It actually could have been worse, Dolphin fans...

TaborJet

I really thought the Fins hit bottom last year. Could you imagine if Jason Taylor walked away before the 2006 season? They might have gone 0-fer the season.

Dolphins | Taylor almost quit last year

Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:30:01 -0700

Harry Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins DE Jason Taylor almost left football before last season so he could try to fix his marriage, according to Taylor's wife, Katina, in a Sports Illustarted article.

Oh wait, it is worse. They drafted WR Ted Ginn with their #1 pick. Nevermind.

I really thought the Fins hit bottom last year. Could you imagine if Jason Taylor walked away before the 2006 season? They might have gone 0-fer the season.

Dolphins | Taylor almost quit last year

Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:30:01 -0700

Harry Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins DE Jason Taylor almost left football before last season so he could try to fix his marriage, according to Taylor's wife, Katina, in a Sports Illustarted article.

Oh wait, it is worse. They drafted WR Ted Ginn with their #1 pick. Nevermind.

:biggrin: Taylor and the Phins are made for each other. I still can't get that picture of him crying like a 2 yr. old after the Monday Night Miracle at the Meadowlands.

Say what you want about Taylor, but I would much rather see a Jet's player crying out of anger and frustration after a loss like that, then yucking it up on the sidelines after a heart breaker.

I would take Taylor in his prime in a heartbeat

Say what you want about Taylor, but I would much rather see a Jet's player crying out of anger and frustration after a loss like that, then yucking it up on the sidelines after a heart breaker.

He's always going to hear it over that because of the way he talked cr*p all game long, not because he got emotional over the loss.

Oh, and I'd rather gouge out my own eyeballs. But that's just me. :)

Taylor was acting like a total ass during the 1st half of that Monday Night game. You would have thought they had just one the Super Bowl . The way he taughted the fans was shameless. That's why when they totally collapsed in the second half it made everything much sweeter for the Jets. Jason Taylor is a whiney little crybaby. :rl:

Andre Wadsworth is more suited for our defensive scheme than Jason Taylor. Screw that prettyboy.

You are just mad the depths are closed! :)

BZ

Yes...........yes I am. ;)

Cr*ppy ass baby. Don't forget that part.

Defensive player of the year, 62 tackles, 14 sacks, 9 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions, don't forget that part either. :)

Defensive player of the year, 62 tackles, 14 sacks, 9 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions, don't forget that part either. :)

Oh, wah. :bag: He makes it easy to be a target. Guy can't shut his trap to save his own life. Like I said, I never faulted the guy for his emotional level, but he needs to do a whole lot less talking, generally.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=550427&postcount=18

dolphinmmj0.jpg

All Miami has is a couple of 30+ year old former stars on the defensive side of the ball, a under achieving Wide Receiver in Chris Chambers and a running back who people believe is a stud but has continued to show, since his days at Auburn until now, that he is no more then a 15 carry a game back. Truth hurts Miami. You may improve a game or two with Green, but in a few years when that defense is 35+ and or retired, we'll see if you can deal with the back to back 4-12 seasons. 6-10 won't last forever, not like its much better.:lol:

Oh, wah. :bag: He makes it easy to be a target. Guy can't shut his trap to save his own life. Like I said, I never faulted the guy for his emotional level, but he needs to do a whole lot less talking, generally.

In general, when the players with the big mouth play on your team, we all love them. But when they play on the opposing team, we all tend to hate them.

And when that player is the best defensive player in football.................:P

All Miami has is a couple of 30+ year old former stars on the defensive side of the ball, a under achieving Wide Receiver in Chris Chambers and a running back who people believe is a stud but has continued to show, since his days at Auburn until now, that he is no more then a 15 carry a game back. Truth hurts Miami. You may improve a game or two with Green, but in a few years when that defense is 35+ and or retired, we'll see if you can deal with the back to back 4-12 seasons. 6-10 won't last forever, not like its much better.:lol:

First of all, Zach, JT and Porter may be older players but they are all still producing. The defense has a ton of young players that contribute in a big way and yes, they are led by the vets. But they're still good enough to be the 4th ranked D in all of football last year, so I'm far from worried. :)

Second, I had the Ronnie argument earlier today on the "other" site. Ronnie shared the ball with Ricky in his first year, then last year Miami would abandon the running game in the second half when they were behind, limiting Ronnie's carries. On top of that, he missed 3 games with a broken hand and played behind a crappy Miami OL, and yet he still managed to get 1,008 yards, 4.2 YPC and 5 TD's. If he had played in those 3 games he would have had at least 1,200 yards, I think that is pretty damn good for a guy that was improperly used last year.

Third, Chambers had a bad year last year, no doubt about it. And truth be told, I'm not the biggest CC fan. But he should have a bounce back year this year because he will be moved into the slot where he will be better utilized. Time will tell if he is a ProBowl caliber player or not.

Fourth, I'm not expecting much from Green. He is a 37 year old QB coming off a serious concussion. When someone suffers a concussion they are more likey to sustain another and more serious concussion. And they don't necessarily need to suffer another head trauma to do so, some people have had a reaccurance from sneeing, coughing and getting out of bed too soon. So that really worries me.

And finally, you're a Jets fan, what do you know? ;)

In general, when the players with the big mouth play on your team, we all love them. But when they play on the opposing team, we all tend to hate them.

And when that player is the best defensive player in football.................:P

I personally happen to NOT care for that, on my team or no. Actually even less so. Makes me cringe. But that's just me. He could be the best defensive player of the year, but apparently it's impossible for him to do it with his mouth shut. Always has been. Wah, wah, wah, belly-ache, belly-ache, belly-ache. Oh, and by the way, wah. Don't forget that last wah.

Bryan Cox brought a lot of fire to NY as a player, but I hated his guts when he was with Miami not because he played for a rival and what he brought to the field. It was the middle finger and the spittle I could have done without.

I personally happen to NOT care for that, on my team or no. Actually even less so. Makes me cringe. But that's just me. He could be the best defensive player of the year, but apparently it's impossible for him to do it with his mouth shut. Always has been. Wah, wah, wah, belly-ache, belly-ache, belly-ache. Oh, and by the way, wah. Don't forget that last wah.

Bryan Cox brought a lot of fire to NY as a player, but I hated his guts when he was with Miami not because he played for a rival and what he brought to the field. It was the middle finger and the spittle I could have done without.

No, JT is a good guy, he just likes to rile up the Jet fans.

Personally I can't blame him, he and his family were walking through NY and people were yelling insults at him infront of his kids. Now he plays off that with the press. He isn't a TO or Ray Lewis type of big mouth, more of a Charles Barkley type.

So you had the best defensive player in football and still only won 6 games? Yikes.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Joey Porter and Zach Thomas have no more than 2 or 3 years left in them playing even good football, Jason Taylor, nearing the end as well. Your secondary is horrible and can you name one time Travis Daniels doesn't have anything wrong with him? As your front 7 continues to age, your horrific secondary will continue to show.

Oh and BTW, Booker better be a Leon Washington type complement to Brown because he isn't carrying it 20-25 times a game, not gonna happen.

Time will tell with Chambers? Isn't this his 5th season? Better show up NOW.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Joey Porter and Zach Thomas have no more than 2 or 3 years left in them playing even good football, Jason Taylor, nearing the end as well.

I'll agree that Zach is getting towards the end of his career, but his play doesn't reflect that. Porter is only 29, so don't write him off just yet. Taylor is 32 and he is still playing at a very high level, you're reaching on that one. I'll admit that these guy aren't going to be around forever, but they're not gone yet. And when they are, the Phins have Crowder, Roth and a few other young guys that can step up and fill in.

Your secondary is horrible and can you name one time Travis Daniels doesn't have anything wrong with him? As your front 7 continues to age, your horrific secondary will continue to show.

The secondary is a weak spot, you're right. But as long as the front seven continue to dominate like they have, the pressure won't be as great. I hope that the FO focuses on the secondary in the offseason.

Oh and BTW, Booker better be a Leon Washington type complement to Brown because he isn't carrying it 20-25 times a game, not gonna happen.

And you know this how?

Ronnie hasn't been given a chance to be a 20-25 carries a game player, he shared time in college with Caddy, not because he couldn't handle it, but because that was the style of offense that Auburn ran. Then he split time with Ricky in his first year and then the Phin abandoned the running game in the second half whenever they were behind last year. He hasn't given you a chance to say that he isn't a 20-25 carry guy.

Infact, Cameron's offense is driven more to the running game and he has hinted that Ronnie will be used at least 20-25 times a game. Cam brought in Sledge from Detroit and Mauia from Hawaii to open holes for Ronnie in the running game and they did a pretty good job fixing the OL. I'm not going to predict numbers and I'm not foolish enough to say that Ronnie is the next LT, but he will become a bigger part of the offense and his numbers will reflect that.

Time will tell with Chambers? Isn't this his 5th season? Better show up NOW.

I meant can he return to his previous form after last year. He is being moved back into the slot and that is where he is most effective.

I'll agree that Zach is getting towards the end of his career, but his play doesn't reflect that. Porter is only 29, so don't write him off just yet.

Porter turned 30 in March.

And nevermind the fact that the Steelers have a knack of cutting players just before they rapidly decline.

Porter turned 30 in March.

Good catch, I checked FoxSports and it said 29. My bad.

And nevermind the fact that the Steelers have a knack of cutting players just before they rapidly decline.

That doesn't mean that Porter will be one of them.

Not at all. I am just saying it has happened alot...

Yeah it has, I just hope that Porter isn't one of those guys.

Im so glad the JETS are in the same division as the dolphins... thats 2 wins a year!

:yawn:

I could make a comment about the Patriots liking the fact that they met you in the playoffs last year........but I won't. ;)

No, JT is a good guy, he just likes to rile up the Jet fans.

Personally I can't blame him, he and his family were walking through NY and people were yelling insults at him infront of his kids. Now he plays off that with the press. He isn't a TO or Ray Lewis type of big mouth, more of a Charles Barkley type.

Oh, you can't blame him? Did you ever see the actual tape of the live game

of the Midnight Miracle at the Meadowlands??? When he dissed the Jet fans

for the whole country to see???

If he was dumb enough to walk the streets of NY he got what he deserved.

Oh, you can't blame him? Did you ever see the actual tape of the live game

of the Midnight Miracle at the Meadowlands??? When he dissed the Jet fans

for the whole country to see???

If he was dumb enough to walk the streets of NY he got what he deserved.

Under no circumstances should you harass a sports player on the street infront of his young kids. If you want to yell insults at a game or write him a pissy letter, be my guest. But there is such a thing as manners and respect, yelling insults at a guy that is with his family is low.

JMO though

Under no circumstances should you harass a sports player on the street infront of his young kids. If you want to yell insults at a game or write him a pissy letter, be my guest. But there is such a thing as manners and respect, yelling insults at a guy that is with his family is low.

JMO though

what if it is OJ?

Or Nick Saban?

I am sure if Nick was in Miami he would be shown the red carpet...;)

Archived