Blugeon this ONE TRICK PONY

Green Jets & Ham

I say its about time the Yankees blugeon this mediocre knuckleball pitcher who has made a friggin living on beating the Yankees in recent years

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Let's call it like it is ... this Wakefield Guy is a JOE MEDIOCRE verses darn near every team in the league EXCEPT US ... a one trick pony, both literally and figuratively, with that one dopey TRICK PITCH that dominates no team EXCEPT US ... AND THAT MUST END NOW!!

NOW!!

AS IN .... TONITE!!

That's how I'll know for certain that this edition of the Yankees truly MEANS BUISNESS

STOP THE MADNESS with this ONE TRICK PONY ... TONITE!!

I want this ONE TRICK PONY knocked out of the Game by the 5th inning tonite ... at the latest ... THAT, or blugeon his @$$ for DOUBLE-DIGIT RUNS

CASE CLOSED

Sorry Ham but you're dead wrong on this one...some of Wakefields stats against other teams

10-2 vs. Minnesota

11-1 vs. Tampa Bay

11-9 vs. Baltimore

12-8 vs. Detoit

9-5 vs. Kansas City

5-2 vs. Milwaukee

9-4 vs. Oakland

11-7 vs. Toronto

and against the Yankees he's a .500 pitcher at 8-8

That being said, I don't think it has anything to do with Wakefield being good at all. That one trick you mention IS an absolute joke and how good Wakefield is depends more on the wind and humidity than it does the player. He's a joke but under the right conditions that silly pitch he throws is damn near impossible to hit.

Sorry Ham but you're dead wrong on this one...some of Wakefields stats against other teams

10-2 vs. Minnesota

11-1 vs. Tampa Bay

11-9 vs. Baltimore

12-8 vs. Detoit

9-5 vs. Kansas City

5-2 vs. Milwaukee

9-4 vs. Oakland

11-7 vs. Toronto

That being said, I don't think it has anything to do with Wakefield being good at all. That one trick you mention IS an absolute joke and how good Wakefield is depends more on the wind and humidity than it does the player. He's a joke but under the right conditions that silly pitch he throws is damn near impossible to hit.

hard to believe he's only 8-8 against us. i'm betting most of those 8 loses were a while ago. that or this is just another example of #'s not telling the real story.

Wakefield being a Yankee killer is a BIT of a misnomer.

It has just seemed that way since the 2003 ALCS and beyond.

But to the guy who called him Joe Mediocre or some such malarkey...he has the fifth most wins all time as a Red Sox pitcher IN SPITE of spending the prime of his career as a long reliever.

10-2 vs. Minnesota

11-1 vs. Tampa Bay

11-9 vs. Baltimore

12-8 vs. Detoit

9-5 vs. Kansas City

5-2 vs. Milwaukee

9-4 vs. Oakland

11-7 vs. Toronto

ERAs would be better stats to judge by, as the red sox can still outscore those offenses (except baltimore) on any given day

Wakefield being a Yankee killer is a BIT of a misnomer.

It has just seemed that way since the 2003 ALCS and beyond.

But to the guy who called him Joe Mediocre or some such malarkey...he has the fifth most wins all time as a Red Sox pitcher IN SPITE of spending the prime of his career as a long reliever.

....and he finally chimes in after days of silence

Wonder why....loser??

The knuckleball is no joke. It's not easy to master but it is damn cool to see.

Wake was cruising until that JV 2B just took him deep. Tito wastes no time and yanks him. I bet he kinda wishes the Sox scored something out of the FIVE HITS they had in the top half of that inning!

Wake was cruising until that JV 2B just took him deep. Tito wastes no time and yanks him. I bet he kinda wishes the Sox scored something out of the FIVE HITS they had in the top half of that inning!

We don't like to call him the JV second baseman.

Instead we call him the Rookie Of The Year.

Jerry Remy giving your boy MAJOR props right now on NESN. He is talking mostly about the play where he knocked the ball down and threw Damon out. A gift from Sveum, but a heads up play.

You may be right about that ... this kid is THE REAL MCCOY

If we trade this neophyte for some one year rental veteran on his last legs, I am going ballistic :evil:

With Cano, Jeter and Arod, we are ABSOLUTELY SET at 2B, SS and 3B

JV 2nd baseman? First career Yankee-Sox game and he makes a terrific play in the field, then comes up in the next half inning and crushes a game-tying homerun to left? Looks a lot more like future all-star to me. Not to mention ever since he's come up, he's been as cool as the other side of the pillow at 2nd, and the Yankees have been winning to.

I think the Yankees will move Eric Duncan to 1B if we don't deal him .. that is our future 1st Baseman :wink:

Interesting. When I get a little time I am going to do a little research on the Yankees farm. They really need a long term solution at 1B.

The way Tino is playing he has pretty much earned next year as well (unless he tanks in the 2nd half). But he is getting up there in age.

Jason's contract is just BRUTAL.

It's hard to believe he was undrafted! What a steal for the Yanks!

GM, actually Duncan was the Yankees 1st RD Pick two years ago

I believe he's in AA now and hitting around .240 with Good Power/RBI numbers ... but his potential is through the roof ... probably our best prospect in terms of POSITION PLAYERS

Our best pitching prospect is a kid named Phillip Hughs or something like that ... I forgot his name ... but he's tearing it up in the minors right now and the Yankees love his upside

correctamundo GJ&H

Even though it hasn't really happened yet, Eric Duncan will probably make a fulltime switch from 3rd base to 1st base within the near future.

He's a lefty with a swing tailor made for the short porch in right field. He's doing so-so right now after being promoted, but he's had a good stretch where he hit .470 for about a week or so. By next year, we should be hearing his name more often! :mrgreen:

Yankees 2004 1st rd pick, pitcher Philip Hughes is absolutely pitching like a man with the eye of the tiger. He's dominating with ease in the minors right now, and should see himself climb through the Yankees minor league ranks quickly if he contines.

Tyler Clippard is another pitcher in the Yankees farm system that 1 day might end up being a pretty good MLB pitcher.......

GM, actually Duncan was the Yankees 1st RD Pick two years ago

I believe he's in AA now and hitting around .240 with Good Power/RBI numbers ... but his potential is through the roof ... probably our best prospect in terms of POSITION PLAYERS

Our best pitching prospect is a kid named Phillip Hughs or something like that ... I forgot his name ... but he's tearing it up in the minors right now and the Yankees love his upside

I was actually referring to Cano.....

The next great Yankee catcher?? NATE PHILLIPS...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=303&p=2&c=342103&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fyankees.scout.com%2f2%2f342103.html%3frefid%3d1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PHILLIP HUGHES

RHP

The message is clear from the Yankee organization. In Hughes we trust. Phil Hughes has received total backing from the organization despite his numerous injuries in 2004. With the polish of a college arm and outstanding raw stuff, the Yankees plan to let Hughes steamroll through the system with total faith in their prize pitching prospect.

Phil Hughes is one of Southern California's best pitching prospects. He touches 93-94 mph and shows off a short, late-breaking 79-81 mph slider. He has a lightning-quick arm, a clean arm stroke and an outstanding delivery that allows him to keep the ball down at the knees.

Source: PinstripesPlus.com and baseballamerica.com

Melky Cabrera

BC- 333 avg, 16 doubles, 0 hr, 15 walks, 23 k's, 7 sb

Tam- 288 avg, 20 doubles, 8 hr, 23 walks, 59 k's, 3 sb

Cabrera has shown very strong signs of being a very consistent leadoff hitter. He likes to spray the ball to all fields and can hit the ball to all fields with force at any time. Cabrera has tremendous speed and uses it to his advantage in the leadoff spot. Many scouts believe that despite his fairly low stolen base total of 10 in his 2004 campaign, he will eventually be a consistent 20-30 stolen base candidate. Cabrera is a tremendous defensive outfielder with a spectacular throwing arm.

Info taken from PinstripesPlus.com

------------------------------------

Tyler Clippard

176643.jpg

-taken in 9th round in the 2003 draft.

-6'4 and weighs 170 lbs.

Fastball. Clippard has a very good power fastball that is usually in the 88-92 mph range but sometimes he can crank it up even a little more into the mid-90s.

Other Pitches. Tyler Clippard also has a very good curveball that scouts say is incredibly good for a young pitcher. Clippard has recently come to rely on a change up to get hitters out, an advanced pitch for a player of his age.

Pitching. In 2003, he was used mainly as a reliever for the GCL Yanks. Now, in BC, Clippard has developed into a front-of-the-rotation starter that is impressing opponents, teammates and scouts alike.

Projection. Time will ultimately tell, but Clippard could develop into either a top reliever or a good starter. He's still very young, but his maturity will lead him down the right path.

BC- 10-10 3.44 era, 149 innings, 153 hits, 32 walks, 145 k's

Source: PinstripesPlus.com

....and he finally chimes in after days of silence

Wonder why....loser??

This from the king of avoiding this place at all costs after every Yankee loss.

Jeez, after today with the Yankee Stadium scoreboard going absolutely insane from the rout of the Boston Lumber Co., I'm sure this is good enough to keep JoneJinx away for at least 2 days!

Archived