Simple Fix for Kendall/Jets

Nick Ferraro

The Jets need to put an end to this situation before it causes any more of a distraction. Kendall's request for a bump after just getting the new deal is ridiculous; however, the coach and front office have not distinguished themselves well indealing with him. The players the Jets actually want to keep on the roster will undoubtedly take note of how this situation has played out, and that can hurt the Jets long after Kendall is history.

The Jets are wary of releasing Kendall since the Bills and Dolphins could use the OL help, and the Jets don't want him and his knowledge of the playbook on a division rival. Denver has had several injuries along the line, and Gerrard Warren still sits idle as the odd man out in a glut of DTs. The Jets need a big body to help keep Vilma free. Kendall for Warren straight up solves this whole ugly issue.

IN case anyone doesn't get it, Mangini and Mr. T could give a rat's as s what anyone

on a message board, media or players think. This is the way they want to run

the team and whether Kendall likes it or not he will have to do what they ask him.

The players know this is a business and problems with the FO goes on with every

team.

If the team does not do well this year it won't be because they didn't like how

Kendall was handled.

IN case anyone doesn't get it, Mangini and Mr. T could give a rat's as s what anyone

the team and whether Kendall likes it or not he will have to do what they ask him.

team.

Kendall was handled.

They read JN :)

Dont forget... this problem goes further than Kendal... not many top tier FA's are going to want to come to a team that is treating its older players poorly... also players like Rhodes will want a HUGE extension because he knows he wont be able to revisit and restructure his deal accordingly... as well as everyone else.

team.

Kendall was handled.

I do "get it." I'm not quite egocentric enough to think that Mangini was reading and cared what I thought. I still choose to post. I guess we should shut down the site since the Jets front office isn't reading?

The players do know this is a business; however, Kendall was the only NFL player "mistakenly" assigned to the rookie dormitory this offseason, and he was the only starter/2nd string OL playing until the end of the game last night. The rest of the league doesn't have issues like that.

You're right about the team's season not hinging on how Kendall is handled. The silly games they are playing with him will play into signing their free agents and attracting other team's free agents after the season. Don't think the players don't see what goes on. They can see it and imagine it could be them at some point. That helps nobody.

Dont forget... this problem goes further than Kendal... not many top tier FA's are going to want to come to a team that is treating its older players poorly... also players like Rhodes will want a HUGE extension because he knows he wont be able to revisit and restructure his deal accordingly... as well as everyone else.

Hit the nail right on the head. Then again, Captain BBQ treats his players well yet we had trouble re-signing and attracting top tier FAs, so I'm not sure if going the other direction is so much better either. I think a lot of the players want money and to win, and a surprising number of players will actually take a little less to have a better chance at winning. The problem isn't not giving Kendall more money, the problem is first not knowing he'd pull this, and second not having a good backup plan. This O-line is horendous and that's going to make winning hard, and THAT is what will cause us problems in terms of signing players.

I do "get it." I'm not quite egocentric enough to think that Mangini was reading and cared what I thought. I still choose to post. I guess we should shut down the site since the Jets front office isn't reading?

The players do know this is a business; however, Kendall was the only NFL player "mistakenly" assigned to the rookie dormitory this offseason, and he was the only starter/2nd string OL playing until the end of the game last night. The rest of the league doesn't have issues like that.

You're right about the team's season not hinging on how Kendall is handled. The silly games they are playing with him will play into signing their free agents and attracting other team's free agents after the season. Don't think the players don't see what goes on. They can see it and imagine it could be them at some point. That helps nobody.

So what your saying is that on other teams if a player thinks that he isn't paid

enough he can go into the FO and say he wants a raise and they give it to him????

All of a sudden the Jets became the Scrooge of the NFL???

And how do you know that other teams don't have issues like that. A lot of

players have boycotted training camp this year because they felt like they

were underpaid.

ALL players know that at the end of the line it will be hard to get the big bucks.

And the Jets have given extensions to Ellis, Cotch and Rhodes will probably get

his at the end of the season.

When was the last time you told you boss you didn't like your salary and wanted a raise and if he

didn't pay you, you were going to sit home until he did.

Players have been seeing this for years. they know the business. Its not the Jets.

Ummm no. We just resigned Cotch to a long term contract and a lot of money...remember? Other then that, your right, if you're a player that will agree to a contract and then bitch and moan about it the next offseason, then we dont want you either.

Lets see if I got this straight about older players.

A guy comes into the league whether he's a draft choice or FA and after 4-5

years a is a pretty good player. For whatever reason doesn't want to sign up with

the current team and goes the free agent route.

Now its well established that this new contract with whom ever he signs with

is his LAST big payday. Now what your telling me is that even IF the Jets

will offer the player more than any other team they will remember that previously

the Jets didn't want to give a 34 year old player a few bucks more so they

will DISREGARD the Jets?????

Puh Leez................

Now in this thread I have been told by a poster that this fiasco will cause a problem

with the players and maybe hinder their play.

Lets see how this happens. I'll be at opening day. Its the last quarter and

Chad is leading us down the field to take the lead. On one play Mangold

gets the wind knocked out of him. Kendall has to come in and play center.

Chad comes to the line, looks down and sees Kendall. He thinks boy the Jets

are screwing Kendall I feel so sorry for him. Calls time out. goes to the

sideline and tell Mangini he can't go on he's too upset. Put Clemens in. Is that

how it will happen???

Also told that what is going on with Kendall only is happening with the Jets.

But only Kendall is holding daily press conferences knocking the Jets.

Also did this in Arizona.

Poor Kendall.............

Wrong Ecurb. Players will learn that if they preform they will get their money and that they won't be paid money for sup par performance just because they are a vet. If a player expects that we don't want them anyway.

The Jets need to put an end to this situation before it causes any more of a distraction. Kendall's request for a bump after just getting the new deal is ridiculous; however, the coach and front office have not distinguished themselves well indealing with him. The players the Jets actually want to keep on the roster will undoubtedly take note of how this situation has played out, and that can hurt the Jets long after Kendall is history.

The Jets are wary of releasing Kendall since the Bills and Dolphins could use the OL help, and the Jets don't want him and his knowledge of the playbook on a division rival. Denver has had several injuries along the line, and Gerrard Warren still sits idle as the odd man out in a glut of DTs. The Jets need a big body to help keep Vilma free. Kendall for Warren straight up solves this whole ugly issue.

I agree Nick!

Wrong Ecurb. Players will learn that if they preform they will get their money and that they won't be paid money for sup par performance just because they are a vet. If a player expects that we don't want them anyway.

Kendall said the FO promised him a raise this season... they didnt follow through... nobody will trust them now...

What about Revis? he is being paid more than most of the guys now and has never played a down in the NFL... he got paid for doing nothing...

Kendall said the FO promised him a raise this season... they didnt follow through... nobody will trust them now...

What about Revis? he is being paid more than most of the guys now and has never played a down in the NFL... he got paid for doing nothing...

Does Kendall have a tape of the conversation?

Which one of the other 31 first round draft picks have played a down in the NFL?

The nerve of the Jets giving Revis money when he's never played a down.

His college career is nothing? he got paid for being a great college player and having a certain skill set.

And BTW Mike Tannenbaum never promised him anything.

As far as I'm concerned they should just tell Kendall "Froget the fines" Go home and come back when you want to play"

Eventually Kendall will HAVE to come back if he wants this year credited to his pension. If he comes back week 11 and still is acting like a baby then he will be answering to the toughest group of people he will ever face.

His teammates.

As far as I'm concerned they should just tell Kendall "Froget the fines" Go home and come back when you want to play"

Eventually Kendall will HAVE to come back if he wants this year credited to his pension. If he comes back week 11 and still is acting like a baby then he will be answering to the toughest group of people he will ever face.

His teammates.

Excellent suggestion!

Faneca got over it and Kendall is gonna have to do the same thing.

Faneca told the Steelers this is his last year with the organization, I don't call that over it. If Kendall is going to be a puss, and not play to his ability on purpose, TRADE HIS ASS.

Well if Kendall is telling the truth, this is one of those lessons you should have learned when you were young. Whenever it comes to employment and money or anything like that, you ask to see things in writing before you commit to something.

And Revis had to hold out but I respect him for it. Yeah it's true he hasn't played a down, but that's what makes it all the more impressive. He negotiated basically a 4 year contract, and he also precluded the use of the franchise tag from what I've read! That's how you prevent holdouts and a messy franchise tag situation, you negotiate out of it early on. If more rookies followed his example, you'd see a lot less holdouts and bad blood when it really matters. Get the bad blood outta the way early when you haven't even played a down.

Faneca told the Steelers this is his last year with the organization, I don't call that over it. If Kendall is going to be a puss, and not play to his ability on purpose, TRADE HIS ASS.

I doubt the steelers care. And i doubt the Jets would care if Kendall said that either.

I doubt the steelers care. And i doubt the Jets would care if Kendall said that either.

Thats pretty clear. He's looks foolish for having LAST YEAR signed a four year extension and looking to redo the deal now, only a year after making the deal. He's a union guy, too, so he understands the terrain. I hope this works out very badly for him. The Jets will be fine with or without him.

Although I think we can agree that both sides are being petty at this point, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to sympathize with Pete Kendall. This guy is a mid-30's, mediocre but declining guard who has never been a pro-bowler. I cannot sympathize with someone who gets paid 1.7 MILLION dollars to play a GAME, and then has the gall to bitch and moan for more. Especially considering this guy's "caliber" as a player, and the makeup of this franchise's fanbase. You'll be hard pressed to find a lot of Jets fans who sympathize with him. Even 4H and guys who think like him---yes, we can agree that maybe the FO could have handled this better; but i doubt 4H sympathizes with Kendall. Thinks the FO is acting a tad douchebaggish? Perhaps. Sympathize with Kendall? No way.

You're being paid 1.7 million to play a god damn game. Lord knows how many years of my life I will have to work extremely hard to tally that figure. Play the game.

Archived