G Robert Turner

LB Jason Trusnik

S Raymond Ventrone

C Joe Villani

DE Kimo von Oelhoffen

LB Andre Wadsworth

RB Danny Ware

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

so they cut banks and ware....must mean injury to thomas is not too severe.

so we go with thomas, washington, barnes, and tutt, correct?

Who will be our 3rd RB Tutt?

I'm surprised they kept Tui. I guess having Tutt double as backup FB/3rd RB makes up for that spot? Brad Smith also plays some tailback for them in his infinite "Slash" role.

I agree that Ware's invited to the practice squad. I like him. I hope they find a spot for him.

I'm sure the cuts aren't entirely done, either, as the Jets check out cuts from around the league.

how and why would they cut Ware who showed so much promise this summer? Who will be our 3rd RB Tutt?

No kidding. We can't go in with Leon and Jones, he's going to the PS. Too bad "KB can't get his shine!" Let's get him back, didn't he get cut.

Come on, "K.B. gotta get his shine,too!" get him back. I'm mean, sure Leon's playing well, but "K.B.?""Sho, he gotta get his shine,too"

hahaha I don't care if I'm the only one in the world who thinks that's funny, I love it!!LOL

No kidding. We can't go in with Leon and Jones, he's going to the PS. Too bad "KB can't get his shine!" Let's get him back, didn't he get cut.

Come on, "K.B. gotta get his shine,too!" get him back. I'm mean, sure Leon's playing well, but "K.B.?""Sho, he gotta get his shine,too"

hahaha I don't care if I'm the only one in the world who thinks that's funny, I love it!!LOL

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm surprised they kept Tui. I guess having Tutt double as backup FB/3rd RB makes up for that spot?

I agree that Ware's invited to the practice squad. I like him. I hope they find a spot for him.

I'm sure the cuts aren't entirely done, either, as the Jets check out cuts from around the league.

I agree slats I think Brad Smith's slow development at QB along with Marques Tui's good arm and improved play cost Ware his spot. Also, Stacy Tutt. He is valuable because he can play 4 positions TB, FB, QB and safety along with ST's-and we all know how The Tribe loves those multi-taskers

What the hell are you talking about?

anyone else remember or I am crazy?

Found it:

Quote: "He's shining right now, but K.B. is going to get his shine, too." Kevan Barlow on fellow running back, Leon Washington's recent success, NY Daily News, 10-26-06

hahaha LMAO still!

When a beat writer asked Kevan 2.5 ypc Barlow what he thought of Leon Washington's emergence as a rookie, he replied(and I'm paraphrasing), "Oh, yeah, he's shining fo sure right now, but you know K.B. gonna get his shine, too"

It was like week 4 or 5.

Someone on the JN posted it under ," I love when players talk about themselves in the third person."

We all know how much "shine" he got those last 11 games.

I've posted it every week when he ran for 2 yards a carry and it cracks me up to this day.

anyone else remember or I am crazy?

Barlow was worth what we had to give up for him for that win against New England...who REALLY sucked though was Derrick Blaylock

How are we carring 2 RB's with our starter missing the last 3 weeks with an injury?

This isnt the Herm Edwards era... TJ might be just fine... you just never know...

NOt to mention they can get a RB of Ware's ability in no time through FA>..

Barlow was worth what we had to give up for him for that win against New England...who REALLY sucked though was Derrick Blaylock

SFJ, this isn't funny from a guy averaging 2 yards a carry:

Quote: "He's shining right now, but K.B. is going to get his shine, too." Kevan Barlow on fellow running back, Leon Washington's recent success, NY Daily News, 10-26-06

hahaha LMAO still!

Congrats to Mike DeVito out of maine. He beat out a bunch of bubble guys and has to be very happy today.

Spencer and kassell, tui made it.

Gotta think they may deal one of the TEs for a guard. They may have known that someone would have claimed them if they cut them. Probably thinking Ware is safer to get through waivers, or maybe he didnt do well in the classroom work.

I was hoping Devito could make it, but I really am pleased he did.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10648&draftyear=2007

Mike Devito

DT | (6'3", 300, 5.05) | MAINE

Strengths: A big, strong, run-plugging defensive tackle prospect. He displays good upper body strength. Does a fine job of jarring offensive linemen with his hand punch and can overpower linemen in the phone booth. He has a great work ethic and is a "workout warrior" type. At his best when asked to control a gap versus the run. Plays with a non-stop motor and takes good angles to the ball when he gets through the line and into the backfield. Possesses adequate initial quickness, does a good job of anticipating the snap and occasionally will be able to collapse the pocket as a bull rusher. Steadily improved at the college level and should continue to get better with added experience.

Weaknesses: Possesses below average athleticism and speed. Does not display great change of direction skills and will not make nearly as many plays in the backfield at the NFL level. He has adequate initial quickness but lacks burst to consistently penetrate gaps. Will not offer much as a pass rusher. Also needs to improve his hands and overall technique in order to make the transition to the NFL. Played at a small school and there is some concern about ability to produce working against a much higher level of competition.

Overall: Devito sat out the 2002 season as a redshirt. In 2003, he saw action in 10 games recording 15 total tackles, 3.5 tackles-for-loss, 1.5 sacks, and one interception. Devito started all 11 games at nose tackle in 2004 finishing the year with 35 total tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, and 1.5 sacks. He again started all 11 games in 2005 and registered 34 total tackles, 12 tackles-for-loss, 6.5 sacks, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble. Devito started all 11 games during the 2006 season and tallied 28 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks, and one fumble recovery. Devito is a blue-collar player that shows good initial quickness of the ball and some potential to contribute in the NFL as a situational run-stuffing defensive tackle. However, he lacks the ideal agility and he needs lots of polish in terms of his footwork and hands before he's ready to match up at the next level. Devito is worth unlikely to be drafted but he's worth a look in training camp as an "undrafted" free agent.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Archived