Jet captains for this season....

NIGHT STALKER

Mangini also announced the Jets' captains for the season, elected by a vote of the players Sunday:

Offense: QB Chad Pennington and "first-time captain" WR Laveranues Coles

Defense: LB Jonathan Vilma and DE Shaun Ellis

Special Teams: K Mike Nugent and LB Brad Kassell

"I'm very happy for them," Mangini said. "I'm always happy to see those guys take over that position. I think it's a really good group and I'm excited about that."

Mangini also announced the Jets' captains for the season, elected by a vote of the players Sunday:

"I'm very happy for them," Mangini said. "I'm always happy to see those guys take over that position. I think it's a really good group and I'm excited about that."

Chad Pennington is a leader to this football team, the coach knows it, the players know it, and I know it... Great choice.

Coles is one of the toughest players to ever play the game, and what happen to him as a kid was just wrong, I'm glad for Coles that he got selected as a team captain... He deserved it.

On defense... If I had a choice S.Ellis would be my first selection as a jet team captain, year in and year out. He's always been one of my favorite Jets on the defensive side of the ball, I dont know why, I just feel that this guy comes to play each and every Sunday and gives it his all each and every play.

As far as Vilma goes... Once again, Great choice. Even the players around Vilma are starting to look at this kid as the leader of this Defense (Just like myself). All this talk about Mangini trading Vilma because he's not a 3-4 MLB... My ass. Mangini drafted D.Harris to play alongside Vilma for years to come in my eyes. Give us a solid RDE and a true NT in this 3-4 D, and I promise Vilma would be an all pro type player.

Nugent... May go down as one of the best kickers to ever play for the Jets.

Kassell... I think we should have gave it to someone else, lol

My only surprise is Laveranues Coles. But then again I can't think of anyone on offense who would be a better choice with kendall gone. I would say Thomas Jones, but he's just acclimating to the team himself this year and from what I hear he's not that vocal.

Captain Jet is my hero. Wish they would kick Fireman Ed out and replace him with Capt Jet. I mean, cmon... his helmet has wings!!! And he made his own TShirt (and didnt try to sell it at Modell's....)

Captain Jet is the Captain of the fans.

I'd buy that shirt.

Chad = Capt INT

Can people drop the offseason BS and just be happy about the season? The majority of the 52 other guys on the team like Chad... you dont... oh well.. week one is here and Chad is the QB... start supporting the guy...

Archived