Who Should Be Our Starting QB for the rest of the Season?

Barton

Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which QB should start next week and for the rest of the season?

• Kellen "Mega Duck" Clemens
    • Chad " I Throw Ducks " Pennington

Someone claimed Chad would have won that game. He said no, when has Chad ever won against Baltimore. You then proceeded to prove that Chad has never won in Baltimore and then declared yourself the winner, as the rest of us sat here laughing at you.

Chad has never played against Baltimore so therefore he was not at QB for any of the losses. Seems pretty simple to me. It appears that "the rest of us" that were having a good laugh must all be members of the "I have a reading comprehension problem' club.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Clemens not because he is the better quarterback but because the the Jets are a team under construction. They are not built to win it all this year, there are missing too many pieces. They are, however, a team of the future.

I love Chad, his head, his guts, his leadership, his ball handling his gamesmanship, his touch on the ball but without great legs his limited arm is exposed. He'll probably be a great HC some day.

Clemens has all the tools, the time has come to give him his chance to see if he is the QB of the future.

On a side note-why hasn't the Genius tried the 4-3 when his front seven seems so much more suited to it with the young players on the roster?

Chad in his career against the dolfags is 6-1. I'll take my chances with Chad this week....and this is all about winning isn't it guys?;)

This is true. Chad does own Miami. Then again, what QB since '98 hasn't beaten Miami? The Dolphins have beaten the Jets just 4 times from '98-Present.

The four times they won? Three came in the Ricky Williams era and one in 2005 with Brooks Bollinger at the helm.

and Chad had nothing to do with any of those losses, as you originally claimed. That seems pretty straightforward to me.

first i never claimed anything of such. you asked me how many of those 7 games did chad play and my answer was probably more than any. that was my assumption and i was wrong on that but how are the facts that jet are 0-7 against baltimore in baltimore, bulsh!t please do explain. without farting out sidewinders

i'm not a raven fan so i dont know about that. i did hear the game anouncer say that jets are 0-7 in baltimore or something like that

I didn't hear that and if you look up and see the Jets are 1-5 against the Ravens, 0-3 in Baltimore. It was on NewYorkJets.com earlier this week. M&T Bank Stadium I believe was built in 1998. In 96 and '97 they played at the old Memorial Stadium.

I didn't hear that and if you look up and see the Jets are 1-5 against the Ravens, 0-3 in Baltimore. It was on NewYorkJets.com earlier this week. M&T Bank Stadium I believe was built in 1998. In 96 and '97 they played at the old Memorial Stadium.

hmm... maybe i heard something else. but that doesn't matter. my point was that chad would not have faired any better against the ravens then clemens did. and i stick to my guns:Trk:

Pennington is a piece of sh^t, and the Jets franchise is nutless.

Tell us how you really feel...

Chad has done more for the JETS than you ever can dream of... he means more to the JETS than you ever will... and has created more JETS fans than he has crazy people like you who hate him...

Get over it, Mangini and the JETS like Chad Pennington... or learn to live with it...

Chad has done more for the JETS than you ever can dream of... he means more to the JETS than you ever will... and has created more JETS fans than he has crazy people like you who hate him...

Get over it, Mangini and the JETS like Chad Pennington... or learn to live with it...

WOW! HE MEANS MORE TO THE JETS THAN ME???

REALLY??!!?

As if that has relevance to the debate, jacka##.

I watch the Jets games too. What is he doing I don't know about? Does he tuck Joe Namath in at night? Does he mow the grass in the stadium or blow up the practice bubble with his lungs?

WTF does he do besides give you a hard on at night? "Created Jets fans " :confused0058: Who chicks who thinks he's cute and gay dudes? I mean what the **** has he done on the football field to bring Jets fans in?

Pennington CAN'T STAY HEALTHY is the point.

What makes you think Clemens will fair any better, running for his life. It is not that Chad was sick, he was injured because he was not protected and he played injured because he is tough. The only thing I will agree with, is, at 31 years of age, Chad is not our future. Clemens can wait until next year though. We have a better chance with Pennington this year because he's been there and done that. Clemens can sit on the bench and if Chad goes down he'll get in. I hope the fans in the stadium refrains from calling for Clemens when Chad starts. Clemens hasn't won the starting job, he's gained a little experience and will probably be okay if and when he's called on again.

I watch the Jets games too. What is he doing I don't know about? Does he tuck Joe Namath in at night? Does he mow the grass in the stadium or blow up the practice bubble with his lungs?

WTF does he do besides give you a hard on at night? "Created Jets fans " :confused0058: Who chicks who thinks he's cute and gay dudes? I mean what the **** has he done on the football field to bring Jets fans in?

I started supporting the Jets after watching Chad rip apart The Colts in 2002.

One of the first NFL games I ever saw so you could say he is the reason Im a Jet fan. There were 31 other teams I could have chosen, I chose Chad and the Jets.

in 2002 he got us to the wild card game.

In 2004 with a sore shoulder he got us to the wild card again and beat the Chargers and then got us to the AFC championship game. (We lost to the 15-1 Steelers) Doug Brien missed two field goals, one in reg. and one in OT.

In 2005 he had two shoulder surgeries and the team was 4-12.

IN 2006 he got the Jets a 10-6 record and another wild card, when all the experts predicted zilch. He won the wild card and lost the playoff game. He's done an admirable job with supporting casts that left much to be desired.

Point is, he always gives us a chance to win. When he's out the team is not as successful. He's been our QB and he deserves to be our starter. Clemens looked good in the last quarter of one game. What has HE done to push Pennington out. I watch the games too.

We should start Brad Smith at QB. He can do it all.

Trade Pennington, Clemens, Vilma and Robertson for 1st rounders and maybe some additional 4th rounders or so, if we get the right trade partners.

We'll then have 5 1st round draft picks. Use them for lineman. Pick up a stud running back in the 2nd round, then a cornerback to complement Revis, an ILB to complement Harris, an OLB and a solid bookend for Baker.

This will be the beginning of the Tangini Dynasty.:superman:

Are you joking? Chad put the JETS on the map in 02' for a new generation... people latched on to him... if you dont think he created a lot of new fans you sadly mistaken... I know a couple myself...

Chad ALWAYS gets in the playoffs when he starts most games.... ALWAYS... the JETS never have a QB that ALWAYS gets them into the playoffs...

He is inspiring many people too, coming back from something NO QB has... NONE... and earing his starting job with a NEW coach TWO YEARS in a row...

He teamates love him and the coaches like him and his ability to win...

Are you blind? or has your hatred for Chad blinded you for now?

Someone claimed Chad would have won that game. He said no, when has Chad ever won against Baltimore. You then proceeded to prove that Chad has never won in Baltimore and then declared yourself the winner, as the rest of us sat here laughing at you.

Was that freaking hysterical or what?!

Are you joking? Chad put the JETS on the map in 02' for a new generation... people latched on to him... if you dont think he created a lot of new fans you sadly mistaken... I know a couple myself...

Chad ALWAYS gets in the playoffs when he starts most games.... ALWAYS... the JETS never have a QB that ALWAYS gets them into the playoffs...

He is inspiring many people too, coming back from something NO QB has... NONE... and earing his starting job with a NEW coach TWO YEARS in a row...

He teamates love him and the coaches like him and his ability to win...

Are you blind? or has your hatred for Chad blinded you for now?

He is inspiring many others too...you know all the people who have a pay grade well above their abilities.

NEWBIE!!!! I didn't choose the Jets, I was born into them!

I chose the Jets 44 years ago when they were the TITANS. Moved over from the Giants which games I went to with my Father. Titans were practically giving the tickets away Got my own tickets, got my own team and my Father came with me. Still went to the Giants games with my Father though. After the Jets won the Superbowl, I finally got up enough nerve to wear my Jets Jersey at Giants games. Never missed Jets home game till 1994. Gave up tickets in 1995. Now I'm stuck watching all games on TV, but I got a 65" HD screen and a 42"HD in my bedroom. I miss mingling and being part of the crowd noise. Otherwise it's great watching the games on HD.

I love the Jets and my fellow Fans new and old with the exception of the rude crude alcohol soaked brained fans that give the rest of us a bad name.

in 2002 he got us to the wild card game.

In 2004 with a sore shoulder he got us to the wild card again and beat the Chargers and then got us to the AFC championship game. (We lost to the 15-1 Steelers) Doug Brien missed two field goals, one in reg. and one in OT.

In 2005 he had two shoulder surgeries and the team was 4-12.

IN 2006 he got the Jets a 10-6 record and another wild card, when all the experts predicted zilch. He won the wild card and lost the playoff game. He's done an admirable job with supporting casts that left much to be desired.

Point is, he always gives us a chance to win. When he's out the team is not as successful. He's been our QB and he deserves to be our starter. Clemens looked good in the last quarter of one game. What has HE done to push Pennington out. I watch the games too.

Love the spirit but your play-off memory is a tad off. In 02 we won more than you credit while you lost me on the 04 Pitt game being the AFC Championship game as well as us winning the WC game in 06.

Chad has the job for now and deservedly so but if Clemens gets another shot and can play well other than when we are down 17 with the Ravens defense asleep while Cotch ran wild after the catch, than he has some competition on his hands and Mangini will likely make the switch.

Regardless, all Jets fans should be extremely happy with Sundays 4th qtr showing by Kellen. Now it's up to him to take the job from #10 which he hasn't been able to do to date.

Archived