Who Should Be Our Starting QB for the rest of the Season?

Barton

Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?

• Kellen "Mega Duck" Clemens
    • Chad " I Throw Ducks " Pennington

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say Clemens. I still think Pennington is a good QB but he's had his chances and he just gets hurt too much. We might as well see what Clemens can do as it seems like we may be headed for a potentially long season. He obviously still needs to learn many things so I think it will be a good idea for him to get experience this year on what may not be a playoff team.

all you clemens fans are crazy i was impressed with what he did in the 4th qtr but in the first 3 HE SUCKED! Chad would of won that game and after what he did last year winning 10 games on a bum shoulder and now everyones ready to throw him away beacuse clemens had ONE good quarterr

Actually, I did read it and it is an argument when you use bull$hit facts to support your position.

:Nuts:

04 - Carter

05 - Bollinger

07 - Clemens

I'm pretty sure that CP was injured in the week before the Jets were scheduled to play the Ravens in each of these years.

Like they say, you can look it up. ;-)

:Nuts:

04 - Carter

05 - Bollinger

07 - Clemens

I'm pretty sure that CP was injured in the week before the Jets were scheduled to play the Ravens in each of these years.

Like they say, you can look it up. ;-)

Wow..now that you mention it, yeah...lol. Both previous games against Jax(correct me if im wrong) with torn rotator cuffs, then this year the ankle against the Pats. Crazy stat there.

BTW...while i voted for Chad, I think it would be wiser to throw Revis in at QB. He is, after all, the only player to show up for both games, the entire game, this season :P

Wow..now that you mention it, yeah...lol. Both previous games against Jax(correct me if im wrong) with torn rotator cuffs, then this year the ankle against the Pats. Crazy stat there.

BTW...while i voted for Chad, I think it would be wiser to throw Revis in at QB. He is, after all, the only player to show up for both games, the entire game, this season :P

In 2004, he sustained the torn rotator vs Buffalo the week before they played baltimore, and carter played QB vs the Ravens.

In 2005 he was injured vs Jax, also the week before they played baltimore and bolly played QB vs the ravens.

In 2007, he sprained his ankle, also the week before they played baltimore

and Clemens played.

:character42:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=NYJ&season=2005&seasonType=REG

Neither.

Play Chad until one of 3 things happens:

1: we lose some more

2: he gets injured again

I don't like the idea of putting Clemens in there without support of all the players or with a glimmer of hope that "things would be much better with Chad" going on. The kid shouldn't have to be looking over his shoulder, afraid to make a mistake. Being fearless with the ball & winging it out there is what will make him a more dangerous QB than Pennington, not being better at taking safe passes & merely minimizing errors. That's fine when we've got a nice lead or a good defense or if the running game is doing well. But absent that, the offense needs some unpredictability; that is what will keep opposing defenses off-guard rather than keeping 8-9 players never moving deeper than 10-15 yards from the LOS on every single play.

But unless Mangini/BSchott are confident that if Clemens is given the torch he will not falter for at least a month straight, I'm too concerned with the prospect of giving him the ball now & taking it away from him. If it means 4-5 fewer games experience in '07, it's worth it so he takes all the first-team snaps from day one next spring/summer.

did you stick around for the 4th quarter?I didn't see a guy looking over his shoulder. I saw a gutsy poised q'back who quickly gained the respect of anyone playin or watching.

there's a reason the stadium got loud when clemens came in vs pats.lotsa people think its time for a change. how many wide receivers got the chance to be a goat twice in the same quarter by dropping a td pass when chad was in. I think baltimore woulda had him on his back cause he's sloooooooooowwww moving around the pocket and doesn't have the zip on the ball to go deep or out

I think cotch & coles would secretly welcome a change

The Jets have only played the Baltimore RAVENS six times and Chad Pennington never once started against them. The Ravens have won five in a row. They are 3-0 at M&T Bank vs. the Jets and 2-1 at the Meadowlands. The Jets' lone win came in 1997, led by Neil O'Donnell.

97 - O'Donnell

98 - Foley

00 - Testaverde

04 - Carter

05 - Bollinger

07 - Clemens

hahahahahahaha nice job,lol yeah let's try to keep this a respectable board, we're all on the f--king information superhighway, let's not just talk s--t we know nothing about.google or espn.com lol

I think cotch & coles would secretly welcome a change

and do you base that on Coles and Penny being best friends or Cotchery having his breakout year last year with Chad throwing him the ball? Yeah, I think they hated their 1,000 yard seasons last year.(I know coth's#'s genius)point remains.

They were arguably the best tandem in the league last year, I think secretly though.......they like Clemens.

Plus, it's obvious Kellen throws the ball too hard.Right,J-Mac, you cok sukker!

and do you base that on Coles and Penny being best friends or Cotchery having his breakout year last year with Chad throwing him the ball? Yeah, I think they hated their 1,000 yard seasons last year.(I know coth's#'s genius)point remains.

They were arguably the best tandem in the league last year, I think secretly though.......they like Clemens.

Plus, it's obvious Kellen throws the ball too hard.Right,J-Mac, you cok sukker!

uhh.. so did you just ridicule him for saying Cotch and Coles would welcome a change and then just say the same exact thing?

My opinion is Coles would resist the change just because he's so attached to Pennington. Cotchery would be less vocal about it and IMO would be excited about the chance to make more big plays.

Let me make it easy for you

You claimed that the Jets had lost 7 straight to the Ravens. TRUE (I will take your word for it as I only went back 4 games to 2000)

You inferred that Chad was somehow responsible because he had been the QB in most of those losses: FALSE, since Chad never played in any of those games.

That is my point.

Someone claimed Chad would have won that game. He said no, when has Chad ever won against Baltimore. You then proceeded to prove that Chad has never won in Baltimore and then declared yourself the winner, as the rest of us sat here laughing at you.

My, my, my how times have changed. Myself and Barton welcome you all to Team Clemens.

Looks like it's close to 50-50.

Our friends at tgg have it at 52%-48% Pennington with more than 400 voting.

I dont think the numbers are all that different from the way most people felt about it a week ago. Maybe a few fence sitters moved, but thats about it.

i'm one of the people that feel chad should start until he blows it, the Jets have no chance for the playoffs, or he is injured and can't play. so far none of that is true (injury almost good to go)

I rather agree, hence I didn't vote in the poll. I don't think Chad will end up being the QB for the rest of the season, but he will start until he blows it. We have a tough schedule coming up, when he shuts down against a defense and throws 2 INTs in two offensive series, he's probably gone. Any 2-3 week stretch of bad games and he is gone. My guess is he gets replaced mid-season, right at the bye week.

My guess is Kellen will start next week against the Fins and unless he blows it (he won't the Fins suck and the Jets have to win that game) he'll have the starting job locked up. Jets have a chance at 3 straight wins the next three weeks.

Miami is a layup and so are the Giants and their hideous D and inept coaching staff. Bills are the only remotely tough game next 3 weeks.

I went with CP :)

I'm really happy with what Kellen Clemens was able to do against the Ravens in his first start, it's a good feeling knowing that the Jets have two competent QB's.

I like Chad Pennington's ability to win football games for the Jets when he is on the field, his experience and win% is the reason that I went with CP.

From judging the first two games CP had a better start against a better football team, at least a better football team when it comes to winning (cheating aside). I know for a fact that if CP threw for 1 TD and 2 INT in 4 quarters of football like KC did, the some of the board would be tearing CP apart. Frustration runs deep in Jetland, thats why I understand the criticism, I have never understood the hate though, like hoping a Jets player dies or saying Chad Pennington is the sh*t on their shoe ( I remember somebody here said something to that effect), those are pathetic words spoken by scum!

Back on track, I feel CP gives the best chance to win football games for the Jets JMO.

If KC proves he deserves to be on the field more than CP then put KC on the field, It's all about the Jets, period.

Pennington to start Sunday, despite kudos for Clemens

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON

Star-Ledger Staff

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y

Players seemed eager to get Pennington back, although they were clearly impressed by the late-game heroics of Clemens. Every team needs a capable backup and the Jets think they have one in Clemens.

Also, players know the type of leader that Pennington is. He has led the Jets to three playoff appearances in the past five seasons and played most of the 2004 season with a torn rotator cuff, leading the Jets to a playoff victory in San Diego.

"Definitely it'll help (to get Pennington back)," said receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who caught seven passes for a career-high 165 yards against the Ravens. "Chad is one of our leaders. He's one of our main leaders, especially on offense."

Said tight end Chris Baker, who had a 3-yard touchdown catch against the Ravens, "Hopefully we'll get (Pennington) back in the fold."

----------

How dare they. just let 'em try to come on a jets message board- they'd be flamed by all the would-be coaches who would let them know they clearly do not know what they are talking about. No rep for them!

;-)

Pennington to start Sunday, despite kudos for Clemens

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON

Star-Ledger Staff

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y

Players seemed eager to get Pennington back, although they were clearly impressed by the late-game heroics of Clemens. Every team needs a capable backup and the Jets think they have one in Clemens.

Also, players know the type of leader that Pennington is. He has led the Jets to three playoff appearances in the past five seasons and played most of the 2004 season with a torn rotator cuff, leading the Jets to a playoff victory in San Diego.

"Definitely it'll help (to get Pennington back)," said receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who caught seven passes for a career-high 165 yards against the Ravens. "Chad is one of our leaders. He's one of our main leaders, especially on offense."

Said tight end Chris Baker, who had a 3-yard touchdown catch against the Ravens, "Hopefully we'll get (Pennington) back in the fold."

----------

How dare they. just let 'em try to come on a jets message board- they'd be flamed by all the would-be coaches who would let them know they clearly do not know what they are talking about. No rep for them!

;-)

Thanks JC. As long as the Jets win Sunday I could care less who actually starts. Right now if I were HC I'd go with Chad but it was nice to see what KC did in the 4th quarter Sunday.

Thanks JC. As long as the Jets win Sunday I could care less who actually starts. Right now if I were HC I'd go with Chad but it was nice to see what KC did in the 4th quarter Sunday.

I agree, so much so that I havent even voted in this poll.

Whoever they start- Go Jets!

Archived