Bradon Moore unhappy with his contract

Kentucky Jet

Without Kendall Moore's leverage goes up, not down. I'm scared enough about starting Moore and Kendall at OG, let alone Clarke and Jones.

As of now, both are on the roster. We will have to be patient and see what happens, there are a lot of players in the NFL that play even tho they do not like their contract.

sometimes i wish real life was like football....

im unhappy with my contract at my job, maybe if i hold out and dont go, theyll see im so good and indispensable they'll be forced to pay me 100k a year, which of course is pennies compared to these athletes.

If you were a vital enough piece for your company(and im not insulting you--you is universal, not you in particular) so that A) you effected everyone else around you and B) by not being there you costed the company more money than they saved by not giving you a raise(MOST players asking for an extension/raise are pretty good, key word most, and without good players, your team wont be good, thus, ticket/jersey/all sales go down)---then you could hold out. Unfortunately, the real world doesn't quite work like football. Even if you're an important piece to the company, it's easier to find an up and comer out of college who will take your salary happily than it is to replace an athletic, overpaid football player who's skill can really only be replaced once a year(the draft).

Agreed. Like it or not Kendall and Moore are our best option at the guard spot.

Somehow I don't think the Jets agree. I really think we are rating Kendall higher than they are. Otherwise this whole thing would be a non-issue.

Let's not forget this is a team that couldn't run the ball last year. At all. File this under the old we finished in last with you, we can do it without you theory.

Brandon Moore had solid '04 and '05 campaigns and although '06 wasn't his best year, he is still a good, young guard in this organization. He isn't going anywhere, especially if the Jets are actually willing to talk to him about his contract as soon as the Kendall issure is resolved.

I do not understand the hatred for Brandon, but I will continue to be one of his few supporters on this board. If you ask me, he was the better of him or Anthony Clement on the right side. Clement might've been a better blocker in the running game, but in the passing game he was horrific and I hope it changes. A lot of people are quick to put the blame on D'Brick, but a lot should be put on Clement.

Soon enough, Moore will have a new contract and will be a New York Jet well into his 30's.

Somehow I don't think the Jets agree. I really think we are rating Kendall higher than they are. Otherwise this whole thing would be a non-issue.

Let's not forget this is a team that couldn't run the ball last year. At all. File this under the old we finished in last with you, we can do it without you theory.

agreed, especially with the last statement

pay moore now. that will show that quiet protests without publicly airing the team's laundry will be listened to and considered. plus it'll reall piss kendall off :)

That last part alone would make it worth it, even though I don't think Moore is very good. Still, a 300k a year raise won't really affect the cap much, but might be enough to get him to shut up. I doubt he thinks he can ask for a full million.

Archived