggs/a-rod.

A-Rod might have an edge in RBis over Maggs but people are forgetting that Maggs is currently batting 60 points higher than A-Rod in batting average, has a .OBP that is 37 points higher than A-Rods, has K'ed significantly less than A-Rod and who's .OPS is a measly 10/100s of a point behind A-Rods.

I'm not saying Maggs is goin to get MVP, but A-Rod is not "running away" with the MVP award as Joe likes to eloquently put it.

btw, will him winning the MVP matter when he's batting .071 in this year's playoffs?

A-rod is slugging higher; A-rod plays a more valuable position

both have equal value in terms of clutch hitting

Mags has 35 ****ing doubles already!! thats amazing!

and Vlad is Vlad.

Archived