Who Should Be Our Starting QB for the rest of the Season?

Barton

Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?

• Kellen "Mega Duck" Clemens
    • Chad " I Throw Ducks " Pennington

Up until the late part of the game I would have agreed with that. He was definitely holding the ball too long while standing still.

But then I saw him curl up at the last second on an unblocked blitzer. If he doesn't feel the pass rush at all, that ball gets swatted out of his hands easy.

Also on a couple of those later plays, Baltimore was getting in the backfield. Clemens bought some time by actually sliding around or stepping up in the pocket; something Chad does not do. The result of doing it were multiple completions.

I think he does have some pocket presence & it was just first-game jitters and two years of rust. What was most impressive was that we were actually moving the ball downfield - in a hurry - when the whole world knew we were in pass-only mode.

yup,,the kid got his jitters over with,, hung in there and you saw what he can do,,

the threat of long ball amd the unreal velocity for mid route passes is somethkng that wil leffect opposing defense,,something chad never brought to table,,

there is no question in my mind tha tclemens gives us abetter chance to win right now,,chad will manage the game better, but opposing defense take too much away from jet offense when chad and his weak arm are in there,,clemens opens up the playbook for our offense..

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jets have lost 7 in a row in baltimore enuff said

and Chad was at QB in how many of those games exactly?

more than any other QB

OK, you made me do the work to prove you wrong.

Last 4 meetings:

Yesterday - Kellen Clemens

10/2/05 - Brooks Bollinger

11/14/04 - Quincy Carter

12/24/2000 - Vinny Testaverde

So the fact is that Chad has never lost to the Ravens, because he has never played against them.

more than any other QB

Chad Pennington has never started against the Baltimore Ravens because he has never been healthy heading into the games. Chad fears Ray Lewis.

The Ravens are also 5-1 against the Jets all-time with 5 straight wins. 3-0 at M&T Bank Stadium, 2-1 at the Meadowlands.

OK, you made me do the work to prove you wrong.

Last 4 meetings:

Yesterday - Kellen Clemens

10/2/05 - Brooks Bollinger

11/14/04 - Quincy Carter

12/24/2000 - Vinny Testaverde

So the fact is that Chad has never lost to the Ravens, because he has never played against them.

other than chad never started any of those games how have you proven me wrong

Even if you voted for Chad, do we all agree Clemens is the future?

If so, WHY are you just delaying the inevitable? Trying to squeeze 9 wins out of Chad this year is pointless, its putting short term goals ahead of long term goals. We all know Chad is not gonna be here long term, therefore it is a NO-BRAINER, to start Clemens right now.

If so, WHY are you just delaying the inevitable? Trying to squeeze 9 wins out of Chad this year is pointless, its putting short term goals ahead of long term goals. We all know Chad is not gonna be here long term, therefore it is a NO-BRAINER, to start Clemens right now.

chad is not winning 9 games with that ankle

i think thats what i have been trying to say,,,this is a no brainer, UNLESS you think Chad is the answer for many years to come..

enough with the "chad woulda won that game" arguments how many times had chad beaten ravens in baltimore

jets have lost 7 in a row in baltimore enuff said

and Chad was at QB in how many of those games exactly?

more than any other QB

other than chad never started any of those games how have you proven me wrong

I think the back and forth here speaks for itself. Chad hasn't played against Baltimore, starting or otherwise.

Welcome to the darkside Mr.80 from Madison.:beer:

I was never a Pennington or Clemens "guy", so I never really "converted" anywhere, 124.

I just want what's best for the Jets. As it stands, Clemens is our future, and he proved that in the 4th quarter against a top 5 defense. When was the last time Pennington did that?

whats your point man. i'm not a psychics nor do i have the magical vagina

Let me make it easy for you

You claimed that the Jets had lost 7 straight to the Ravens. TRUE (I will take your word for it as I only went back 4 games to 2000)

You inferred that Chad was somehow responsible because he had been the QB in most of those losses: FALSE, since Chad never played in any of those games.

That is my point.

Let me make it easy for you

You claimed that the Jets had lost 7 straight to the Ravens. TRUE (I will take your word for it as I only went back 4 games to 2000)

You inferred that Chad was somehow responsible because he had been the QB in most of those losses: FALSE, since Chad never played in any of those games.

That is my point.

so because chad is fragile emo egg back there he is excused

The Jets have only played the Baltimore RAVENS six times and Chad Pennington never once started against them. The Ravens have won five in a row. They are 3-0 at M&T Bank vs. the Jets and 2-1 at the Meadowlands. The Jets' lone win came in 1997, led by Neil O'Donnell.

97 - O'Donnell

98 - Foley

00 - Testaverde

04 - Carter

05 - Bollinger

07 - Clemens

The Jets have only played the Baltimore RAVENS six times and Chad Pennington never once started against them. The Ravens have won five in a row. They are 3-0 at M&T Bank vs. the Jets and 2-1 at the Meadowlands. The Jets' lone win came in 1997, led by Neil O'Donnell.

97 - O'Donnell

98 - Foley

00 - Testaverde

04 - Carter

05 - Bollinger

07 - Clemens

Now here is a man that has done his homework! Good job 124! ;)

I was never a Pennington or Clemens "guy", so I never really "converted" anywhere, 124.

I just want what's best for the Jets. As it stands, Clemens is our future, and he proved that in the 4th quarter against a top 5 defense. When was the last time Pennington did that?

Last year against the colts he had us coming back, i realize there was a KO return in there.

I did like KC, and would like to see him get more minutes. It makes sense for it to happen this year, since our defense still looks pretty lost. The one problem with rebuilding now, is that Coles is getting older, it is so nice having both Cotch and Coles, that when we get reduced to Stuckey/wright and Cotch, it will be a huge drop off.

Let the rebuilding begin. although KC can get us to the playoffs, i have no doubt.

so how does all this rubbish constitute into the phrase that "penny woulda won that game", which i am trying to confute

I never said that. I think Chad gives us the best chance to win right now, but I was excited with what I saw from Clemens in the 4th quarter. I trust in the coaching staff to make the right choice but no matter who is playing QB I will be rooting like hell for them to succeed.

I never said that. I think Chad gives us the best chance to win right now, but I was excited with what I saw from Clemens in the 4th quarter. I trust in the coaching staff to make the right choice but no matter who is playing QB I will be rooting like hell for them to succeed.

so you didnt read the whole thread and you wasted a whole hour pushing a nonargument

Archived