Revis & Harris

Smizzy

Look pretty good so far. Revis is all over the place,great balance and great coverage skills and a great tackler.

Looks like we got 2 playmakers.

i would rather have had 4 playmakers, but these two guys do look pretty good.

<------------I am officially on the Harris bandwagon.This guy is already better than Vilma in the 3-4.

I didn't catch the game. So i'll ask you an honest question.

were you wearing goggles during the game, or was Harris really that impressive?

He's easily outplayed Vilma in all 3 preseason games so far.He's not kicking ass and taking names but he's taking o blockers,sticking his nose in plays and creating a pile for the RB to run into.He's playing the way a 3-4 ILB should play,Vilma is playing like a 4-3 MLB.Vilma still tries to read and react,waiting for the play to develop before committing to an assigment.But worst of all,he can't take on a blocker,he gets blown off the ball way too much.

Harris is that impressive. Just as impressive as he was at Michigan. Revis did not disappoint either. We definitely have two keepers here.

Believe it or not, Revis will win DROY. He will also be one of the best Cb's in the league in about 4 years.

I really think he has a shot at DROY also... Man we really have some young players with alot of potential on the Jets team. Kepp these guys together for 3-4 seasons and we will have a top notch 3-4 D because Mangini will keep on improving this team.

D.Revis 22 years of age, in 3 seasons will only be 25 (He can be out new A.Glenn)

J.Miller 23 years of age, in 3 seasons will only be 26 (He will turn out to be a SOLID CB)

D.Harris 23 years of age, in 3 seasons will be 26 (He plays like a 3-4 LB should in a 3-4)

K.Rhodes 25 years of age, in 3 seasons will be 28 and still in his prime making plays

J.Vilma 25 years of age, in 3 seasons will be 28 (He will be a vet by then in the 3-4 and I feel Vilma has way to much pure skill to be traded... Playing next to Harris and a D-Line in the future will have the Jets having Pocket A's as far as MLB's go in the NFL)

D.Robertson 25 years of age, in 3 seasons will be 28... This season is key for D-Rob, I believe in this man... And he is more than a roster spot, he can be a play maker.

We have some players in 3 seasons who can all be some big time play-makers for this Jets D... If we keep this supporting cast and simply build upon a solid D... We will be watching a great D for years to come.

Quality over Quantity anyday when it comes to drafting players... We may have only drafted 2 players with alot of potential in Revis and Harris but if they turn out to be impact players on this D like a K.Rhodes... I say we had a great draft.

True. Also, Stuckey and Bender (whether or not he works out as our LG) seem to have been good picks in that they will be contributors.

True. Also, Stuckey and Bender (whether or not he works out as our LG) seem to have been good picks in that they will be contributors.

.... and Leon, and Smith, and Mangold, and Clemens and possibly Brick... I like where this team is going.

Only bad pick so far was Schlegal.

harris is a big dude, hits hard & seemed to be around the ball a lot. Revis was also very impressive. the 2 shining stars from sat nights fiasco

are you saying that if we had our original picks we would have drafted 4 playmakers. get real man stop bieng a dee dee dee

grabbing houston, blalock, and then trading to still get harris would be 3 playmakers right there. So yeah, it is possible.

I like what i hear about Revis so far, but telling tangini to draft well in the early rounds is not too much to ask.

I don' tknow what a dee dee dee is, but coming from you, i coudln't care any less.

They looked great in last game. If those two are the only things we pull out of the 2007 draft, it was the best draft ever.

BZ

They both look great, plus they drafted Stuckey, who i think will be good.

And bender, who is a project, but i think he'll turn out okay (keeps fingers crossed on that one)

Believe it or not, Revis will win DROY. He will also be one of the best Cb's in the league in about 4 years.

I can see that happening. As soon as I saw him the first practice, I said, this guy is a baller. And he is physical. he's gonna put some major hits on people.

And something he hasnt shown on TV yet, but did in tc, is an unbelievable juke when returning punts. He is going to break some ankles.

The impressive thing about Harris is his closing speed. He doesnt appear to run fast, but man he closes in fast on the ball carrier.

I can see that happening. As soon as I saw him the first practice, I said, this guy is a baller. And he is physical. he's gonna put some major hits on people.

And something he hasnt shown on TV yet, but did in tc, is an unbelievable juke when returning punts. He is going to break some ankles.

The impressive thing about Harris is his closing speed. He doesnt appear to run fast, but man he closes in fast on the ball carrier.

I only saw harris in the giant game. he's a big dude as well. he really wraps up tackling & didn't look like he gets juked too easily.

Revis was a blanket on every play I saw. very impressive indeed

I only saw harris in the giant game. he's a big dude as well. he really wraps up tackling & didn't look like he gets juked too easily.

Revis was a blanket on every play I saw. very impressive indeed

i hate reading this stuff, you are putting my hopes up taht we do infact have Ty Law. My favorite part about what you are all saying is that he can tackle and he tackles hard. corners that can do it all, i love it.

As for Harris, go Blue.

• 2 months later...

Archived