The 326 million dollar joke.

PFSIKH

Your New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.

A combined 61-59. Take out the A's, Mariners and D-Rays and our teams are a combined 38-46.

Got their asses handed to them by the St. Louis Cardinals.

A combined one starter (Matt Clement) with an ERA under 4.

A combined 7 relievers with an ERA over 5.

Your New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.

A combined 61-59. Take out the A's, Mariners and D-Rays and our teams are a combined 38-46.

Got their asses handed to them by the St. Louis Cardinals.

A combined one starter (Matt Clement) with an ERA under 4.

A combined 7 relievers with an ERA over 5.

well, atleast we're only down 4.5 / 7 games to Baltiwhore :oops:

well, atleast we're only down 4.5 / 7 games to Baltiwhore :oops:

Something is telling me that B-more is gonna rue the day they didnt make big strides against the 2 AL East big guys while they down.

Then again, with every passing day, both teams are seemingly being flushed further and further down the crapper.

Great thread PFSIKH, I was thinking the same thing

Lets be honest {and I give you Bosox fans credit for being JUST THAT}, right now both of our teams are under-achieving bigtime ... they sould both be sued for impersonating a contender

One is playing like $hit and the other is playing like horse$hit ... unfortunately the Yankees are the latter of the two

Having said that, I do agree with my friend JBF ... if either of the two ever decides to earn their paychecks {which is no gimmie}, the Orioles may indeed regret not having left us so far in the dust that there is no coming back

Great thread PFSIKH, I was thinking the same thing

Lets be honest {and I give you Bosox fans credit for being JUST THAT}, right now both of our teams are under-achieving bigtime ... they sould both be sued for impersonating a contender

One is playing like $hit and the other is playing like horse$hit ... unfortunately the Yankees are the latter of the two

Having said that, I do agree with my friend JBF ... if either of the two ever decides to earn their paychecks {which is no gimmie}, the Orioles may indeed regret not having left us so far in the dust that there is no coming back

GJH - You can only polish a turd so much.

Ok, yesterday, the only team that won, which wasn't embarassed, were the Cubs (out of the fans on this board. We've got Mets, Tigers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs, right?). The Cubs pounded the Red Sox. The Cards pounded the Yanks. The Mets got pounded by the Angels. And the Tigers were shut out in Coors Field. Yesterday was a bad day.

Great post. As any Mets fan can tell you, just throwing money at free agents just doesn't get it doen anymore. You have to draft talent and let them develop over the course of 4-5 years, and have patience. That's how you build a TEAM, and not a rotisserie league.

LOL....Yanks and Sox fans warning the Orioles that they will pay for not taking full advantage of team checkbook A and B's bad start.

Balt has had more injuries than both Boston and the Yankees....Bedard, Javey Lopez, Sosa, Roberts, Bigbie ,Matos etc.

Who should be kicking themselves for not taking full advantage?

This is all true, but why not throw in the Mets and call it half a billion?

Because the Mets had no real aspirations for the WS this year...while the Sox and yanks have ws aspirations this year. The Mets will shed Piazza and get a better catcher (well better defensively and with some pop), a better hitting 1B (Sweeney maybe) and maybe shed cameron for a good RF or let Victor Diaz play next year.

So you see, we are in a different category...building for a run next year...the yanks and sox are building for one this year.

Plus Pedro blows away any pitcher on either staff...that cannot be disputed.

LL

Because the Mets had no real aspirations for the WS this year...while the Sox and yanks have ws aspirations this year. The Mets will shed Piazza and get a better catcher (well better defensively and with some pop), a better hitting 1B (Sweeney maybe) and maybe shed cameron for a good RF or let Victor Diaz play next year.

So you see, we are in a different category...building for a run next year...the yanks and sox are building for one this year.

Plus Pedro blows away any pitcher on either staff...that cannot be disputed.

LL

How can the Mets not have WS aspriations when they have the highest payroll in the National League ? :shock:

Archived