Who Should Be Our Starting QB for the rest of the Season?

Barton

Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?

• Kellen "Mega Duck" Clemens
    • Chad " I Throw Ducks " Pennington

No disrespect to Chad at all, but he has a certain skill set with a broad experience base. We've seen what he has and know what he doesn't have. .

Yes, we know what he has. One of the best years ever played by a quarter back, a winning record, a record of ALWAYS making the playoffs when healthy, a 130 passer rater and a 76% comp percentage and I'm not even in a fantasy league.

THIS IS CHAD's PRIME, when he's healthy, he's fantastic, in every statiscally category, including wins and losses and post season play. Don't make me say the 2nd ALL TIME thing again but I will, like a Mantra.

How about doing two things:

1. Wait until Chad throws an interception before we bench him in his first Fully Healthy year since his amazing 2002 season or at least let his QB rating dip under 110.

2. Let's enjoy this Marshall legend's first fully healthy year since he shocked the league, with an extra vigor and passion knowing that if our Lines(each anchored with a #4 Overall, one of which was Hershel-esque) keep playing like girls and we go 2-7:

We get to see if we have a Glenn Foley or Browning Nagle( both of which showed electrifying promise in "the genesis stage" ,especially Foley,remember that? )

or do we have that bad a$$ QB I saw on the last two drives?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennington to start Sunday, despite kudos for Clemens

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON

Star-Ledger Staff

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y

Players seemed eager to get Pennington back, although they were clearly impressed by the late-game heroics of Clemens. Every team needs a capable backup and the Jets think they have one in Clemens.

Also, players know the type of leader that Pennington is. He has led the Jets to three playoff appearances in the past five seasons and played most of the 2004 season with a torn rotator cuff, leading the Jets to a playoff victory in San Diego.

"Definitely it'll help (to get Pennington back)," said receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who caught seven passes for a career-high 165 yards against the Ravens. "Chad is one of our leaders. He's one of our main leaders, especially on offense."

Said tight end Chris Baker, who had a 3-yard touchdown catch against the Ravens, "Hopefully we'll get (Pennington) back in the fold."

----------

;-)

I wonder whose opinion i should accept--- these guys ^ or that of barton and chadhardonclemoon?

:confused0006:

1. Wait until Chad throws an interception before we bench him in his first Fully Healthy year since his amazing 2002 season or at least let his QB rating dip under 110.

2. Let's enjoy this Marshall legend's first fully healthy year since he shocked the league, with an extra vigor and passion knowing that if our Lines(each anchored with a #4 Overall, one of which was Hershel-esque) keep playing like girls and we go 2-7:

I like Chad and I'm still more comfortable with him starting, but I find it interesting that in his "first fully healthy year" since 2002, Chad has already missed more than one full game due to injury.

I like Chad and I'm still more comfortable with him starting, but I find it interesting that in his "first fully healthy year" since 2002, Chad has already missed more than one full game due to injury.

haha that was a good one. I think you know what I meant. I don't think that "twisted ankle" will hinder the progress of the Throwing Shoulder, the sligtly more serious problem, BUT

Too-shay! when you're right, you're right.

Guys, we all know coaches are incapable of making mistakes and that espns analysts and other media outlets are always right. Oh and that fans are always wrong.

Carry on, circle jerk. Carry on.

Chad has won the starting job under multiple head coaches, multiple OC's, gained support from his teamates over and over...

He could have easily been traded or cut when Mangini came... but they didnt becuase they like him... they could have easily traded him this season... but they didnt becuase they like him...

They could EASILY stick with Kellen now... they have a built in excuse,.... but they like Chad...

Chad has won the starting job under multiple head coaches, multiple OC's, gained support from his teamates over and over...

He could have easily been traded or cut when Mangini came... but they didnt becuase they like him... they could have easily traded him this season... but they didnt becuase they like him...

They could EASILY stick with Kellen now... they have a built in excuse,.... but they like Chad...

I'm pretty sure that entire regime pre-Mangini was completely gutted. Are you calling Chad a "coach killer" because you seem to be implying it....

And how about those teammates that wanted him cut and called him an egg after the 05' season? I guess they dont count eh?

You quote posts, but you never actually talk about the post you quoted. You just spin abunch of old tired bullsh#t about chad pennington to make yourself feel better. Its pa-the-tic.

Let me make it easy for you

You claimed that the Jets had lost 7 straight to the Ravens. TRUE (I will take your word for it as I only went back 4 games to 2000)

You inferred that Chad was somehow responsible because he had been the QB in most of those losses: FALSE, since Chad never played in any of those games.

That is my point.

when asked, "How many of those games was Chad the QB?"

he replies "most of them"

hahaha hold on, let me catch my breath, then says, "besides Chad not playing in any of those games, how have you proved me wrong?"

lol

I just want you to know that I saw how hysterical that was and, hahaha, sorry, I'm not ready for any sports trivia shows or anything, but let's make this a decent forum by looking up facts before you just start throwing things against the walls to see what sticks...lol "Most of them,huh"

I'm pretty sure that entire regime pre-Mangini was completely gutted. Are you calling Chad a "coach killer" because you seem to be implying it....

And how about those teammates that wanted him cut and called him an egg after the 05' season? I guess they dont count eh?

You quote posts, but you never actually talk about the post you quoted. You just spin abunch of old tired bullsh#t about chad pennington to make yourself feel better. Its pa-the-tic.

You try to act smarter than the HC, OC, FO and organization as a whole... its sad... pick a different team if you think they suck this bad...

Kellen Clemens started last week and played well in the 4th Q... Mangini has a built in excuse (in Chad being hurt) to start Clemens again and let him get a W...

HE ISNT DOING IT THOUGH

Clearly Chad is Mangini's QB...

All those times where you and others pointed out

Chad coming in for Testverde

Brady coming in for Bledsoe

ect ect

Are now no longer valid if Chad starts again Sunday... it shows Mangini beleives in Chad... if he didnt... Chad would have found a home on the bench

You try to act smarter than the HC, OC, FO and organization as a whole... its sad... pick a different team if you think they suck this bad...

Kellen Clemens started last week and played well in the 4th Q... Mangini has a built in excuse (in Chad being hurt) to start Clemens again and let him get a W...

HE ISNT DOING IT THOUGH

ect ect

Are now no longer valid if Chad starts again Sunday... it shows Mangini beleives in Chad... if he didnt... Chad would have found a home on the bench

**AGAIN**

I did talk about it... your guilty of spinning not me...

Your the one posting these completely BS troll like posts that have NOTHING to do with what YOU quoted...

Stop calling me out for **** by doing it yourself... hypocritical as all ****ing hell

I watch the Jets games too. What is he doing I don't know about? Does he tuck Joe Namath in at night? Does he mow the grass in the stadium or blow up the practice bubble with his lungs?

WTF does he do besides give you a hard on at night? "Created Jets fans " :confused0058: Who chicks who thinks he's cute and gay dudes? I mean what the **** has he done on the football field to bring Jets fans in?

win games.go to playoffs. something we don't do when he doesn't play if you haven't noticed.

I did talk about it... your guilty of spinning not me...

Your the one posting these completely BS troll like posts that have NOTHING to do with what YOU quoted...

Stop calling me out for **** by doing it yourself... hypocritical as all ****ing hell

You have never once quoted a post of mine, and broken down what you thought of each point I made in my post. Just like in the official debate we had, you quote my posts pretending to respond to what I have said, only you go completely of course by spouting off a bunch of unfounded biased chad lover propaganda.

I'm done arguing with you today, peewee.

You have never once quoted a post of mine, and broken down what you thought of each point I made in my post. Just like in the official debate we had, you quote my posts pretending to respond to what I have said, only you go completely of course by spouting off a bunch of unfounded biased chad lover propaganda.

Really? What was this? Just becuase it doesnt say what you wish it would doesnt mean I didnt respond...

Quote:

Originally Posted by barton viewpost.gif

Guys, we all know coaches are incapable of making mistakes and that espns analysts and other media outlets are always right. Oh and that fans are always wrong.

Carry on, circle jerk. Carry on.

Here we see you doing what you claim I am guilty of... you chose one line and ignored the rest...

What about what I said.... why wont you respond to it??? Kellen could easily stay the starter with little or no backlash at Mangini... give me one reason why he wouldnt start Kellen if he was the better QB? Clearly Chad is the better QB

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecurb2369 viewpost.gif

Were you talking to yourself here?

Because I didnt see a response to my post...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecurb2369 viewpost.gif

HE ISNT DOING IT THOUGH

ect ect

**AGAIN**

This quaterback debate is stupid. Why don't we focus on other areas that need improvement..Clemens is the future..If Rex Grossman took his team to the superbowl last year..Well his defense did..And that's what we need..Add an offensive line in there too.

So pretty much on the last page I foudn three example of you doing the exact thing your crying a river about... yet you cant point out where I have done it...

wtf is up with you?

Were you talking to yourself here?

Because I didnt see a response to my post...

I'm not going to waste my time on you in debates any longer. You dont know how to debate fairly, plain and simple. I could keep going back and forth with you, but I'd really only be going back and forth with myself because you do not extend the same courtesy that I do. You debate like you are talking to yourself in the mirror; "chad is the QB, mangini picked him, thats all u need to know...etc etc etc". You are either too dumb or too afraid to have your own views, so you hide behind Mangini and his views.

It's pathetic.

I'm not going to waste my time on you in debates any longer. You dont know how to debate fairly, plain and simple. I could keep going back and forth with you, but I'd really only be going back and forth with myself because you do not extend the same courtesy that I do. You debate like you are talking to yourself in the mirror; "chad is the QB, mangini picked him, thats all u need to know...etc etc etc". You are either too dumb or too afraid to have your own views, so you hide behind Mangini and his views.

It's pathetic.

Right.... you still are guilty of what you claimed I did... and didnt... AND you still havent answered my question...

IF Kellen Clemens is the better QB, why is Chad getting his job back while still recovering from an injury on Sunday?

Mangini has a clear way out here... he could cut ties with Chad forever this week, never look back and few would be mad at him... hell even I would support him...

but he didnt... becuase CHAD IS THE BETTER QB... get over yourself... stop acting like a know it all...

Right.... you still are guilty of what you claimed I did... and didnt... AND you still havent answered my question...

IF Kellen Clemens is the better QB, why is Chad getting his job back while still recovering from an injury on Sunday?

Mangini has a clear way out here... he could cut ties with Chad forever this week, never look back and few would be mad at him... hell even I would support him...

but he didnt... becuase CHAD IS THE BETTER QB... get over yourself... stop acting like a know it all...

Genius, Mangini has no way of knowing Clemens is better until he actually gets the chance to play for an extended period of time in real games.

He's not giving Clemens that chance right now, but hopefully he does soon because we are just treading water until the time comes.

There, now stop talking to me for the rest of the evening.

Genius, Mangini has no way of knowing Clemens is better until he actually gets the chance to play for an extended period of time in real games.

He's not giving Clemens that chance right now, but hopefully he does soon because we are just treading water until the time comes.

There, now stop talking to me for the rest of the evening.

Your saying there is no way to evaluate talent?

So the undrafted rookie on the JETS practice squad might be better than Chad if given the chance??? but becuase Mangini hasnt seen him in a game he will never know...???

Now you have said it all...

Mangini cant evaluate talent... good one

but you cna of course... becuase you know all

Does anyone find the results surprising, or not?

Considering Clemens was leading the poll until news broke that Pennington was going to be the starter, leading to more votes for pennington from the "We'll be happy w/whatever Mangin decides" crowd, no I am not really surprised.

Considering Clemens was leading the poll until news broke that Pennington was going to be the starter, leading to more votes for pennington from the "We'll be happy w/whatever Mangin decides" crowd, no I am not really surprised.

Are you disappointed?

Although i dont feel bound to agree with everything the FO or HC does, (and i dont always agree) I will defer to their judgment on the all-important QB decision.

But it's good to know that if Chad falters or is injured again, Kellen will be a capable replacement.

I think we need an upgrade over Pennington. That person may or may not be Kellen Clemens. I think we need to find this out at some point this season unless it looks like we're realistic superbowl contenders.

But the fact of the matter is Pennington has an exceptionally good record against Miami and at least the mathematical possibility exist for this team to end up in first place with a bye week. I think Chad is a mediocre talent with overrated smarts. But this isn't training camp anymore. They are real games & you try to win every one of them. Acceptable losses, to me, are after you're eliminated from the playoffs (either mathematically or when it's obvious enough).

But just about the dumbest thing I can think of is putting Clemens - who is allegedly the future QB of this franchise - in a situation where he can have the starting job taken away from him. As opposed to later in the season, if either Pennington is hurt or stinking up the joint; or if we're already eliminated from the post-season.

So that's why I didn't vote. I think if he's healthy, Chad should start this week. But I don't think he should start for the rest of the season. There was no voting option for that.

I think we need an upgrade over Pennington. That person may or may not be Kellen Clemens. I think we need to find this out at some point this season unless it looks like we're realistic superbowl contenders.

But the fact of the matter is Pennington has an exceptionally good record against Miami and at least the mathematical possibility exist for this team to end up in first place with a bye week. I think Chad is a mediocre talent with overrated smarts. But this isn't training camp anymore. They are real games & you try to win every one of them. Acceptable losses, to me, are after you're eliminated from the playoffs (either mathematically or when it's obvious enough).

But just about the dumbest thing I can think of is putting Clemens - who is allegedly the future QB of this franchise - in a situation where he can have the starting job taken away from him. As opposed to later in the season, if either Pennington is hurt or stinking up the joint; or if we're already eliminated from the post-season.

So that's why I didn't vote. I think if he's healthy, Chad should start this week. But I don't think he should start for the rest of the season. There was no voting option for that.

Great points Sperm.

Archived