Preseason Week 1 Report Card

Maxman

Good job 124, although I also feel that the coverage on Special Teams were shoddy. Both Nugent and Graham ended up making tackles. Not exactly what you want to see.

To be fair, there were two penalties on Atl on the play where Graham had to make the tackle. If two Jets were being held or blocked illegally, it's going to open up a lane for the PR.

To be fair, there were two penalties on Atl on the play where Graham had to make the tackle. If two Jets were being held or blocked illegally, it's going to open up a lane for the PR.

Yeah but I thought that one was a bit of a line drive punt too. Still and all the specials were good last night.

Joe, Special teams A-? Nuge had to make two tackles :razz:

Would've been an A if he hadn't missed the 52 yarder. Oh well. He still has 18 consecutive field goals made and counting in the regular season. Franchise record is at 22 by Pat Leahy.

this is classic casual fan logic

so they all looked good just because no sacks doesn't lower a DL grade, especially in 3-4 and preseason is not the time for exotic blitz!

also, no OL grades?

He did mention the no sacks for the linebackers as well. As far as the OLine missing (grade wise) I think Joe was drunk when he wrote this! :)

Did you have a few at the game Joe???? :Typotux: I was going to add them in but I pulled a Pete Kendall and did the bare minimum required.

He did mention the no sacks for the linebackers as well. As far as the OLine missing (grade wise) I think Joe was drunk when he wrote this! :)

Did you have a few at the game Joe???? :Typotux: I was going to add them in but I pulled a Pete Kendall and did the bare minimum required.

I thought I did do the Offensive Line? Wow. I was pretty hammered before the game but by kickoff I was buzzed and by halftime I was completely sober. Sorry about that Phil.

I stick by my judgements. The Special Teams played well enough to garner a B+ or A-, I went with the A-, and the Defensive Line played okay, giving them a C. Maybe a C+ was deserved but I think OK = C.

'Cane, don't cloud the issue with facts, you're making me look bad! :)

Give me a break on missing the OLine fellas. Its Preseason for me too, and I wrote this when I got home at around 11:30.:P The OLine has since been written and waiting for Max to include it into the article.

Archived