A Glorious Day For Knicks Fans

PeterNorth09

All the Knicks gave up was Steve Francis and Channing Frye. Granted I think Frye has a lot of talent and may be an all-star one day but he would be lucky to be as good a low post scorer and rebounder as Zach Randolph in the future. For those of you who will want to nit-pick the trade and say the Knicks got the bad end of it here are Mr. Randolph's stats from this past season:

68 Games

23.6 ppg

10.1 rpg

Here's the best part: the guy is only 26 so he is entering the peak of his career. He missed part of last season after he got surgery on his hand but this is no Antonio McDyess chronic knee problem Scott Leyden crap, after he hurt his hand he put up 43 points the following night. He had minor surgery on his hand so if he isn't 100% by now he will be come November.

If Wilson Chandler turns out to be a solid player then it looks like the Knicks might have just had one sweet draft night. How bout them apples E-Curb?

randolph_81340.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Knicks..not my favorite but I root for them.

Zack Randolf SUCKS. He's sloppy...overweight and overrated. He doesn't play to his full potential, as he gets lazy. He is the Randy Moss of the NBA.

The real plus in this deal is unloading that bum Francis and his bloated contract.

I like the Knicks..not my favorite but I root for them.

Zack Randolf SUCKS. He's sloppy...overweight and overrated. He doesn't play to his full potential, as he gets lazy. He is the Randy Moss of the NBA.

The real plus in this deal is unloading that bum Francis and his bloated contract.

how many players in the NBA avg 20 and 10?

how many players in the NBA avg 20 and 10?

How many players brag about their stats when they lose?

Yea, that's ****ing Randolph.

Terrible move by the Knicks.

He won't make a god damn difference.

Selfish lowlife. That about sums up Randolph.

How many players brag about their stats when they lose?

Yea, that's ****ing Randolph.

Terrible move by the Knicks.

He won't make a god damn difference.

Selfish lowlife. That about sums up Randolph.

People said the same thing about Sprewell when the Knicks brought him here. They are an instant playoff team with this trade. There are FIVE players in the NBA who avg'd 20 and 10 this last year. The knicks got one of them for nothing. There is NO universe in which this is a bad trade.

People said the same thing about Sprewell when the Knicks brought him here. They are an instant playoff team with this trade.

I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and you are insane. This team has more holes than you can post. This guy in Ny will be a train wreck. His turnover ratio also sucks ass .

I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and you are insane. This team has more holes than you can post. This guy in Ny will be a train wreck. His turnover ratio also sucks ass .

This was the best player they could get with the limited trade chips they have. They said Sprewell would be a train wreck too btw. I'd MUCH rather watch Zach and Curry win 43 games than sit through another 33 win joke. The knicks are instantly a playoff team in the east and watchable as well.

The only way this is a good deal is if Isiah can turn this guy around.

He looks like the Pac Man Jones of the NBA.

Here is a little blurb about what the Knicks latest savior. From today's Daily News.

"The Portland Trail Blazers were committed to drafting Greg Oden and keeping Zach Randolph as far away from the top overall pick as humanly possible.

But one team's outcast is another team's reclamation project. In fact, Knicks president and coach Isiah Thomas believes that Randolph, the talented but troubled power forward, can be a good citizen and somehow coexist with Eddy Curry in the low post."

Some more good stuff.....

Portland police were called this month to the parking lot of a strip club where Randolph and teammate Darius Miles were part of a gathering and a gunshot was fired. When the Blazers visited New York in March, Randolph wasn't with the team because he was on bereavement leave following the death of his girlfriend's cousin. It was later learned that Randolph left a strip club in Portland without paying the bill while on bereavement leave. In 2003, he was suspended for sucker punching then-teammate Ruben Patterson.

And finally Patterson's blotter....

Zach Randolph is on his way to Knicks, bringing a resume that includes more than just 23.6 points per game he averaged this past season. Here's a look at some of his off-the-court troubles:

1998: Still in high school, Randolph was arrested in connection with the theft of guns from a store. Served 26 days in juvenile detention.

2003: Placed on 60 days probation after pleading guilty to misdemeanor possession of alcohol by a minor in a 2002 incident.

2003: Suspended two games and fined $100,000 by the Trail Blazers after punching teammate Ruben Patterson in the face during practice.

2003: Arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after a police officer smelled marijuana in his car.

2004: Suspended one game by the NBA for taking a swing at Utah's Raja Bell.

2004: Questioned by police after his brother was arrested in connection with a shooting at an Indiana bar.

2006: Suspended one game and fined by the Trail Blazers for leaving the arena during a loss to the Warriors.

2006: Suspended one game by the NBA for making an obscene gesture to fans in Indiana.

2007: Spotted in a Portland strip club while on bereavement leave on the night of a Trail Blazers game. Said he stopped in at the club on his way to the airport, where he was flying home for the funeral of his girlfriend's cousin.

The guy can give you 20 and 10. The question is can the Knicks keep him out of jail.

IMO Isaiah is the cancer. He certainly hasn't shown any signs of mentoring Marbury into a more rational player. Not sure how he plans to mold Randolph, but they can't be much worse.

FWIW, McDyess was a cap trade. He had a big salary that was going to come off the books. Layden's plan, for better or worse, was stocking up on European talent, getting salaries that would come off the books and then starting over. Then Thomas comes in and acts like a savior for winning a few extra games by trading all that for another decade of cap hell and getting swept as the 8th seed.

As far as the Nets go, I have total faith in Rod Thorn. I wish the Knicks would have hired him.

Yep, just the kinda guy his new GM would gravitate toward. Does he throw a lot of cheap shot fouls into the mix too?

IMO Isaiah is the cancer. He certainly hasn't shown any signs of mentoring Marbury into a more rational player. Not sure how he plans to mold Randolph, but they can't be much worse.

FWIW, McDyess was a cap trade. He had a big salary that was going to come off the books. Layden's plan, for better or worse, was stocking up on European talent, getting salaries that would come off the books and then starting over. Then Thomas comes in and acts like a savior for winning a few extra games by trading all that for another decade of cap hell and getting swept as the 8th seed.

As far as the Nets go, I have total faith in Rod Thorn. I wish the Knicks would have hired him.

Rod and good GM doesn't belong in the same sentence.

First of all, he fired Byron Scott midseason a year after going to the Finals because Kidd and company were bitching about his coaching style.... THE GUY TOOK YOU TO 2 STRAIGHT FINALS APPEARENCES!!

Second, he traded Kenyon Martin who was at that time one of the most exciting players in the NBA to watch. For basically nothing in return, and since then we have always needed the same thing.... a PF!

Also, there are always critics, and always someone to bitch and moan (ala me in the Darelle Revis pick) but damn, in no way, no stretch of the imagination is the Zach Randolph trade a bad one.

They gave up a washed up PG and an unproved PF for a solid 20-10 PF and a pretty good off the bench PG in Dan Dickau.

Also, there are always critics, and always someone to bitch and moan (ala me in the Darelle Revis pick) but damn, in no way, no stretch of the imagination is the Zach Randolph trade a bad one.

They gave up a washed up PG and an unproved PF for a solid 20-10 PF and a pretty good off the bench PG in Dan Dickau.

BINGO.

I can't believe people on this site are actually trying to badmouth this trade. The Knicks traded a washed up point guard with a huge contract and no place on the team and Channing Frye for a guy who averages 20 and 10 and is one of the best low post scorers in the NBA.

Pacman Jones of the NBA? Are you kidding me? I didn't know Zach Randolph liked to spend his free time shooting up strip clubs with his AK-47. The Knicks are trying to put together a playoff basketball team, not the boyscouts of America. Maybe if the Knicks traded for a bunch of scrubs who had spotless records that would make you people happy. Oh wait that's what they've had for the past 6 years.

2003: Suspended two games and fined $100,000 by the Trail Blazers after punching teammate Ruben Patterson in the face during practice.

Ruben Patterson is a piece of sh*t and deserved to get punched by Randolph. Ruben Patterson raped his kid's babysitter while his wife was in the hospital and nearly beat a guy to death for keying his car. Anyone who punches Ruben Patterson deserves a medal.

BINGO.

I can't believe people on this site are actually trying to badmouth this trade. The Knicks traded a washed up point guard with a huge contract and no place on the team and Channing Frye for a guy who averages 20 and 10 and is one of the best low post scorers in the NBA.

Pacman Jones of the NBA? Are you kidding me? I didn't know Zach Randolph liked to spend his free time shooting up strip clubs with his AK-47. The Knicks are trying to put together a playoff basketball team, not the boyscouts of America. Maybe if the Knicks traded for a bunch of scrubs who had spotless records that would make you people happy. Oh wait that's what they've had for the past 6 years.

Dude, turn on your rep.

THANK YOU!

The key concept of this is....

Randolph is below 25, so he has a good 12 years left, he already averages 20-10, he has no real legal troubles to date. He is a everygame player unlike Steve Francis, and his contract isn't exactly massive.

The Knicks, bottom line, impressed me with their moves in the Draft etc. and I think they aren't far from being a title contender (eastern conference)

Marbury, Crawford, Richardson(or whoever the SF be, maybe David Lee), Randolph, and Curry sounds like a DAMN good lineup... Jesus Christ, I guess people are just never satisfied.

This was the best player they could get with the limited trade chips they have. They said Sprewell would be a train wreck too btw. I'd MUCH rather watch Zach and Curry win 43 games than sit through another 33 win joke. The knicks are instantly a playoff team in the east and watchable as well.

So, just because Sprewell worked out, Randolph will also?

What kind of logic is that? What universe is that commonplace in?

You can gaze and imagine what 20 and 10 looks like on paper till the cows come home, however, when it comes down to it, the Knicks STILL lack any sense of a defensive presence on their team.

Q is the only viable option.

Also, did you forget who is coaching this squad?

Damn, this isn't fantasy basketball.

Ask the Spurs.

So, just because Sprewell worked out, Randolph will also?

What kind of logic is that? What universe is that commonplace in?

You can gaze and imagine what 20 and 10 looks like on paper till the cows come home, however, when it comes down to it, the Knicks STILL lack any sense of a defensive presence on their team.

Q is the only viable option.

Also, did you forget who is coaching this squad?

Damn, this isn't fantasy basketball.

Ask the Spurs.

You have an unrealistic expectation of what this team is. This team isn't winning a title in a LONG time with or without this trade. Now they are a playoff team which instantly makes them more watchable than they were last year which is all I really care about right now. It's not like they gave up anything for him and if it blows up in their face they can't go lower than they have in the past few years.

I was thinking about something, and I compared this trade to a football trade..

The Jets trade for Roy Williams (young, dominant player, solid stats, sorry team) and trade Kimo Von Oelhoffen (aging player, formerly good player but washed up) and Erik Coleman (had a pretty good rookie season done nothing to speak of since)

Tell me you wouldn't honestly like this trade...

Jets get: Roy Williams

Lions get: Kimo Von Oelhoffen

Erik Coleman

And to DireJetFan, why are people such as you making him out to be a criminal, horrible influence player, I personally never heard any real troubles with him, and if you are looking for a player to never get in any type or form of trouble in his entire career, you must not be a fan of an NBA team, you must be a fan of the Troop 134 friggin' boy scouts.

You have an unrealistic expectation of what to expect. This team isn't winning a title in a LONG time with or without this trade. Now they are a playoff team which instantly makes them more watchable than they were last year which is all I really care about right now. It's not like they gave up anything for him and if it blows up in their face they can't go lower than they have in the past few years.

All true, I am excited for the Knicks this year, I'm a Jersey boy so I like the Nets but rest assured I'll tune in for alot more Knicks games next year, and I'll hate going against Randolph, Lee, and Curry next year.

You have an unrealistic expectation of what to expect. This team isn't winning a title in a LONG time with out without this trade. Now they are a playoff team which instantly makes them more watchable than they were last year which is all I really care about right now. It's not like they gave up anything for him and if it blows up in their face they can't go lower than they have in the past few years.

How are they a playoff team?

Because a bunch of numbers on a sheet statistically prove it?

Zach Randolph is a liability on the defensive end. What did the Knicks need to upgrade this year? They needed to add a strong defensive presence in the post.

I care enough about the Knicks that it doesn't really matter if they are just 'watchable.'

I want my New York basketball team to represent my city. This team -- sans David Lee and Q -- are a bunch of impostors.

How are they a playoff team?

Because a bunch of numbers on a sheet statistically prove it?

Zach Randolph is a liability on the defensive end. What did the Knicks need to upgrade this year? They needed to add a strong defensive presence in the post.

I care enough about the Knicks that it doesn't really matter if they are just 'watchable.'

I want my New York basketball team to represent my city. This team -- sans David Lee and Q -- are a bunch of impostors.

Someone wasn't hugged enough as a child, when the Knicks are in the playoffs this year I'll PM you this picture,

toldso.gif

I was thinking about something, and I compared this trade to a football trade..

The Jets trade for Roy Williams (young, dominant player, solid stats, sorry team) and trade Kimo Von Oelhoffen (aging player, formerly good player but washed up) and Erik Coleman (had a pretty good rookie season done nothing to speak of since)

Tell me you wouldn't honestly like this trade...

Jets get: Roy Williams

Lions get: Kimo Von Oelhoffen

Erik Coleman

And to DireJetFan, why are people such as you making him out to be a criminal, horrible influence player, I personally never heard any real troubles with him, and if you are looking for a player to never get in any type or form of trouble in his entire career, you must not be a fan of an NBA team, you must be a fan of the Troop 134 friggin' boy scouts.

That football trade comparison you posted above might even be funnier than Isiah acquiring Randolph.

Personally heard of trouble with him? Do you live in a bubble, bubble boy?

BAM!

Yes.

I have no ****ing clue of the situation at all.

I only worked for MSG and the Knicks for a year.

I only watched, wrote, broke down film, attended press conferences and interviews on a nightly basis.

But I don't know what this team needs at all.

Yes.

I have no ****ing clue of the situation at all.

I only worked for MSG and the Knicks for a year.

I only watched, wrote, broke down film, attended press conferences and interviews on a nightly basis.

But I don't know what this team needs at all.

You should know then that they aren't winning anything till they get under the cap. Anything that makes them more watchable while they are getting under the cap i'll all for.

You should know then that they aren't winning anything till they get under the cap. Anything that makes them more watchable while they are getting under the cap i'll all for.

Bringing Zach Randolph in to help the cap situation -- in my opinion -- does more harm than good to the current situation of the Knicks.

But, hey, that's just the way I see it.

Watchable basketball to me, is obviously defined in a different manner than yourself, which is fine.

Archived