Strahan's agent...

Blackout

If he saved his money correctly, he should be able to pay his wife $15 million and still live a great life doing nothing until he dies and his children should be able to do the same as well. He still would be getting $8 million over the last 2 years to even increase his bank account more. But, I guess $4-5 million (after taxes) for 2 years is just chump change.

you need to honor the contract you sign

but in the NFL the odds of that are rare lol

i love how yesterday on the car ride home from yankee stadium i was hearing journalists on the air claiming to be "close personal friends of Strahan" saying that it wasn't about the money. hahaha.

This guy is a complete clown...barely played last year and wants a raise..jacka$$

anyone else think that the seasoned veterans seriously dislike being under the thumb of coughlin? sure its about the $$$ to some degree but there is much more to it than that.

This guy is a complete clown...barely played last year and wants a raise..jacka$$

Players should never air their grievances out loud, plain and simple. It is NOT like you or I calling each other up on the phone after hours and one of us telling the other our boss is a two-faced dirtbag. What it IS: More like letting it all hang out in the break-room in front of your co-workers and blabbing to the local town newspaper how shafted you were by a purported 'gentleman's agreement' between you and your employer. All within earshot of the newly drafted and veterans alike. How dumb and rife with self-sabotage is that?

Let Kendall carry on over the dinner-table with his wife. Let Kendall ask Mangini for a private audience with Mangini and Tannenbaum, no matter how long it takes, agent in tow. In Mangini's office. With the door shut and the blinds drawn. And if this WAS done (which of course it was), then Kendall should've persisted for however many private meetings it took until it was finished. I don't propose to know what goes on in Mangini's head, but I can't see him NOT respecting that tactic.

So there Kendall is, kvetching to anyone who would listen. Whatever happened to, "I'll keep my mouth shut because it's in my best interest to do until this hammers itself out."? Kendall is burned his own bridges with this. Man, would I love to see him get scr*wed in the market now for being such a distraction. It was truly mindless, and I'm thinking he gets hurt by it the most in the end.

anyone else think that the seasoned veterans seriously dislike being under the thumb of coughlin? sure its about the $$$ to some degree but there is much more to it than that.

I've had bosses that I hate too, it's part of life to work for idiots.

I've had bosses that I hate too, it's part of life to work for idiots.

What would you have done if your boss fined you for being only five minutes early to a meeting? Something tells me you'd file some type of greivance. Coughlin is a ****ing moron and going through camp for a wannabe Vince Lombardi like that is not only ridiculous, but probably dangerous to your health. Especially for vets like Tiki and Strahan.

Players should never air their grievances out loud, plain and simple. It is NOT like you or I calling each other up on the phone after hours and one of us telling the other our boss is a two-faced dirtbag. What it IS: More like letting it all hang out in the break-room in front of your co-workers and blabbing to the local town newspaper how shafted you were by a purported 'gentleman's agreement' between you and your employer. All within earshot of the newly drafted and veterans alike. How dumb and rife with self-sabotage is that?

Let Kendall carry on over the dinner-table with his wife. Let Kendall ask Mangini for a private audience with Mangini and Tannenbaum, no matter how long it takes, agent in tow. In Mangini's office. With the door shut and the blinds drawn. And if this WAS done (which of course it was), then Kendall should've persisted for however many private meetings it took until it was finished. I don't propose to know what goes on in Mangini's head, but I can't see him NOT respecting that tactic.

So there Kendall is, kvetching to anyone who would listen. Whatever happened to, "I'll keep my mouth shut because it's in my best interest to do until this hammers itself out."? Kendall is burned his own bridges with this. Man, would I love to see him get scr*wed in the market now for being such a distraction. It was truly mindless, and I'm thinking he gets hurt by it the most in the end.

Agreed.

But nobody said these guys were smart... icon12.gif

What would you have done if your boss fined you for being only five minutes early to a meeting? Something tells me you'd file some type of greivance. Coughlin is a ****ing moron and going through camp for a wannabe Vince Lombardi like that is not only ridiculous, but probably dangerous to your health. Especially for vets like Tiki and Strahan.

if i were making a million bucks a year i'd pay the fine

Archived