Chad Pennington is a top 7 QB when throwing the DEEP OUT PATTERN

ECURB

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
u know that the so called "deep out" he is top 5 in is an average of 9 yards, thats not really a deep out, anything above 10 would be a deep out. This stat is definatly wrong.

You do know its an average PER ATTEMPT of 9 yards right? That includes all of the incomplete passes... read the thread before you post, it has been explained... the passes were not only 9 yards...

Go to his website, Gm's coaches and other NFL staff praise him and his books on the side scroller...

also he is not an ESPN writer... just a writer that ESPN included with the pay content.. he does not work for ESPN...

Please explain to me how the stats are misleading... I think they are very clear

I'm saying stats IN GENERAL can be misleading. Just because a man has the best completion percentage of deep outs, or anything, doesn't mean he's the best at it. There are other factors you have to put into place. The only stat that really matters is your record and number of rings.

I'm saying stats IN GENERAL can be misleading. Just because a man has the best completion percentage of deep outs, or anything, doesn't mean he's the best at it. There are other factors you have to put into place. The only stat that really matters is your record and number of rings.

He didnt go by completion %... he went by YPA... which factors in completions, and incomplete passes... its a good way to show if you are effective at a pass or not...

Where are the interception numbers on deep outs?

Didn't Chad throw a TD in the wild-card game on a deep-out? To Assante Samuel?

It is widely recognized that Assante Samuels' INT #s are removed from any QB rating. He is really good. No QB should be penalized for that.

Haha, I jjust made a call to Laverneous Cole's jawbone. It strongly disagrees. BTW, if anyone talks to Coles please let him know his missing jawbone has started up a new and happy life in Tahiti. It has no intention of reuniting with Coles until Mr. Pennington is no longer the QB throwing to him.

Haha, I jjust made a call to Laverneous Cole's jawbone. It strongly disagrees. BTW, if anyone talks to Coles please let him know his missing jawbone has started up a new and happy life in Tahiti. It has no intention of reuniting with Coles until Mr. Pennington is no longer the QB throwing to him.

Not singling you out Boozer, but all these Penny is going to get Coles killed comments would make a hell of a lot more sense if Coles weren't Pennington's biggest fan. I have never heard Coles make one derogatory comment about Chad and he has made several about how he wanted to be reunited with him.

IMO, the biggest problem isn't the fact that Pennington floats a lot of balls, but that there are balls he could zip in there (I'm talking about short throws that even his chicken arm could make) that he insists on trying to throw with "touch".

Chad Pennington has just once started an entire season.

Chad Pennington has just once won double digit games in a season.

A deep out pattern study by some needledick "scientist" who doesn't even identify what a "deep pattern" is will not help Pennington in either of those HUGE downfall FACTS.

Chad Pennington has just once started an entire season.

Chad Pennington has just once won double digit games in a season.

A deep out pattern study by some needledick "scientist" who doesn't even identify what a "deep pattern" is will not help Pennington in either of those HUGE downfall FACTS.

umm read the thread... I got an explanation from him on what he considers a deep out...

Also... this is not about any other aspect of his game... you and others brought it there... this is simply about ONE type of passed that was used to claim he cant make throws... everyone always said "well he cant throw an out"...

This was simply about one pass type, not about how good he is overall..

umm read the thread... I got an explanation from him on what he considers a deep out...

Also... this is not about any other aspect of his game... you and others brought it there... this is simply about ONE type of passed that was used to claim he cant make throws... everyone always said "well he cant throw an out"...

This was simply about one pass type, not about how good he is overall..

And the fact is most defenses will play chad for the short and intermediate slants over the middle and leave the deep outs open because they know he has a hard time zipping the ball in there. Dam Ecurb, can we agree on anything?

I love how the facts are right there... broken down... and people still find a way to bitch and complain about Chad... :roll:

Gee let me think, a 1st round QB that at age 30 just completed his first full season in the NFL, can't win the big games, can't threaten defenses deep, and flat out sucks against top ten defenses,,,, Now why would anyone be unhappy with that??????:rolleyes:

And the fact is most defenses will play chad for the short and intermediate slants over the middle and leave the deep outs open because they know he has a hard time zipping the ball in there. Dam Ecurb, can we agree on anything?

Chad Pennington is the greatest QB ever... can we agree on that??? :lol:

Got an e-mail response from KC

Hope that shuts some of you up.... I know it wont becuase some people are obsessed with complaining about Chad... but oh well...

I might buy his book, sounds like there are some very cool stats in it.

A deep out pattern is not 15 yards, you schmuck.

A deep out pattern is over 20 yards and usually drawn up and ran considerably more than 20 yards.

The key word here is "deep", ecurb.

You dont know sh#t. A few weeks ago you said "f**k the deep out pattern it doesnt mean anything", yet you decide to create a thread about it......

This is eerily similar to my jetnation debate where ecurb was trying to tell me Chad can throw an out pattern by posting a youtube clip of Chad throwing a 5 yard dumpoff to the tight end.

this was the video he posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIZtfhZaUQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjetnation%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D30721

in this thread: http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30721

You cant put sprinkles and whip cream on dog sh#t, mix it up, and pretend it tastes like a chocolate shake.

Stop insulating mine and everyone elses intelligence, ecurb. Thanks.

(btw, in the video you can hear a fan in the stands say "throw the ball down the field here") LOL

A deep out pattern is not 15 yards, you schmuck.

A deep out pattern is over 20 yards and usually drawn up and ran considerably more than 20 yards.

The key word here is "deep", ecurb.

You dont know sh#t. A few weeks ago you said "f**k the deep out pattern it doesnt mean anything", yet you decide to create a thread about it......

So where did you find something claiming a deep out is at least 20 yards?

Someone says something good about Chad and here comes the Pats fans (plus Barton) to try and discredit the guy who most likely knows more about football than they ever will... :roll:

Never would have seen this coming! lol

This is eerily similar to my jetnation debate where ecurb was trying to tell me Chad can throw an out pattern by posting a youtube clip of Chad throwing a 5 yard dumpoff to the tight end.

this was the video he posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIZtfhZaUQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjetnation%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D30721

in this thread: http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30721

You cant put sprinkles and whip cream on dog sh#t, mix it up, and pretend it tastes like a chocolate shake.

Stop insulating mine and everyone elses intelligence, ecurb. Thanks.

(btw, in the video you can hear a fan in the stands say "throw the ball down the field here") LOL

5GIZtfhZaUQ

ecurb's example of that out that Chad can throw. well done Barton!

:rl:

A Google search shows many websites with "Football 101". Got a link to Football 101 > deep out? Probably not, huh.

Football 101 is more believable than KC Joyner's near INT's and bad decisions.

According to KC's "stats" Chad is a better QB than Manning, Brady, Palmer and just about every other QB in the NFL.

A Google search shows many websites with "Football 101". Got a link to Football 101 > deep out? Probably not, huh.

Ok, kiddies. My name is Mr.Bartone and todays lesson in football 101 will be about the "out pattern". Now spit out your gum and take your seats!

...There are several variations of the out pattern. There are 5 yard outs, 10 yard outs, 15 yard outs etc etc etc. But the field is 100 yards long, not counting the endzones of course....remember that. So believe it or not, a football can travel over 20+ yards in the air on an out pattern without it floating or falling short. Some Quarterbacks dont have enough arm stength to throw a football 25 yards to the sidelines without it floating in the air like it was an empty water bottle.

On the other hand, some (and most) Quarerbacks DO have more than enough arm strength to throw a 20+, 30 yard etc etc deep out pattern, on a line with zip to the intended target. The world is an imperfect place filled with imperfect arms on NFL Quarterbacks. Sad but true.

Thats all for todays lesson. Make sure to pack your crayons and markers because tomorrow we dive into the exciting stories of Superbowl Quarterbacks and the differences of non-Superbowl Quarterbacks. And make sure to have parental assistance when conducting the empty water bottle in the air toss experiment. I'm sure you will all enjoy it!

Football 101.

Ok, kiddies. My name is Mr.Bartone and todays lesson in football 101 will be about the "out pattern". Now spit out your gum and take your seats!

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

and finally, blah.

So basically, you didn't get your "definition" from a web site. You just think it ought to mean what you want it to mean.

Archived